Where do YOU shop for groceries?

Options

Replies

• cathed42
    cathed42 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

In Scotland I regularly shop at Sainsburys, Morrisons, Tesco (sometimes) Aldi or Lidl rarely unless an offer looks good. Hate Asda (owned by Walmart) If I'm feeling really rich Waitrose
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Walmart and when things I want are on sale at sobeys, superstore, no frills, giant tiger, shoppers drugmart (eggs especially) and Lawtons drugs. I am in nova Scotia
  • rpachigo
    rpachigo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Trader joe's, sprouts, wal-mart. Fort Worth
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's and Kroger (Smith's here in Utah)
  • ThatRyanPerson
    ThatRyanPerson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mostly at Hy-Vee since I work in the pharmacy there and it's convenient.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No frills. Co op. Wal mart. Safeway. I live in alberta
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods for all my dairy and most of my fish, as well as some of my meat. I'm especially a fan of those frozen club packs - wild salmon, chicken breasts, etc.

I have been experimenting with buying clubs and farm to table operations, because they have the same or higher quality of WholeFoods at a lower price. But they get complicated because you have to order ahead and there's always a weird pic up process, like only between 6-7p on a Tuesday. I generally can't fit it into my schedule to do it regularly.

And then I basically rotate between ethnic food stores for vegetables and everything else. Mexican and Korean are the most common stores, though I occasionally go to Chinese markets (where I can't figure out what the hell is going on usually) or Vietnamese markets.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Kroger, Meijer
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I have our family staples delivered by Hy-Vee once a week. This covers our grains, frozen fruits and veggies, the husbands' meat products and my meat alternatives (if I'm buying any). In season, we get a weekly CSA for our fruits and veggies, and the produce I get at our local market a couple times a week.
    @chunky_pinup

I love the delivery feature they offer now at Hyvee...it's only been available here in the Midwest for a couple months but it makes it handy at times!
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I mainly shop Kroger and Meijer for my everyday needs according to what's on sale, a local asian grocery store for my specialty needs (I refuse to pay $$$ for components to make dashi stock, no thank you Whole Foods), and very rarely Fresh Market for when things like sea bass and sashimi grade tuna go on sale.

When I was farther south I shopped at Bi-Lo and Publix and between the two I did very well to keep costs down but eat very well, even brand name stuff (Publix's coupon policy is GREAT).
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Most of our groceries/staples come from the military commissary. I stop weekly at Harris Teeter for coupon deals. About once a month we pick up a few items from Sam's club.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mostly Costco, Winco, Ridley's. Sporadically Smith's, Fred Meyer, Walmart or Albertsons. I'm in South Eastern Idaho.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    whole foods 98% of the time, will run to vons if i need something or amazon now will deliever food from sprouts in 2 hours.

edited for location.. We live in San Diego so we do also go to farmers markets but most of the farms that sell to the farrmers markets sell to Whole Foods. Our Whole foods have mostly local farms including meat.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I think it's so interesting how every state/country has different grocery stores. I shop at Target, Aldi, HyVee, Cub Foods, Trader Joes, Whole Foods and Lunds & Byerlys. Where do you guys shop?

Woolworths, mostly
    Coles, occasionally
    Hill Street Grocers (IGA), for bits and pieces because they are within walking distance of home
    Salamanca Fresh, for fresh fruit and veg for work, and occasionally a few other items, because they are within walking distance of work
    Various Asian Markets and Bulk Food shops ... for Asian food and sometimes TVP.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Wegmans (gluten free section), Acme, and Shop n bag. Sometimes I go to Giant if there is something I want that's on sale. I buy all of my fresh fruits and veggies at Tanners Farm.
  • Meghan4330
    Meghan4330 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No place beats Wegmans! I only go to Wegmans for my groceries every week :)
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Buffalo. I miss Wegmans!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    95% of our grocery shopping is done at Costco. We go to Sprouts and occasionally Albertson's for little things here and there like green onions, jalapenos, ginger, etc.
  • gemdiver00
    gemdiver00 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Costco, Target, Walmart, Trader Joe's, FoodMaxx/Save Mart, farmers market, fruit stands by the side of the road, nuts from local farm storefront in central California.