Customer On Mobile Refused Service

Options

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    That's ignorant. Beeping your horn doesn't magically make everyone dart out into traffic. What would the charge be since you are obviously a lawyer? "manslaughter by horn beep, even though you weren't involved in the accident". Wow, we have some real arm chair experts on here.

civil suits require a lot less proof. plus just defending yourself in a civil suit even if you win can be expensive. but go ahead and keep honking and loling like a child. :)

Proof of what genius? I wasn't involved in the accident, the retard on the phone who blew through a light was. I was honking and waiving at my friend that happened to drive by. Keep on texting and driving, your Darwin award should arrive soon.

lady, you dont even realize that cell phone laws are not universal and you suggest i should get a Darwin?

Lady? lol. So where is it legal to text and drive?
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    It is part of my job to get at least 80% phone capture, and 50% email capture. If I skip through those steps without asking the customer for them and a manager sees, that's my *kitten*.
    Now this is what I find rude.
    It's not the cashiers fault but it is the fault of the business.
    I hate being asked this question every time I shop.
    If I've said no before I said no. live with it.
    The cashiers unfortunately have to live with being told to be rude to customers this way
    They should talk to the union.
    Some cashiers in Australia have managed to get the upsell and intrusive details type questions stopped thru negotiations.

To be honest I totally agree. Do you really think I like hounding people for their freakin phone and email? If there's no manager around, I simply say "Feel like giving phone and email for coupons and promotions?" usually followed by a "Sure, it's..." or "No, thanks." At which point I skip it and give them the receipt. But because customers are apparently just letters and numbers, and employees are percentages, when there is a manager I'm forced into my spiel about "Oh, are you sure? We don't sell your information, we'll never call you, it's for demographic purposes blah blah blah" I hate even listening to myself saying it O.o It's really the only part of my job I dislike. I don't think it's really that rude when there aren't any managers around though. Just a simple Sure or No, thanks and I skip through it. and we're done.

ETA: Did I mention that I'm also required not to actually ask, but to make it a statement? "Phone number, please." "Email, please." Again...these are things I only do when there's a manager.

So as the customer, what is our appropriate shut all that down response in front of the manager that will put a stop to it, but not make us seem douchey? What can we say to get us both off the hook you as the cashier and me as the customer. What can I say in response that will not get you in trouble, not make me look like a betch and end it? In front of the manager.

I wish I knew! Most people aren't rude about it, I think they "get it". They just give me another "No, thank you." and I move on. I have to ask twice, but I'm not gonna beg you for it. Of course I always try to adapt to the customer. If they are very firm in their first response or seem in a hurry, or both, I usually skip it without pressing it further.

Thanks so it seems then like since you have to ask twice, then I should just have to say "no thank you" twice. Or possibly just say "you guys already have my info" when appropriate?

Yeah, that could work. I mean, if you're in a hurry you COULD be rude about it, and I probably would not fault you for it! I hate being asked too.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My favorite tactic is to honk loudly at a red light when I see someone playing with their phone. The dummies hit the gas without a thought and lurch forward! LOL

I was with you up to this. I will play with my phone at a red light, but not while moving and I keep an eye on the light. What you do is a really good way to get someone killed. It won't be so funny then, will it?

Some ignorant clown killing themselves due to their own irresponsible and inconsiderate behavior is no loss to me. I consider it just doing my part in cleaning up the gene pool.

It's obvious that the idea of personal accountability is a foreign concept for you, eh?

you dont care if you get someone killed?

its going to be funny when you pull your trick on the wrong person and they get out of their car and come at you.

Or, if something did happen, and someone noticed how it happened, and you wind up in jail?

You can't go to jail for beeping your horn at someone. Do you people think before you post?

If you beeped your horn, and it caused someone to dart into traffic and there was an accident... You'd better have a damn good attorney.

That's ignorant. Beeping your horn doesn't magically make everyone dart out into traffic. What would the charge be since you are obviously a lawyer? "manslaughter by horn beep, even though you weren't involved in the accident". Wow, we have some real arm chair experts on here.

This guy didn't even say beeping the horn makes people dart into traffic. LMFAO! The guy you are DEFENDING said that! Holy *kitten* this guy is LOST! Lol.

And actually, I see that happening, not as pressing the accelerator, but as some cars when you lift your foot off the brake the car automatically rolls forward. So that can happen. When you consider how far some cars edge into an intersection preparing for a right turn and how fast oncoming traffic comes perpendicular when they have a green or worse yet a yellow light, I can see disaster. Maybe some places it's not that precarious but in a city like LA this can have disastrous consequences.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Where is it legal to text and drive? I don't live in gang land so I am not concerned about that.

several states http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/cellphone_laws.html
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    It is part of my job to get at least 80% phone capture, and 50% email capture. If I skip through those steps without asking the customer for them and a manager sees, that's my *kitten*.
    The cashiers unfortunately have to live with being told to be rude to customers this way
    Some cashiers in Australia have managed to get the upsell and intrusive details type questions stopped thru negotiations.

