14 day Baetea detox, anyone tried?

Options
13»

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone today I started the baetea detox for weight loss I was wondering if any of you have tried it or a similar detox tea in conjunction with MFP???

I'm 5"5 just under 350 I've lost around 14 lbs in the last 4 weeks . MFP cals are 1900 and I do my best to stay closer to 1200 I also try so hard to eat clean 5 to 6 meals daily and walk a mile 3x a week. However the last 2 weeks although I logged calories I ate pretty bad food that I am sure is blocking me, which is why I decided to detox. Anyone tried anything like this?

Did I mention its my birthday Monday and everyone wants to ho to dinner plus I have a cruise in 3 weeks???

The birthday and the cruise don't make any difference - you've gotten great advice here. You should either take the advice or quit rationalizing all the reasons you "need" the laxative tea in order to fish for things you'd like to hear.

No one with any sense is going to tell you to drink the poop tea.

Oh wow I'm sorry not rationalizing. I was not seeking permission just seeking people who could relate and may have advice for while drinking. If you read my other comments you will see I am well aware of what it takes to live a healthy lifestyle. This will not be apart of my regular diet in fact I don't diet at all read more of my comments. But thanks for the reply

So you want to do an unhealthy thing and you want people who have also done an unhealthy thing to comment?

• Blessed2beT
    Blessed2beT Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Poop tea -hope you stocked up on toilet paper. Pooping does not equal weightloss however.

Not seeking weightloss from it I am seeking something to rid of the salt and stuff I'm not used to taking in plus my water retention. It says should help with cravings and energy. I don't do diet pulls or coffee I figured this is a good assist back on my journey. My weight loss will come from me eating healthy foods and working out. Both things I don't want to do when I'm feeling luggish and stuck after the last 2 weeks.

If you want to mitigate sodium, eat foods high in magnesium and potassium.

Wow that's very good advice I didn't know that. Honestly most on here are bashing me and you came with useful advice :smile:
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Poop tea -hope you stocked up on toilet paper. Pooping does not equal weightloss however.

Not seeking weightloss from it I am seeking something to rid of the salt and stuff I'm not used to taking in plus my water retention. It says should help with cravings and energy. I don't do diet pulls or coffee I figured this is a good assist back on my journey. My weight loss will come from me eating healthy foods and working out. Both things I don't want to do when I'm feeling luggish and stuck after the last 2 weeks.

Wow that's very good advice I didn't know that. Honestly most on here are bashing me and you came with useful advice :smile:

No one is bashing. Just giving you science and help
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

I havent seen anyone bashing you. they are telling you the truth and giving you sound advice. a lot of the members have tried things like this in the past, which is why they are telling you not to take the product. not everyone has tried things like this but a majority of them have,not to mention many of them do sound research on products and know the risks and want others to avoid them as well.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The FAQ section on this products webpage made me chuckle a few times. Apparently in order for it to work, you also need to eat well and exercise. Shocking.

Also they recommend using backup contraception while you drink the tea. Shady.

As if poop tea isn't enough contraception on its own...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

I havent seen anyone bashing you. they are telling you the truth and giving you sound advice. a lot of the members have tried things like this in the past, which is why they are telling you not to take the product. not everyone has tried things like this but a majority of them have,not to mention many of them do sound research on products and know the risks and want others to avoid them as well.

This^^

Why does everyone seem to think that telling someone that something is a (very) bad idea is bashing?

Admittedly, it's frustrating when all the advice seems to fall on deaf ears, and perhaps that frustration was reflected in my post, but OP you should listen to what the others are trying to tell you.

It's not our job to give permission, but I feel like it is important to advise against laxative abuse (and yes, using a laxative as a "detox" is still laxative abuse, just with a more socially acceptable name), even if just for the lurkers.

OP you're an adult and will do what you're going to do, but it's important that others reading this thread understand what a silly idea it is.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options

This^^

Why does everyone seem to think that telling someone that something is a (very) bad idea is bashing?

Admittedly, it's frustrating when all the advice seems to fall on deaf ears, and perhaps that frustration was reflected in my post, but OP you should listen to what the others are trying to tell you.

It's not our job to give permission, but I feel like it is important to advise against laxative abuse (and yes, using a laxative as a "detox" is still laxative abuse, just with a more socially acceptable name), even if just for the lurkers.

OP you're an adult and will do what you're going to do, but it's important that others reading this thread understand what a silly idea it is.

No not everyone but a few who did not have the chance to read my other comments which go into more detail about what I eat how much water I drink etc... Someone said I'm looking for approval and so on. And that's not it I was not asking if it was good I was asking for them to share their experiences.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    kr1stadee wrote: »
    Maybe "things" haven't moved much lately because you aren't eating much.

Over the last two weeks I ate a lot like as if I was not trying to ficus though I logged I still ate so much gross food back to back. Not constipated you know how if you have a,green smoothie or some fiber you ho #2 and have an easy release that's like wow I see the,light lol well when I eat poorly no mater the caloric intake I poop but its like not the same. Another member mention some potassium and magnesium I didn't know that could,help with like my salt stuff
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    Hello everyone today I started the baetea detox for weight loss I was wondering if any of you have tried it or a similar detox tea in conjunction with MFP???

I'm 5"5 just under 350 I've lost around 14 lbs in the last 4 weeks . MFP cals are 1900 and I do my best to stay closer to 1200 I also try so hard to eat clean 5 to 6 meals daily and walk a mile 3x a week. However the last 2 weeks although I logged calories I ate pretty bad food that I am sure is blocking me, which is why I decided to detox. Anyone tried anything like this?

Did I mention its my birthday Monday and everyone wants to ho to dinner plus I have a cruise in 3 weeks???

