Where do YOU shop for groceries?

Options
I think it's so interesting how every state/country has different grocery stores. I shop at Target, Aldi, HyVee, Cub Foods, Trader Joes, Whole Foods and Lunds & Byerlys. Where do you guys shop?

Replies

• kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I buy from Aldi. Then it would be Walmart and finally Costco.

I live in the upper Midwest.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Costco (75% of my groceries) and the other 25% from Wholefoods, Trader Joe's, Safeway and Harris Teeter
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Jewel, WF, Trader Joe's, green market, CSA (during spring through late fall, not now), fish and meat markets sometimes. Keep meaning to join Costco every since I got a car (years ago). I'm in Chicago.
  • sourcandies
    sourcandies Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Walmart and Fruit Stands in the area (or farmers markets).
    Eastern Canada.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    When I lived in the Midwest, I shopped at Roundys, Walmart, and Aldi. Now, in Las Vegas, it's WinCo, Kroger, Safeway, Dollar Tree, and Albertson's. No Aldi here, but many ethnic and specialty market choices with some good prices on staples.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Publix, A chicken farm & seafood market, An Asian market, rarely Winne Dixie.
    I hate Whole Foods but I go there about three times a year for stuff I cannot get anywhere else.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    BiLo, Harris Teeter, WalMart, Publix occasionally, Target....whichever has the best deals for the week! I live in North Carolina.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Publix, Sprouts, Kroger, wal mart, costco.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Publix, A chicken farm & seafood market, An Asian market, rarely Winne Dixie.
    I hate Whole Foods but I go there about three times a year for stuff I cannot get anywhere else.

What has Whole Foods done to you?
  • PaleoPretty25
    PaleoPretty25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods Market and Trader Joe's
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    In Ohio...Meijer (where I work, so it's a given) and Kroger. I'll pick up some things at Target, but that's two towns over. I try to avoid Walmart. Whole Foods and Costco recently opened up here, but they're pretty hefty drives away to try them out.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    HEB
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Here in Toronto I do shop a lot at the common grocery chains (4 are within walking distance) and once a month or so make a run to Costco.

But we also buy a lot of groceries at the Asian Markets/Grocers (T&T, Al Premium, Sunnymart). The produce typically is nicer but more importantly, prices are much cheaper for staples that would be considered "exotic" in a standard grocery store if they carried them at all. Mushrooms (shitake, king oyster, oyster, beech) would be less than 1/2 price. Same with the greens. Of course, we wouldn't find amaranth or snow pea greens outside these stores. Same with some of the roots like Galangal or lesser galangal. This is where we'd also get our jackfruit, soursop, longan....
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    win co or wal- mart. when i can get into the larger towns, in our town i"m stuck with Bargain giant. here It I 1/3 more expensive. So we have to go Into the larger city and stock up every oce in awhile. But our garden helps.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Trader joes, Mariano's and only Whole Paycheck for a few things lol
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm in Phoenix, and I go to costco, Wal-Mart, and occasionally Albertsons. It's expensive but it's just across the street so if I need a few things I'll go for the convenience.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Aldi, Target, a local chain called Ingle's and the Farmers market for things I don't grow in my own backyard.
  • davidmartinez66
    davidmartinez66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I live in the Northeast. BJ's Wholesale Club (meat, fruit) Market Basket for most vegetables, eggs. I grow fruit in my yard so during June-September I have fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in the yard, although I eat
    so many blueberries I also pick them at local farms. Of course the New Hampshire State Liquor Store for wine!

:)
    David
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Publix or WalMart, farmers' market for produce in the summer.

I live in Alabama, USA.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Walmart and Aldi