To be honest I totally agree. Do you really think I like hounding people for their freakin phone and email? If there's no manager around, I simply say "Feel like giving phone and email for coupons and promotions?" usually followed by a "Sure, it's..." or "No, thanks." At which point I skip it and give them the receipt. But because customers are apparently just letters and numbers, and employees are percentages, when there is a manager I'm forced into my spiel about "Oh, are you sure? We don't sell your information, we'll never call you, it's for demographic purposes blah blah blah" I hate even listening to myself saying it O.o It's really the only part of my job I dislike. I don't think it's really that rude when there aren't any managers around though. Just a simple Sure or No, thanks and I skip through it. and we're done.

ETA: Did I mention that I'm also required not to actually ask, but to make it a statement? "Phone number, please." "Email, please." Again...these are things I only do when there's a manager.

So as the customer, what is our appropriate shut all that down response in front of the manager that will put a stop to it, but not make us seem douchey? What can we say to get us both off the hook you as the cashier and me as the customer. What can I say in response that will not get you in trouble, not make me look like a betch and end it? In front of the manager.

I wish I knew! Most people aren't rude about it, I think they "get it". They just give me another "No, thank you." and I move on. I have to ask twice, but I'm not gonna beg you for it. Of course I always try to adapt to the customer. If they are very firm in their first response or seem in a hurry, or both, I usually skip it without pressing it further.

Thanks so it seems then like since you have to ask twice, then I should just have to say "no thank you" twice. Or possibly just say "you guys already have my info" when appropriate?

Yeah, that could work. I mean, if you're in a hurry you COULD be rude about it, and I probably would not fault you for it! I hate being asked too.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Why can't you use a firearm from a car? Is there some security feature in them that shuts them down inside a vehicle? lol Got us another expert here.

you have reading comprehension problems.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    My favorite tactic is to honk loudly at a red light when I see someone playing with their phone. The dummies hit the gas without a thought and lurch forward! LOL

I was with you up to this. I will play with my phone at a red light, but not while moving and I keep an eye on the light. What you do is a really good way to get someone killed. It won't be so funny then, will it?

Some ignorant clown killing themselves due to their own irresponsible and inconsiderate behavior is no loss to me. I consider it just doing my part in cleaning up the gene pool.

It's obvious that the idea of personal accountability is a foreign concept for you, eh?

you dont care if you get someone killed?

its going to be funny when you pull your trick on the wrong person and they get out of their car and come at you.

Or, if something did happen, and someone noticed how it happened, and you wind up in jail?

You can't go to jail for beeping your horn at someone. Do you people think before you post?

If you beeped your horn, and it caused someone to dart into traffic and there was an accident... You'd better have a damn good attorney.

This guy didn't even say beeping the horn makes people dart into traffic. LMFAO! The guy you are DEFENDING said that! Holy *kitten* this guy is LOST! Lol.

And actually, I see that happening, not as pressing the accelerator, but as some cars when you lift your foot off the brake the car automatically rolls forward. So that can happen. When you consider how far some cars edge into an intersection preparing for a right turn and how fast oncoming traffic comes perpendicular when they have a green or worse yet a yellow light, I can see disaster. Maybe some places it's not that precarious but in a city like LA this can have disastrous consequences.

he was talking about it causing and accident genius. How is it going to cause an accident if no one darts out into traffic, like they shouldn't do just from hearing a horn? Wow, you are an everything expert aren't you? So again, how am I going to get charged for something when there was no accident and all I did was beep my horn? Is your IQ higher than the temperature outside?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    This is a pretty dumb statement. You obviously text while driving as much as you are defending it. If him honking a horn causes someone to blow through an intersection because they were on their phone, guess what, it's still their fault for being on the phone to begin with, which is illegal, unlike honking a horn. And of someone wants to get out of their car and "come at me" that would be fine. I have a CCDW and your car is considered a place of dwelling when you are in it so I will let you figure out why that would be a mistake. I am assuming the other poster meant the same thing, not that he is some tough guy who can fight off anyone on earth.

you are the one making dumb statements and defending a guy who thinks its ok that his actions could startle someone into killing themselves.

its like if someone is standing near a train track and i yell "boo" and they move into the path of the train. either action is pretty horrible.

i dont care if either of you mean you can fight or shoot a gun. for someone to say they can handle anyone is laughable. you have no idea what the other guy has or how many guys there are in the first place.

i love tough guys that think a conceal carry permit makes them invulnerable. it doesnt. :)

and finally there are plenty of places that it is still legal to be on your phone while you are in a car.

Or one's who think they are the only one carrying and that they would have time to get theirs out. Or that think they are gonna use it from their car. Or that think it gives them carte blanche to act like a douche and honk horns for fun or applaud those who do.