The birthday and the cruise don't make any difference - you've gotten great advice here. You should either take the advice or quit rationalizing all the reasons you "need" the laxative tea in order to fish for things you'd like to hear.

Oh and I mentioned those things because aside from the tea I'm just saying I'm so focused and really doing my best right now and its nice to have goals.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    Wetcoaster wrote: »

Oh wow I'm sorry not rationalizing. I was not seeking permission just seeking people who could relate and may have advice for while drinking. If you read my other comments you will see I am well aware of what it takes to live a healthy lifestyle. This will not be apart of my regular diet in fact I don't diet at all read more of my comments. But thanks for the reply

So you want to do an unhealthy thing and you want people who have also done an unhealthy thing to comment?

I don't view it as unhealthy this journey is all interpretive. Some people drink apple cider vinegar before meals basically to detox I don't do that because I just don't some researchers say that's not ok some researchers say counting calories instead of a full lifestyle change is unhealthy because people will start being to focus and not paying attention to nutrition. I don't tell anyone if something is unhealthy because hell even lettuce these days is a problem unless you get it from specific farms lol. I'm not looking for approval just wanted to commune with people who's on my sane path and journey. I don't mind people saying oh I wouldn't do that bit I do mind them saying that I'm persanallt making unhealthy decisions or that I'm making excuses ect... Advice is different from judgment.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Senna tea is a laxative. It's not judgemental to state the fact that one simply cannot poop oneself into losing weight. It doesn't help one detox or jumpstart or balance anything.

Too many people here have been through the gimmicks and quick fixes and fads, and would love to help others avoid those mistakes. But some people will continue to hope they'll be the exception.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options

I don't view it as unhealthy this journey is all interpretive. Some people drink apple cider vinegar before meals basically to detox I don't do that because I just don't some researchers say that's not ok some researchers say counting calories instead of a full lifestyle change is unhealthy because people will start being to focus and not paying attention to nutrition. I don't tell anyone if something is unhealthy because hell even lettuce these days is a problem unless you get it from specific farms lol. I'm not looking for approval just wanted to commune with people who's on my sane path and journey. I don't mind people saying oh I wouldn't do that bit I do mind them saying that I'm persanallt making unhealthy decisions or that I'm making excuses ect... Advice is different from judgment.

People do all kinds of crazy things as they hear it might benefit them. Apple cider vinegar is one of those things. The issue with these types of programs is that being a laxative based tea, it can cause problems such as electrolyte imbalances since it will cause bathroom issue.

Personally, i would focus on many other things prior to trying a detox. If you need help regulating yourself, i would suggest probiotics or a yogurt like Activia. If your goal is to eat better in general, i would focus on whole foods; fish, unsaturated meats, legumes, whole grains (higher fiber is better, IMO), dairy, fruits, vegetables, and occasionally bring in a treat.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    In my experience, anything containing senna caused horrible cramps.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Think of weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. Because losing weight is going to take awhile, settle in and do the things you can live with long term.

Eating less than 1900 calories is not necessary. Eating "clean" whatever your definition is not necessary. 5-6 meals a day is not necessary. If you like these things, then carry on. Detox teas give you very short term results (diuretics & laxatives) - but no fat loss.

"Bad" food is not blocking you. I make room for a treat every single day. I don't want a too strict diet to lead to falling off the wagon completely. I allow myself some breathing room. We don't need to be perfect to lose weight, we just need to improve.

Walking is great exercise - keep up the good work!

^This.
    Truthful, straightforward, honest, encouraging :heart:
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Some things really are unhealthy. Misusing laxatives, for example, is unhealthy. Additionally, if your problem is with sodium, laxatives aren't going to help.

ACV does nothing - I repeat, nothing - to "detox" when ingested before meals (or after meals).

Most of us either are or were on your same journey.

Using laxatives for weight loss is not healthy, or even a workable solution to a problem caused by sodium. That's not judgment. That's science.

Signed, someone who lost 100+ lbs, who knows how hard it is, who can sympathize without judging.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Think of weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. Because losing weight is going to take awhile, settle in and do the things you can live with long term.

Eating less than 1900 calories is not necessary. Eating "clean" whatever your definition is not necessary. 5-6 meals a day is not necessary. If you like these things, then carry on. Detox teas give you very short term results (diuretics & laxatives) - but no fat loss.

"Bad" food is not blocking you. I make room for a treat every single day. I don't want a too strict diet to lead to falling off the wagon completely. I allow myself some breathing room. We don't need to be perfect to lose weight, we just need to improve.

Walking is great exercise - keep up the good work!

^This.
    Truthful, straightforward, honest, encouraging :heart:

Thanks a lot.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options

Some things really are unhealthy. Misusing laxatives, for example, is unhealthy. Additionally, if your problem is with sodium, laxatives aren't going to help.

ACV does nothing - I repeat, nothing - to "detox" when ingested before meals (or after meals).

Most of us either are or were on your same journey.

Using laxatives for weight loss is not healthy, or even a workable solution to a problem caused by sodium. That's not judgment. That's science.

Signed, someone who lost 100+ lbs, who knows how hard it is, who can sympathize without judging.

Thanks for this advice, I'm still losing and I've too lost almost 100 pounds yes I was even bigger than this lol that's why I know its a lifestyle change and I was not looking for a quick fix with numbers but in searching for ways to get rid of excess trash . most people get colonics aren't these teas cheaper ways of the same thing? Even though I don't think it works that way because I only feel a better burn when working our and slightly more energy but it doesn't make you go poo at least not me anyways. I would love to follow your journey maybe motivate one another.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've tried those teas, they didn't make one bit of difference in the toileting department, even when i doubled the dose. They didn't help with weight loss either.