Options
124»

Replies

• Thatonechickoverthere
    Thatonechickoverthere Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    yogicarl wrote: »
    I like to have political arguments on Facebook ...

How can I not let this stuff bother me? It really does hurt.

So - every time you deliberately stand on a tack, it hurts - am I right?
    - do you see where I'm going with this?

I didn't deliberate ask this girl to bully me. I was trying to have an adult conversation and she acted like a child. There was even a man from Spain in the conservation and she told him he'll get deported. Lol makes no sense since he isn't even American, but I guess I shouldn't expect much from a narrow minded Trump supporter.

So ... it's OK for you to insult people, but not OK for people to insult you. I see.

When did I insult someone?
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow. *kitten* move on their part.
  • aliciahayes37
    aliciahayes37 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's when you say "thanks, c u next Tuesday" and keep on pluggin away to your goal! 50lbs lost in and of itself is an amazing accomplishment! You should be proud of yourself! And just unfriend the *kitten*. There is nothing worse than a bully who's own insecurities make them lash out.

Move on, let it go and keep up the good work!! You're clearly making progress!
  • cside691
    cside691 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just think to yourself:
    - does this persons opinion matter
    - Are they important to me
    - Do I need them in my life

NO - don't grace them with a reply, they get off on upsetting me and getting a reaction, don't give it to them. You are worth more than this
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    You should let it go. Really you should, because ultimately it's a waste of energy.

That said it never hurts to have a stock of insults handy for when you need one unexpectedly so...

"Your doctor called with your colonoscopy results. Good news – they found your head."
    "Save your breath – you’ll need it to blow up your date."
    "Hey, your village called – they want their idiot back."
    "I love what you’ve done with your hair. How do you get it to come out of the nostrils like that?"

My personal favourites would get me banned from here but you can use your imagination. Yeah, it's petty and damn it can be fun...

I love these responses
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »
    You ARE fat, though? Right? She was stating a fact when she said you look fat.

So it's ok then To go around calling people fat because it's a fact?
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't argue on the internet, so idk about that, but I did have a sales lady in a store imply that I should look at different pants because the ones I had in my hand wouldn't fit someone my size. She came up and asked if I needed help, I said no, I'm fine, thanks, and I expected her to leave. She stood there looking at me for a second and then asked, 'Are those for you? You know those are sized two sizes smaller than they say....just so you know.' Now, I'm not very observant, so it took a second for me to realize what she was implying...I was pretty floored. I haven't had comments made to my face about my weight, by an adult stranger, EVER. I've lost enough weight that my old jeans didn't fit at all, so I was mostly going by what looked like it would fit, not numbered sizes anyway, because I had no idea what size I was in.

Anyway, I just turned to my husband and said, in my naturally loud voice, 'I think she just called me fat. What a nosy b*tch!' It really upset me in the moment....but I'll have you know, I bought those jeans, and they fit like a glove. That made me feel a lot better, ha!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    yogicarl wrote: »
    I like to have political arguments on Facebook ...

How can I not let this stuff bother me? It really does hurt.

So - every time you deliberately stand on a tack, it hurts - am I right?
    - do you see where I'm going with this?

I didn't deliberate ask this girl to bully me. I was trying to have an adult conversation and she acted like a child. There was even a man from Spain in the conservation and she told him he'll get deported. Lol makes no sense since he isn't even American, but I guess I shouldn't expect much from a narrow minded Trump supporter.

So ... it's OK for you to insult people, but not OK for people to insult you. I see.

When did I insult someone?

Calling people "narrow minded" is not an insult in your world?
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    knelson095 wrote: »
    I don't argue on the internet, so idk about that, but I did have a sales lady in a store imply that I should look at different pants because the ones I had in my hand wouldn't fit someone my size. She came up and asked if I needed help, I said no, I'm fine, thanks, and I expected her to leave. She stood there looking at me for a second and then asked, 'Are those for you? You know those are sized two sizes smaller than they say....just so you know.' Now, I'm not very observant, so it took a second for me to realize what she was implying...I was pretty floored. I haven't had comments made to my face about my weight, by an adult stranger, EVER. I've lost enough weight that my old jeans didn't fit at all, so I was mostly going by what looked like it would fit, not numbered sizes anyway, because I had no idea what size I was in.

Anyway, I just turned to my husband and said, in my naturally loud voice, 'I think she just called me fat. What a nosy b*tch!' It really upset me in the moment....but I'll have you know, I bought those jeans, and they fit like a glove. That made me feel a lot better, ha!

oh wow, i wouldnt have bought anything from that shop. strange type of sales technique she has
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just ignore it. They lost the argument when they felt the need to resort to personal attacks. Responding with further personal attacks just brings you down to the same level as her and comes across as childish.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Tell her she has ugly kids.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    knelson095 wrote: »

oh wow, i wouldnt have bought anything from that shop. strange type of sales technique she has

Ehhh, they were really cheap and I really needed some because nothing I had fit me.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    The only person who has ever called me fat, was a child. I agreed with her and told her it was because I eat too much. Truth is truth. No point in trying to ignore it.

This person on Social media is just out and out being mean and hurtful. You don't need people like that in your life. This is not how a friend behaves. Delete and block her and get on with your life.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    cathed42 wrote: »
    This is why I don't do social media

Saaaaame here. I just can't take it, and don't have to.

Recently the children I nanny for have noticed I'm different and bigger and it's only a matter of time until they learn the words fat, chubby, whatever. It will hurt my feelings. But even now when all they really do is say I have a big tummy, I put my personal feelings away and make it a teachable moment. I'm going to keep working on it. We talk about how bodies are all different and I love my body. I sure don't, not really, but I do my best every day not to focus on the things I have but rather the things I love. Like my hair. I loooooooooove my hair. So that's how I deal.