Customer On Mobile Refused Service

Options
15678911»

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    As a cashier, the amount of annoyance at people on the phone depends on their reaction to my questions.

It is part of my job to get at least 80% phone capture, and 50% email capture. If I skip through those steps without asking the customer for them and a manager sees, that's my *kitten*. So if you're on the phone, I'm still gonna ask all the questions I need to ask. Some people will answer me politely. Other times I get a hand wave of dismissal like "go away".

I asked one woman on her phone if she wanted her receipt in the bag. She gave me the go away hand wave so I went to put the receipt in the bag and she snapped her fingers at me and pointed at the receipt and gave me a hand movement like "give that here". I am not a dog. I don't respond to snaps and hand movements, *****. -.-

That's why I always pretend to be on the phone when I'm checking out: so you can't ask me for my phone number or email, or try to force another credit card on me... :wink:

Here's a novel idea: How about a polite, "no?" Cashiers are required to ask those questions, please treat them like human beings.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

But why would a beeping horn cause someone to dart into traffic?

Again, unaware or not I wouldn't be so startled that I would slam on the accelerator and just drive into traffic. Jump? Sure. Fly out into traffic? Uh, no.

my concern would be....funny boy honks....someone lifts...coasts just a few feet and htis a pedestrian. sucks to be them but at least funny boy can get a laugh while he strokes his gun in his truck.

I work in auto insurance and I can tell you for a fact that it happens. Minis the gun part. I wouldn't know about that detail. And ibam in California, so we frown on that anyways

I WIN!!!! :D
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Again, unaware or not I wouldn't be so startled that I would slam on the accelerator and just drive into traffic. Jump? Sure. Fly out into traffic? Uh, no.

my concern would be....funny boy honks....someone lifts...coasts just a few feet and htis a pedestrian. sucks to be them but at least funny boy can get a laugh while he strokes his gun in his truck.

so, basically you want to pass the blame onto someone else because the person driving wasn't payng attention and hit someone because of a hron blow. What if someone sets off fireworks near by and thunder or something? wow, you have to be a liberal.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    Yea, 9. And look what states they are, LOL.

Currently, 41 states, D.C., Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands ban text messaging for all drivers

yay you learned something today! cell phone laws are not universal.

Pro tip: gun laws are not universal either so dont go taking your guns to New York City if you go there on vacation. <3

Why on earth would I go to New York city?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You obvioulsy don't know the laws. What's funny about the image? I don't really care where I am being attacked if I have to defend myself what it is going to look like. I would use it from the pooper if I needed to.

you really are having a hard time following arent you?

yes it's that darn reading comprehension. he should just stick to what he knows. horn honking and shooting from cars/"home" where it's legal. LOL. I think I'm done, I . Just. Can't. Anymore. It's getting to hilarious proportions in here. I mean seriously from cell phones at the register to guns from car/"homes"? Lol.
  • moosegt35
    Options

he was talking about it causing and accident genius. How is it going to cause an accident if no one darts out into traffic, like they shouldn't do just from hearing a horn? Wow, you are an everything expert aren't you? So again, how am I going to get charged for something when there was no accident and all I did was beep my horn? Is your IQ higher than the temperature outside?

thank you for conceding my intellectual superiority. now go play with your gun. and take this horn honking monkey with you.

text me that while you are driving to remind me
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I work in auto insurance and I can tell you for a fact that it happens. Minis the gun part. I wouldn't know about that detail. And ibam in California, so we frown on that anyways

I WIN!!!! :D

Yay, hi fives all around!
  • moosegt35
    Options
    You obvioulsy don't know the laws. What's funny about the image? I don't really care where I am being attacked if I have to defend myself what it is going to look like. I would use it from the pooper if I needed to.

you really are having a hard time following arent you?

yes it's that darn reading comprehension. he should just stick to what he knows. horn honking and shooting from cars/"home" where it's legal. LOL. I think I'm done, I . Just. Can't. Anymore. It's getting to hilarious proportions in here. I mean seriously from cell phones at the register to guns from car/"homes"? Lol.

Yea, you idiots sure drug this one off topic.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Why on earth would I go to New York city?

i was going to joke you probably wouldnt like going to a big liberal city like New York but i thought id give you the benefit of the doubt. i should have gone with my instincts.

i cant imagine now wanting to explore this country...from the small towns to the big cities...so much to experience. food, art, entertainment.. and NYC has some of the best of it.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Yay, hi fives all around!

16406186-group-of-athletic-healthy-adults-in-gym-giving-group-high-five.jpg

2005-12-09,chelsea%20041.jpg
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a bank that the policy was NO phones at the counter. At all. It was for security purposes.

Now that I work at a job that doesn't have such a policy, I find it so rude when people stay on their phones. Well, it really depends I think. If you come up on your phone and you still greet me and acknowledge me standing there, I don't get as upset. But if you don't even look up, that annoys me beyond.

And I see this topic has already derailed, but that is my 2cents anyway.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't intend for my snarky little comment to turn into a ****-flinging contest. At least I was on the winning side?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    train-wreck-o_zps4b58d36a.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't intend for my snarky little comment to turn into a ****-flinging contest. At least I was on the winning side?

70666_zps1b7a0d03.gif
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic. The original poster has received a significant amount of feedback and the conversation can continue in a group or private message.

From our community guidelines:
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Thank you for your understanding and help in keeping MFP a supportive, friendly community.

Respectfully,
    Olivia
    MFP Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.