10,000 steps a day all week! ready.....GO! who's with me?

Options

Replies

• cayman07
    cayman07 Posts: 77 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ldw123086 wrote: »
    Ready for this week!!! Want to lose 20 pounds by end of June.. Baby steps people baby steps... I want to get 10,000 steps or more all week! Who's with me?

How do you track your steps?

I am using Fitbit surge and I have Fitbit one when don't to wear a watch

• thekiakid
    thekiakid Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • tamsmart26
    tamsmart26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Friday 18th 10939 steps
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    oam58zbqnx89.png
  • FitPhillygirl
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ready for this week!!! Want to lose 20 pounds by end of June.. Baby steps people baby steps... I want to get 10,000 steps or more all week! Who's with me?

How do you track your steps?

I track my steps with the Apple Watch, but there are many other methods out there. If you have a smartphone and you don't want to spend the money on a fitness tracker, just enable step tracking and use that to keep a total of your steps. Only downside to this method is that you have to keep your phone on you all the time. That's why I upgraded to the Apple Watch. Now I can leave my iPhone 6S at home and the Watch will still track my steps and distance.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    h8t7bdfuppoj.png

The evening is still young. We are lambing over here so there will be a few more barn trips before bed for the night.
  • richmond2410
    richmond2410 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    14666 for today. yippee
  • barefootot
    barefootot Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I fell short yesterday by a few thousand steps, but today had 12,083. Thanks for starting this challenge!
  • jah1360
    jah1360 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Friday March 18th 20,544 Steps
  • cayman07
    Options
    Saturday 17200 steps :)
  • jah1360
    jah1360 Posts: 98 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Saturday March 19th 17,023 Steps
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    This is it for today. :)

4lwhnzrf2gy2.png
  • Jdkbs
    Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been walking 10000 steps almost everyday for a month now. Bodyfat is down and weight is up. Clothes feel tighter or the same.

I'm going to try to bump up steps to 15 or 20k. I am so tired of dieting, just end up gaining fat, bingeing and feeling more depressed.

Any advice out there, is it possible to go down in size this way?
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Phew! Everyone's doing so awesome! 10,940 steps today. Wish it knew how to calculated all that crawling around on my hands and knees I did today weeding the back yard!

Jdkbs- The ONLY way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories than you burn. Walking is great to get started in fitness and in calorie burning, but to raise your calorie-burn, you might need to push it harder. Try walking as fast as you can, as hard as you can, for 10-15 minutes in the middle of your steps. But even that doesn't help you lose weight if you eat back all of the calories that you burn off walking.
    The biggest benefit to walking is physical health, more than fat-loss. It brings down your blood pressure, balances your mood, improves circulation and a gazillion other little things that will improve your overall health.

• richmond2410
    richmond2410 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yippe another 14000+ for sat
  • cayman07
    Options
    still early here but hit 11992 steps already so that's the goal for the week done.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Starts with a week! in a couple of days, I will have walked my 10 000 steps a day for 2 years - without missing one day. Go, go, go!
  • justrying2015
    justrying2015 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to get in on this?
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    Options

I'm willing to give it a try.
  • cayman07
    Options
    Pretty good steps this week thread helped ensure I kept on it, won't be doing next week with quite the same step focus, as got some cardio planned and less steps keep it mixed up and all that :) good luck to those having another go next week.

igm2djkl7uol.jpeg