Yeah suck it up and do it

And post da vids

*creeper*
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    And I guess that you're creeping too? :wink:

yup, i confessed it :) i've somehow turned into this person who watches other people lifting for real enjoyment. and weird as it sounds watching you do yours has been good for my own form in some ways. when you see someone do 20 reps there's time to appreciate all the tiny things they do better than you, as well as having time to figure out exactly what/how they're doing it.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    So I thought it might be interesting to post just how long it takes me to prepare/decide to start lol

https://youtu.be/Y8Pzox42FWE
  • McCloud33
    Options
    Finally failed on my last frickin' rep! Overall strength just seemed down today and I dropped the weights for my other exercises too just to get some reps in. Planning on waiting until Thursday to lift again. If I fail on squats again, I'm probably calling it. I was really hoping to surpass what I did earlier this summer at 275x20, but this mental grind is getting to me. I'm not looking forward to heading to the gym in the morning, and that's not a place I want to be.

https://youtu.be/Ymh_zHiAQUA
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    You got this son- step to the bar- suck the wind- and go- it's over in less than 2-3 minutes- if you fail you fail.

ha...I've totally been psyching myself up and saying in my head "It's just two minutes of pain. It will probably be the worst two minutes of the day, but nothing you do today will be worse than this."

And I'm really not worried about the legs not being able to push the 300x20...it's my back. I just don't want to frick it up!

I have that same exact conversation when I got about half way through. Exact. Same.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    Well I've just lost all motivation on this program :tongue: Not able to get my mind right for the full 20 reps...worried about screwing up my back...feeling like bad form...whatever it is, 20 reps just isn't happening. I did do 2x10 at 280 (or at least I though it was...I missed counting a rep on the second set). I think I'll keep adding weight on 2x10 for a few weeks, then maybe 3x5, 3x3 and try a max week or something. I'm also going to be throwing my belt back on because I do not want to chance injuring my back as the weight gets more. I guess I need to strengthen the back between now and the next time I run the 20 rep squats.

Squat 280 2x10
    OHP 125 5x5
    DL 315x5, 365x1, tried 425 for a 5lb PR, but it wasn't happening.

https://youtu.be/DZ-sF3--t5s
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Well I've just lost all motivation on this program :tongue: Not able to get my mind right for the full 20 reps...worried about screwing up my back...feeling like bad form...whatever it is, 20 reps just isn't happening.

Yeah, 1x20 was a bit much for me, even at a meager 60%x1RM. Gave it up pretty quick.

My 1RM program is still working for my DL @325 and BP @210 but I'm still experimenting w/things to break thru my plateaus w/SQT @245 and OHP @125.

I tried the standard 3x10 at 75%x1RM which was do-able but still a bit too exhausting and am now trying 10x3 at 85%x1RM, as proposed by Chad Waterbury in T-Nation.

See: https://www.t-nation.com/training/science-of-10-x-3

I'm liking 10x3 more because I can use heavier (but not too heavy weight) for a sufficient reps w/o too much risk of injury and w/o feeling entirely spent after it's done.

I never get sore but my glutes feel well "worked" and just short of becoming sore after my last 10x3 SQT session. So, it must be doing "something." Exactly, what I'm not sure.

Actually thinking about alternating 10x3 w/3x10 (or 4x6 as also suggested by Waterbury) and increasing weight progressively by just 2-3%/wk for 4-6 wks as a way to break thru and promote further growth. We'll see . . .

Just some additional ideas for you to consider while you're experimenting w/different routines.

Good luck!