Where do YOU shop for groceries?

Options

Replies

• Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Costco, Superstore, a local butcher/deli, and the farmer's market in the summer. I'm in central BC :)
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Here in New Jersey I go mainly to Shoprite and occasionally to trader joes.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    We don't have food in Target here in Oz. I shop at woolworths and coles,. Americans probably never heard of them.
    I was so excited when our first Aldi opened here a month ago, but I was not impressed. Their prices were ok, but they didn't have a big selection of foods. And im too nervous to try their food brands incase they taste terrible. .
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Kroger and walmart. Indiana
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I live in small town Kansas. The only store in town- Walmart.
    Rarely we go out of town to shop for food. If we do we would go to Hy-Vee.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I buy my groceries from the groceries store.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mainly Whole Foods. I occasionally go to Trader Joe's or the farmers market.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I live in a pup tent behind a Wal-Mart, with an Albertson's across the street if I feel the compulsion to spend more and a Whole Foods less than 10 miles away for those occasions when I ... I haven't had those occasions yet.
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Meijer and sometimes Sam's Club, when my buddy comes over.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Smiths, Target, Whole Foods and Trader Joes
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I shop a little bit of everywhere. I work at a health food store and get 25% off grocery items, so I usually get my cooking oil, nut milk, bulk nuts, kombucha, ice-cream-alternatives, candy, spices, and dry goods (beans, oats, ect.) at work. I get 95% of my meat at a local butcher that sources everything from local, organic farms. I get a few vegetables from the farmer's market, but it's currently only being held once a month until the weather warms up, so I'm getting most of my vegetables at either Walmart, Kroger, or Food Lion.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Meijer and Kroger mainly, Indiana here. The new Kroger Marketplaces popping up around here are AWESOME!
  • emyloucifer
    emyloucifer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Winco for bi-weekly grocery shopping. Raley's for anything I need to pick up in between. I'm in Nevada.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    At college (Central Texas), mostly HEB, sometimes Walmart

Parents house (North Texas), mostly Walmart, Sam's for bulk, sometimes (very few) Kroger's
  • Facetious76
    Facetious76 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in Kansas. We use Fresh Market, Natural Grocers, Whole Foods, Dillons (Kroger) and Costco.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    oh, I buy my meat from the butcher and veggies from the fruit and veg store, rarely buy these items from a grocery store.
  • bearhall04
    bearhall04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Middle TN here.... Mostly Aldi, Kroger, Costco and Whole Foods. Once in a blue moon Walmart.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Aussie here:
    - Woolworths or Coles for general groceries.
    - Chinese supermarket for fruit and veg (unless I only need a couple of things and I'll get them with my other groceries),
    - Roadside stalls for fruit and veggies in season - I'm getting fantastic grapes right now.
    - Butcher's shop or market for meat, or supermarket if it's just a few things.
    - Roadside fish van for seafood.
    And if I need something that's a specialty item, I'll go to a specific supermarket or a bulk food place.
  • emilstar
    emilstar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kroger and Fresh Market. I live in southern OH.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I live in Alaska. I shop at Fred Meyer, Sam's Club, and some local health food stores.