ginamcy wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    kparadon wrote: »
    I find oatmeal useless for my goals - all carbs and hardly any protein.

Fiber is just as important to me as protein.

I heard oatmeal is good for belly fat

You hear wrong.

Actually its true i mean if you dont like it dont eat it but doesnt change the fact that it really does kill fat even bodybuilders say it
    No, it is not true. I agree with FrancI27. Where did you 'hear' that? Eating at a deficit is the only thing for fat loss, not eating specific foods. There are no specific foods that cause weight loss, and if anyone says there is, they are a part of the 'woo fu'.
    Not true until you can prove, with peer reviewed studies, that oatmeal causes belly fat loss.

Actually i find that if you eat some specific types of food you lose weight i am trying it and seeing amazing results more than ever!!! I use to work out but eat whatever i want and saw very very slow and poor results all i was seeing was sweat and exhaustion from all the work out now i eat more healthy and only work out twice a week well works for me
    How is that possible, since eating less than you burn in the day = weight loss? Working out or not, a calorie deficit = weight loss. The deficit maters. I eat the same as I used to, but smaller weighed out portions (including accurate database entries) and have lost 80lbs. No gimmicks and no 'fat burning foods', just good old fashioned CICO.. I eat desserts, snacks as well as nutritious foods. I'd still like you to point me to studies that show which foods speed up weight loss... I'm genuinely interested to read this information based on science.

I lose the exact amount of weight eating all "healthy" or eating a balanced diet.

So, you're telling me that if I ate all these 'fat burning' foods and went over my calorie intake, I would still lose weight?

You eat the same as before than you use to but in smaller portions?? That is exactly what i am saying i am actually eating more than i use to like before i would eat once a day and eat as well chips choc... exc now i eat breakfast lunch and sometimes dinner i eat snack i eat many times a day small portions not only fatburning food you cant eat that everyday i eat what i feel like eating but in a healthier way meaning i dont eat anything fried

You hear wrong.

Actually its true i mean if you dont like it dont eat it but doesnt change the fact that it really does kill fat even bodybuilders say it
    No, it is not true. I agree with FrancI27. Where did you 'hear' that? Eating at a deficit is the only thing for fat loss, not eating specific foods. There are no specific foods that cause weight loss, and if anyone says there is, they are a part of the 'woo fu'.
    Not true until you can prove, with peer reviewed studies, that oatmeal causes belly fat loss.

Actually i find that if you eat some specific types of food you lose weight i am trying it and seeing amazing results more than ever!!! I use to work out but eat whatever i want and saw very very slow and poor results all i was seeing was sweat and exhaustion from all the work out now i eat more healthy and only work out twice a week well works for me
    How is that possible, since eating less than you burn in the day = weight loss? Working out or not, a calorie deficit = weight loss. The deficit maters. I eat the same as I used to, but smaller weighed out portions (including accurate database entries) and have lost 80lbs. No gimmicks and no 'fat burning foods', just good old fashioned CICO.. I eat desserts, snacks as well as nutritious foods. I'd still like you to point me to studies that show which foods speed up weight loss... I'm genuinely interested to read this information based on science.

I lose the exact amount of weight eating all "healthy" or eating a balanced diet.

So, you're telling me that if I ate all these 'fat burning' foods and went over my calorie intake, I would still lose weight?

You eat the same as before than you use to but in smaller portions?? That is exactly what i am saying i am actually eating more than i use to like before i would eat once a day and eat as well chips choc... exc now i eat breakfast lunch and sometimes dinner i eat snack i eat many times a day small portions not only fatburning food you cant eat that everyday i eat what i feel like eating but in a healthier way meaning i dont eat anything fried

Repeat after me... there is no such thing as a fatburning food.
    ^ Francl27's right, you know. Stop arguing. You haven't even provided any solid proof (scientific studies would be nice). Word of mouth is not proof, sorry.

And, how do you know that you eat more than you used to? Were you counting calories before? Or are you just going by the volume of food? Guess what? I thought I used to eat less, too.... I was eating calorie dense foods. Yes, I was actually eating less in volume (that doesn't matter for weight loss), but I was eating more calories...well above maintenance, and that's how I gained weight, by eating more calories than I needed to, not from specific foods. Guess what? I even ate those so-called "fat burning foods" when I was 260lbs and didn't lose any weight until I started logging and dropped my caloric intake. Calories in calories out. It has been proven...and there is absolutely no concrete evidence (no evidence at all) that fat burning foods exist. It is woo. Fat burning foods developed with fad diets, disordered eating and supplements. Oh, and Dr. Oz. The only way the body is going to burn fat is through giving it less fuel than it needs to maintain. That's it.

THERE. ARE. NO. FAT. BURNING. FOODS.
    None.
    Well, fire can literally burn fat..... do you eat fire?

Maybe^ Francl27's just wants to believe in her own way to diet so she wont cut back on all the junk she swallows down her throat just so she won't leave her comfty zone thinking she will lose weight thats fine...

She has lost weight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

You hear wrong.

You hear wrong.

^ Francl27's right, you know. Stop arguing. You haven't even provided any solid proof (scientific studies would be nice). Word of mouth is not proof, sorry.

And, how do you know that you eat more than you used to? Were you counting calories before? Or are you just going by the volume of food? Guess what? I thought I used to eat less, too.... I was eating calorie dense foods. Yes, I was actually eating less in volume (that doesn't matter for weight loss), but I was eating more calories...well above maintenance, and that's how I gained weight, by eating more calories than I needed to, not from specific foods. Guess what? I even ate those so-called "fat burning foods" when I was 260lbs and didn't lose any weight until I started logging and dropped my caloric intake. Calories in calories out. It has been proven...and there is absolutely no concrete evidence (no evidence at all) that fat burning foods exist. It is woo. Fat burning foods developed with fad diets, disordered eating and supplements. Oh, and Dr. Oz. The only way the body is going to burn fat is through giving it less fuel than it needs to maintain. That's it.

None.

Maybe^ Francl27's just wants to believe in her own way to diet so she wont cut back on all the junk she swallows down her throat just so she won't leave her comfty zone thinking she will lose weight thats fine...

She has lost weight.

Because she was eating at a deficit. What she ate to do that is irrelevant.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

You hear wrong.

You hear wrong.

None.

That's an awful thing to say.
    I agree that you're arguing with actual science and insulting someone who is at their goal weight (way to go!). CICO isn't "made up" it is science.

Again, we need proof that there are fat-burning foods.
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

This. I'll sometimes have it as a bedtime snack as carb-intense meals make me sleepy.

I don't like the texture of cooked rolled oats until after I've cooked it for a really long time - literally hours on super low. (You'd need a heat diffuser to do this on most gas stoves.) I do like rolled oats marinated in yogurt for a few hours or overnight.

I achieve something a little similiar in taste by fermenting the oats by soaking with a few sultanas for 24hr and using a spoonful from the previous day for the that batch. Tastes a little sour and really good with some fruit on top. Produces acetic acid. A little bit addictive for me.
  • Noeediddntt
    Noeediddntt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hate oatmeal! I drink it lol - my breakfast every morning is half a cup of oats, about 70g of mixed berries, 1 scoop of whey protein and I blend it in the Nutriblender for like 30s-1m. You cant even taste the oatmeal after that. It ends up being 313 calories, 42g carbs, 5g fat, 5g fiber, and 3g1 protein :smile: let me know if you try it out :smile: