How old were you when you first shot a gun...

Options

Replies

• Staceym2112
    Staceym2112 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    B.B. gun at 6yrs and muzzle loader at 9 yrs. Shotgun at 13. Handgun at 26.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I was probably around 9-10 when my dad gave me the .22 that he had been given as a kid. I still have it. I remember asking for shells for every birthday and Christmas. I have 2 girls now and they are night and day different. The older one loves to shoot and deer hunt with me. the younger one likes to shoot at the range occasionally, but I really can't see her ever hunting with me.
  • lildynarider
    lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I believe I was around 8 or so. Dad took us out to teach us with something that had more mmph than a bb gun. I grew up around guns all my life though.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I was really young, started with BB guns & long bows then moved my way up. Now I hunt with a black powder gun & shotgun. Mostly I deer hunt the archery season with my x-bow in Michigan & Ontario because Venison is my #1 source of organic protein & because I can.

Love the shooting sports... :)
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Never thank god.
  • S1na3dy
    S1na3dy Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I was 7 as my grandad and dad r both game keepers so I've been brought up around that stuff ... Love bein a country girl it's so fun!!! :)
  • nojuicejustjin
    nojuicejustjin Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Why do people automatically make guns seem like the only thing they're for is killing people? I hunt with a rifle and shotgun. Guns aren't bad. People using them for the wrong reasons are.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    Who made out that ?
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Never shot a gun. Except on video games. Hah...ha ha... Wait do toy guns count?
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,129 Member
    Options
    6 My first rifle was a Springfield 30-06. Took me a while to learn about recoil...
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    fetus-with-gun.jpg
  • _MissBrie
    _MissBrie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was 24, my first date with my now husband :)
    Shot his glock, and the damn thing kept jamming on me, apparantly I have weak wrists lol So he had me shoot some kind of revolver instead...I cant remember what it was for the life of me. It was so fun though!!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    26? I shot a .22, 12 gauge and 8 gauge and some kind of pistol. My BIL is a gun nut, so he had lots to choose from.

I remember my shoulder looking like it had been hit with baseball bat the next day.

I'm fine with guns for target shooting or hunting. I think it is a bit counterproductive for protection. Also there are a lot of idiots running around with guns. I can't say I feel safer for that.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    _MissBrie wrote: »
    Shot his glock, and the damn thing kept jamming on me, apparantly I have weak wrists lol So he had me shoot some kind of revolver instead...I cant remember what it was for the life of me. It was so fun though!!

his "glock".
    :laugh:

I know, I know. I'm 12.
  • _MissBrie
    _MissBrie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    _MissBrie wrote: »

his "glock".
    :laugh:

I know, I know. I'm 12.

Lol he says the same thing.. Asks me every night if I want to "shoot his glock" again :|
    To which I always reply....uhhhhh duh
  • Rinai
    Rinai Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was like 5. It was a great water gun.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    8 or so. .410-.22 O/U. Man, that moment has cost me lots of money since..
  • Countryboy_83
    Countryboy_83 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Around 6-7 I think and it was a 410 double barrel for rabbit hunting
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I was about 13 and beretta had some pistols out for test shots at a range I was working at. Then it continued into the military and now range shooting for fun. My son will be 7 this year and just got his .22
  • erinBpharmD247
    erinBpharmD247 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was a late bloomer :p 23 with a .22