What silly things did you do before you started this?

Options
1235»

Replies

• debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I used to eat frosting straight from the container with a spoon while playing video games all day. Mmm, frosting.

Oh, and I used to eat an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey in one sitting too.

Oh, oh, and I could down an entire bag of BBQ potato chips by myself in like 10 minutes.

Now I don't buy those yummy things, because I could/would still do all of the above if I had a bad day. ;)
    I think we might be long lost twins ;)

• Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Before counting calories and believing in fad diets and eating "clean", I made all kinds of concoctions. Oatmeal, peanut butter and cottage cheese in one bowl for example. LOL
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Mindlessly snack.

Now I weigh and portion snacks.

Ditto.

I miss sitting at the computer playing with my guild buddies and having snacks within reach so I only had to leave the missions to go pee. Also, eating the whole plate/package of food at restaurants and home. Eating to satisfaction, I miss thee.

What game? I've been getting really into FFXIV lately :smile:
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I used to eat frosting straight from the container with a spoon while t video games all day. Mmm, frosting.

Oh, and I used to eat an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey in one sitting too.

Oh, oh, and I could down an entire bag of BBQ potato chips by myself in like 10 minutes.

Now I don't buy those yummy things, because I could/would still do all of the above if I had a bad day. ;)

Wow...its like you looked in my window! LOL

Funfetti frosting - just pop it open and use a spoon.
    Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk or Cookie Dough
    Tostitoes and covered with cheese and salsa. Just one bag will do.
    :D
  • Charlot4444
    Charlot4444 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Mentali wrote: »
    Mindlessly snack.

Ditto.

I miss sitting at the computer playing with my guild buddies and having snacks within reach so I only had to leave the missions to go pee. Also, eating the whole plate/package of food at restaurants and home. Eating to satisfaction, I miss thee.

I just shelved that game, well a couple months ago. Loved it (and respectively FFXI for many (way too many years))

Great game, I just don't have the time anymore :(
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Mentali wrote: »
    Mindlessly snack.

Ditto.

I just shelved that game, well a couple months ago. Loved it (and respectively FFXI for many (way too many years))

Great game, I just don't have the time anymore :(

A couple months ago I was hooked on ArcheAge...I'm kind of an MMO nut haha :mrgreen: Definitely a timesuck but worth it!
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Take Oreos and dip them in whatever my fave ice cream of the moment was. To include as many Oreos as it took to finish a pint of ice cream!
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    On one memorable night, at the all-you-can eat sushi restaurant, I personally ate 7 sushi rolls, 17 pieces of nigiri, 3 orders of shrimp tempura, two orders of shumai, an order of teriyaki beef, bowl of miso soup, egg pudding and three scoops of green tea ice cream.
    It was glorious, but it literally hurt to breathe for a couple hours afterwards.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Jump right in with hard, hard cardio, and no real plan about diet change other than making sure to have healthy food at each meal. Generally not making a food plan at all, so I'd succumb to junk and then feel terrible.

lol I trained for a marathon despite having NO running experience. Did it for 6 months. Lost a few inches Then three weeks before the marathon I went for a 23 mile run and fractured a metatarsal. I stopped running for months, and barely even walked. Gained the wait back plus twenty pounds.

Did a lot of Bikram yoga for a while. Sometimes I'd do double sessions, back to back. Then I'd burst out exhausted and hungry, with no plan about what to eat. I'd have nothing in my bag - not even some almonds or a granola bar, and I'd remember that I barely have anything to eat at home (I had a habit of buying groceries irregularly). And in this situation, I'd leave the Bikram studio and walk home, passing a restaurant with my favorite pad thai, and then Columbian rotisserie chicken, and then a Mexican taqueria, lol. It was a set up for disaster. Sometimes I'd stick it out, but many times I just gave it and undid the 90 minutes of work and my money. Thing is I did lose a bit of weight and look a lot better. But I would have gotten twice as far if I had watched my diet first and just did a couple sessions of Bikram a week with a light snack right after.

On Friday night, I realized the importance of meal planning. My thought process could have been a joke, lol. I had salmon nicoise planned for the evening. I traveled home after a long day at work. Drove past all my favorite restaurants, and each time I was like "oh, Korean fried chicken! No, I have a salmon nicoise at home. Oh! Mapo tofu. No, I have a salmon nicoise at home. Oh, lamb kebabs and dill rice! No, I have a salmon nicoise at home. Oh! Bibimbab - that's healthy. No, I have a portioned out salmon nicoise at home. . . "

This was me!! I would go to a fitness class and then get an enormous burrito on my way home. Any time I expended any energy I would reward myself with well over twice the calories I burned.

edit: fixed bold tag
  • krazgrl
    krazgrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Craft beer and bottle shares. I still have VERY active in the craft beer community, but I have cut way way back on my beer intake. I usually with get a smaller pour, share with my fiancé, or take a sip from someone else's full pour so I can at least try it if it's new-to-me. (If you're on the app Untappd - you can find me under crzyb16agirl and see my #craftbeerproblems for yourself. lmao)

My mom's blue cheese salad dressing recipe is the best... I would make it and just eat the dressing with a spoon. Sometime I would make a salad just so I had an excuse to eat more dressing.

Grilled cheese sandwiches with the bread spread in butter (both sides) before toasting it in a skillet.

If we didn't have anything sweet to snack on, I would put a handful (more like two or three) of chocolate chips I use for baking into a paper towel and snack on those.

Dipping everything and anything into ranch or blue cheese dressing (see a theme there?)
  • rpachigo
    rpachigo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Eating two double whoppers at a sitting.
    Eating a whole jar honey roasted peanuts in hours.
    Slamming indian desserts left right and center.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Everything dipped in Hidden Valley Ranch. steak, chicken, pizza, French fries, fried rice. You name it I have probably at least tried it. I still eat ranch with stuff like Italian sausage but, I know use Bolthouse Ranch and weigh it out. Also I would go to subway get a foot long on Italian herb and cheese with turkey and extra extra cheese and lots of oil and Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper no veggies. I still get that sandwich every once in a while but, like once a year not every week.
  • Rick_Nelson81
    Rick_Nelson81 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I once devoured a box of Mars bars from Sam's in like 5 days. That's what a super-strict diet did to me.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My favorite late night snack used to be Juanita's Tortilla Chips (SO GOOD) on a baking sheet. I'd then shred a good cup of cheese on them and broil it. I'd eat it with sour cream and salsa and usually wash it down with a Mike's Hard Lemonade. This was before MFP. I don't even want to guess what my late night "snack" was in terms of calories - 1,000+? And I'd do this maybe 3-4 times a week. No wonder I ballooned right up!
  • AmandaOmega
    AmandaOmega Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I could decimate half a large pizza or more on my own. I miss being able to just chow down (to be honest, since I started dieting, even when I do accommodate the occasional junk food night, I can't eat more then 2 large slices before feeling stuffed).
  • KatherinePM
    KatherinePM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Large whopper with cheese meal for breakfast with a sausage roll, Large Big Mac meal for lunch with an extra cheeseburger (or two footling subs) a family bag of lollies for 3pm snack and two massive bowls of spag bowl and salad for dinner then raid the pantry. But I was really skinny back then 175cm and 58 kgs! Having kids stuffed up my metabolism (or maybe normalised it). Now I have a Big Mac and my *kitten* jiggles for a week hahhaha
  • KatherinePM
    KatherinePM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Large whopper with cheese meal for breakfast with a sausage roll, Large Big Mac meal for lunch with an extra cheeseburger (or two footling subs) a family bag of lollies for 3pm snack and two massive bowls of spag bowl and salad for dinner then raid the pantry. But I was really skinny back then 175cm and 58 kgs! Having kids stuffed up my metabolism (or maybe normalised it). Now I have a Big Mac and my *kitten* jiggles for a week hahhaha

Oh and if I made myself a sandwich i would deep fry it then put icecream and chips on top of a savoury sandwich. Wtf.