Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    senecarr wrote: »
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    missyfitz1 wrote: »
    "FDA spokesman Douglas Karas wrote in a statement that the FDA is currently reviewing the CSPI petition, but 'it is important to understand that a consumer would have to consume well over a thousand cans of soda a day to reach the doses administered in the studies that have shown links to cancer in rodents.'"

So if I'm currently drinking a thousand cans of soda every day, should I reduce my intake?

I'd think you'd be okay as long as you keep it in the 900s. ;)

Shoot, my consumption is over 9,000.

I even put aspartame in my coffee.

4gvvbxcmdzhv.jpg

Me too! I buy the store-brand of Equal which means it says ASPARTAME in giant letters on the box. My coworker started to give me sh- for it. Was she worried about all the "chemicals"? But the nightly bottle of wine is just fine...

Fearmongering is bred from ignorance.
  • nic041mccoy
    nic041mccoy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well! Thanks for all the answers... Needless to say, I went and got me a fountain diet coke!! :p
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Well! Thanks for all the answers... Needless to say, I went and got me a fountain diet coke!! :p

Then you reached the conclusion you should have from the responses. :) Everything in moderation, I say.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Yay! I hope it was refreshing :smile:
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

High five!