Can you guarantee me

Options
For 3 years I have been dieting and exercising. Never lose weight. I bought a new scale and it turns out my last one was broken so I didnt lose the 6lbs I thought I lost. Can you all guarantee me that if I ate alot less id lose weight? There is a chance im eating too much but also there is a chance im not eating enough right? Idk what to do anymore. Im 6'0 229lbs btw. Sorry for bad grammar. Im on phone and doing this at work lol

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Yes. I offer you a money-back guarantee that if you eat at a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!!!
  • schneiderman83
    schneiderman83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    But is there a chance I been eating alot less then I thought I was and ruined my metabolism?
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    But is there a chance I been eating alot less then I thought I was and ruined my metabolism?

no
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Doubtful. If you were eating less, you would weigh less.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options

No. That's a myth.
  • schneiderman83
    Options
    Well I ear my 1830 calories a day so how far down should I drop it?
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Not likely that you were eating less than you thought.

Your metabolism has less to do with it than you might think, but adding exercise and strength training would help you burn more calories.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    The scale you really need is a food scale. Guessing what you're eating doesn't cut it. If you didn't lose any weight in 3 years despite exercising you weren't in a calorie deficit. Simples.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Well I ear my 1830 calories a day so how far down should I drop it?

Do you weigh all your food?
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    So I assume you have not been tracking your calories or food. I doubt you were under eating. While I'm sure it's possible, it's more likely you were over. However even if your metabolism isn't spot on yes a calorie deficit will eventually bring you down. I tried to look at your diary but it's blocked.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    How are you calculating what you are eating? Just by labels or weighing and measuring everything?
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options

No. You're likely to have eaten MORE than you thought, and / or burned less than you thought by exercising.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options

If you were eating way to little for a long period your metabolism may slow down a bit to compensate but your weight loss wouldn't stop. Starvation mode isn't real at least in the way most people see it.

Enter your stats in MFP and eat those calories. Be very accurate too (use a food scale). If you're not losing weight then you're not in a deficit.
  • schneiderman83
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well I do track my calories. I usually eat subs and Burgers without buns. I do drink an occasional diet soda. Im going to cut it all out and eat less. Thanks for the help everyone. I really thought I starved myself or something.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    More than likely, you're not accurate with how you count. That's usually why people don't lose weight. If you are, then I'd consider if you're eating too little and/or you have a health/hormone issue.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Odilerubia
    Odilerubia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The only advice I can give you is: do some homework! With other words, dedicate your time to read a few articles or check Pinterest on healthtips, calories, good food etc. Get the right mindset, make a profile with goals and dedicate yourself to finding a supportgroup here while entering in your diary every single thing you are eating in order to get a good impression about what you put on a daily base in your mouth. Then instead of being typing on your phone in the middle of doing some work, you will dedicate yourself to becoming a healthier person who feels better in his body. Sadly enough, it will take you time, effort and focus. You will have plenty of advise on this platform so start taking MFP serious and make it your favourite hobby! Good luck to you.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Well I do track my calories. I usually eat subs and Burgers without buns. I do drink an occasional diet soda. Im going to cut it all out and eat less. Thanks for the help everyone. I really thought I starved myself or something.

So how many calories are you eating? Do you track protein, carbs, fats?
  • schneiderman83
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No I dont track any of that stuff. I was under the impression that calories only matter.
  • schneiderman83
    Options
    Btw in the summer I was walking an hour a day and eating my 1800 calories and still didnt lose. Wouldnt that of made a difference? Thats why I think my metabolism is messed up.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food?