Why can't you use a firearm from a car? Is there some security feature in them that shuts them down inside a vehicle? lol Got us another expert here.

I didn't say you "couldn't" use it from the car. Just found it laughable that you think you will do it from there. Because that's your "home". It's just funny. The image of it. Laughable.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

So what you're saying is that when you're at a light and you're not paying attention (not saying you're on the phone just staring off into la la land or singing to the radio) and the light turns green and you hesitate which prompts the person behind you to honk the horn you immediately slam your foot down on the accelerator and shoot off through the light? OR do you glance into the rear view mirror then up at the light to see if they are possibly honking because you weren't moving fast enough?

You're kind of an idiot if your first reaction is to slam on the accelerator.

i agree. an aware person shouldnt dart into traffic. but not everyone is aware. and people are sued for everything these days. and just defending a law suit can be expensive.

But why would a beeping horn cause someone to dart into traffic?

Again, unaware or not I wouldn't be so startled that I would slam on the accelerator and just drive into traffic. Jump? Sure. Fly out into traffic? Uh, no.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

its amazing talking to these two right?

my concern would be....funny boy honks....someone lifts...coasts just a few feet and htis a pedestrian. sucks to be them but at least funny boy can get a laugh while he strokes his gun in his truck.
  • moosegt35
    Options

Where is it legal to text and drive? I don't live in gang land so I am not concerned about that.

several states http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/cellphone_laws.html

Yea, 9. And look what states they are, LOL.

Currently, 41 states, D.C., Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands ban text messaging for all drivers
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

So I guess it's time we hug it out. You choose ...fist bump, or high five?
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Again, unaware or not I wouldn't be so startled that I would slam on the accelerator and just drive into traffic. Jump? Sure. Fly out into traffic? Uh, no.

my concern would be....funny boy honks....someone lifts...coasts just a few feet and htis a pedestrian. sucks to be them but at least funny boy can get a laugh while he strokes his gun in his truck.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

its amazing talking to these two right?

inorite. and then prolly calls someone on his cellphone to say "and they can't even sue me cause it was just a honk". *smh*
  • moosegt35
    Options
    This is a pretty dumb statement. You obviously text while driving as much as you are defending it. If him honking a horn causes someone to blow through an intersection because they were on their phone, guess what, it's still their fault for being on the phone to begin with, which is illegal, unlike honking a horn. And of someone wants to get out of their car and "come at me" that would be fine. I have a CCDW and your car is considered a place of dwelling when you are in it so I will let you figure out why that would be a mistake. I am assuming the other poster meant the same thing, not that he is some tough guy who can fight off anyone on earth.

you are the one making dumb statements and defending a guy who thinks its ok that his actions could startle someone into killing themselves.

its like if someone is standing near a train track and i yell "boo" and they move into the path of the train. either action is pretty horrible.

i dont care if either of you mean you can fight or shoot a gun. for someone to say they can handle anyone is laughable. you have no idea what the other guy has or how many guys there are in the first place.

i love tough guys that think a conceal carry permit makes them invulnerable. it doesnt. :)

and finally there are plenty of places that it is still legal to be on your phone while you are in a car.

Or one's who think they are the only one carrying and that they would have time to get theirs out. Or that think they are gonna use it from their car. Or that think it gives them carte blanche to act like a douche and honk horns for fun or applaud those who do.

I didn't say you "couldn't" use it from the car. Just found it laughable that you think you will do it from there. Because that's your "home". It's just funny. The image of it. Laughable.

You obvioulsy don't know the laws. What's funny about the image? I don't really care where I am being attacked if I have to defend myself what it is going to look like. I would use it from the pooper if I needed to.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Yea, 9. And look what states they are, LOL.

Currently, 41 states, D.C., Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands ban text messaging for all drivers

yay you learned something today! cell phone laws are not universal.

Pro tip: gun laws are not universal either so dont go taking your guns to New York City if you go there on vacation. <3
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

he was talking about it causing and accident genius. How is it going to cause an accident if no one darts out into traffic, like they shouldn't do just from hearing a horn? Wow, you are an everything expert aren't you? So again, how am I going to get charged for something when there was no accident and all I did was beep my horn? Is your IQ higher than the temperature outside?

thank you for conceding my intellectual superiority. now go play with your gun. and take this horn honking monkey with you.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    You obvioulsy don't know the laws. What's funny about the image? I don't really care where I am being attacked if I have to defend myself what it is going to look like. I would use it from the pooper if I needed to.

you really are having a hard time following arent you?
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I hated checking people out when they were on the phone. It is very rude! I use to talk to them if they were on the phone so they couldn't hear the person. Asking them questions as if they weren't on the phone, most of the time the person would get off the phone after that.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

I work in auto insurance and I can tell you for a fact that it happens. Minis the gun part. I wouldn't know about that detail. And I am in California, so we frown on that anyways
This discussion has been closed.