Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I love a woman who can squat 200+.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Saw OPs name was Sweaty_N_Hung. Ran to his profile to FR him. Saw his name was Sweaty_N_Hungry.

Can I sue for false advertising?
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Squats keep them lifted :smile: And my husband really appreciates that :wink:

But we still have come a long way from the days when it was thought "if a woman ran a marathon her uterus would fall out"

Ssshhhhh... This is STILL my reasoning behind refusing to run..
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    you forgot barbell hip thrusts
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

null_zps7c290a4d.png

/swoon

Works out in pink push up bra while checking her self out...kindred spirits.
    10/10 want that *kitten*.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I will stop lifting then.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Saw OPs name was Sweaty_N_Hung. Ran to his profile to FR him. Saw his name was Sweaty_N_Hungry.

Yes, let's do that.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Eh... some people like muscle definition, others don't.

I think the ones that say they do not want to get bulky misuse the term. For me, I don't want a ton of muscle definintion, but that doesn't mean I don't want muscle.

I think these threads could stop any day and it wouldn't hurt my feelings any. let the cardio bunnies be cardio bunnies, let the lifters be lifters and let the ones that don't want to work out not work out.

I honestly couldn't care less, also be honest..majority of the women who have lost a lot of weight and who have seen amazing results due to heavy lifting did a lot of cardio prior to starting to lift. Everyone always seems to forget that part.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHA...! I thought the same thing!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    TBH the female lifting threads are getting a little played out....but DAYUM, this one was worth looking at. Dat *kitten*....so nice.

True. But I still think the general populace has this idea that if women lift then it will make them bulky, fat, unattractive, etc. or that women CAN'T lift. Obviously ridiculous, but I had a trainer at my gym refuse to show me weights and told me to "stick to cardio only."
  • hide_yo_cats
    hide_yo_cats Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    null_zps7c290a4d.png

What I've learned from looking at this picture:
    Thanks to my squat *kitten*, no one will ever notice if i do that "duck face" thing in my pictures.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

It made me a sad panda too.

strawpanda_zps57570def.jpg
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I suggest you stick to elliptical machines and small 5lb weights.

null_zpse8a1bf33.png
    null_zps7c290a4d.png
    null_zps1352c1f3.png

If being bulky is wrong please, for the love of sweet baby jeebus, please don't be right.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    The only thing wrong with this thread is squatting with a Smith Machine!! :laugh:

Seriously.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I hope they make me that bulky! GOT DAMN!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

I think the ones that say they do not want to get bulky misuse the term. For me, I don't want a ton of muscle definintion, but that doesn't mean I don't want muscle.

I think these threads could stop any day and it wouldn't hurt my feelings any. let the cardio bunnies be cardio bunnies, let the lifters be lifters and let the ones that don't want to work out not work out.

I honestly couldn't care less, also be honest..majority of the women who have lost a lot of weight and who have seen amazing results due to heavy lifting did a lot of cardio prior to starting to lift. Everyone always seems to forget that part.

I was doing a ton of cardio (2 hours a day, six days per week - not the best time in my life!) and my weight loss stalled until I started lifting and cut down on the cardio. Now I do both.
  • hide_yo_cats
    hide_yo_cats Posts: 83 Member
    Options

It made me a sad panda too.

strawpanda_zps57570def.jpg

I can vouch for him. Go get some, ladies!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

I was doing a ton of cardio (2 hours a day, six days per week - not the best time in my life!) and my weight loss stalled until I started lifting and cut down on the cardio. Now I do both.

Everyone has something that works for them. That was my point. I know cardio doesn't always work for everyone but everyone is different and to keep posting repetitive threads is pointless imo.
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    I've been putting off all this "lifting" talk because I don't know where to start. But my God, I have to get with the program. That's the difference between having a butt and having an *kitten*....I want an *kitten* like that!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    The sad thing is it's really NOT THAT HARD to get a nice *kitten*. The lower body usually recovers very well and quickly from lifting, and makes some of the fastest gains and most visible changes when challenged.