Serious Profiles lol

Options

Replies

• viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    First three months on this app-i've had no friends at all. I didn't even know how to add em cause I'd only come on this app to track and that's it.

Even now-I don't have friends-they are more like journey pals-I open the app once in morning and once at night and like everything I see in my sights lol - sometimes I have to unlike certain status(es) because they are lamenting about a bad day and "liking" that status means -we like them having a bad day. However people still get likes on a lamenting status lol -paradox eh
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    anyone else get a chuckle out of serious profiles that have a set of rules you must abide to even be considered to be accepted as a friend? Or profiles that say they are no longer accepting friends at this time? It makes me chuckle a bit.

Meh...you stick around long enough and the friend requests get kind of annoying...especially when they're completely random and you have no idea why they want to be "friends". Most of these people are the same one's that get butt hurt that you didn't basically commend them on waking up in the morning.

It's also pretty obvious that people don't pay any *kitten* attention...I've stated I'm not accepting requests for a long time now, but they keep coming. I'm not really here to be friends with everyone.
    Bro, I just sent you a friend request..................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    anyone else get a chuckle out of serious profiles that have a set of rules you must abide to even be considered to be accepted as a friend? Or profiles that say they are no longer accepting friends at this time? It makes me chuckle a bit.

Meh...you stick around long enough and the friend requests get kind of annoying...especially when they're completely random and you have no idea why they want to be "friends". Most of these people are the same one's that get butt hurt that you didn't basically commend them on waking up in the morning.

It's also pretty obvious that people don't pay any *kitten* attention...I've stated I'm not accepting requests for a long time now, but they keep coming. I'm not really here to be friends with everyone.
    I think a lot of them are just trying to pad their number of friends for some ungodly reason. Like the facebook people with 1,300 friends.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

Yeah. After getting dozens and dozen's of FR's from headless/shirtless torso's I kinda had to at least try to put a stop to it. I'm not here to collect shirtless torso's. Most of the time, if not all, these torso's don't even interact. It just gets annoying.

They are hoping to see some pictures of YOUR shirtless torso. .
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Bro, I just sent you a friend request..................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

WTF...I thought we were already friends...see what happens when there are too many randos on your friend's list? Anyway...rules are there to be broken...
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    quesera6 wrote: »

Me too, makes me laugh, it's a little control freaky , you can never have too many friends

Yes...yes you can....
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options

Yeah. After getting dozens and dozen's of FR's from headless/shirtless torso's I kinda had to at least try to put a stop to it. I'm not here to collect shirtless torso's. Most of the time, if not all, these torso's don't even interact. It just gets annoying.

Well, duh! But isn't that what Kik is for?? B)

• JasonRainboze
    JasonRainboze Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    haha some people take the "LIST" very serious...
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Well, duh! But isn't that what Kik is for?? B)

Kik?. .what's that? o:)
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

Who has the time in their day to ensure all MFP'ers abide to their set of rules....Shouldn't you be at the gym?
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    This thread has inspired me to clean out my locker a bit....
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Mine's private; you can't even see my list of friend requirements.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I have strict standards: I only accept friend requests from 1) people no longer accepting friend requests 2) 20 something year old fit females wearing tight clothing 3) people with pets as their pic 4) people with pics of just their torsos 5) people with jail bars over their picks for being sh*tty to other users on the message boards and 6) people with a selfie mirror pic where they are staring at their phone screen and not at the camera
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    the only "rule" i have seen is "send a message in the FR of how you know me." i don't think that's unreasonable. there are a lot of people who are "collectors." Secondly, a lot of us fatties and former fatties have self esteem issues... maybe that's why we are here. So if someone puts that they aren't accepting any friend requests, maybe it's so people won't take rejection personally, as some of us are wont to do.

i don't know. just a thought.
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You never know. Maybe those people's MFP is broken and they can't remove friends later, so when they add someone, it's a life long commitment.

But yeah, I love to fill out 250+ questions to apply for the position of someone's 'Hey, I know you from that website and we're probably never gonna meet'-friend.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I can't stop watching the calligraphy writer over and over and over and over ......
  • Sirius66TheBeat
    Sirius66TheBeat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    lol..good ol' Kik. I used to be on here under a different account...a lot of naughty women on here that like to share on Kik.