Serious Profiles lol

Options

Replies

• Sirius66TheBeat
    Sirius66TheBeat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    I think it's more weird when people constantly delete and recreate profiles. There are people on this site who have had like 20 different profiles. I guard my FL so I don't get into that drama O_o

i started a new one just to start with a clean slate. My other one was years old and didnt feel like deleting everything. Just easier to start new.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    lauranorr wrote: »
    I got the mail today and not one flowered scented envelope. I am greatly saddened. Perhaps my friendship request requirements are too strict. From now on you may send me a simple handwritten note attached to either a squirrels neck or carrier pigeon. This should really simplify the process. If allergies are involved...simply attach the handwritten not to a helium balloon bouquet and let it go in my direction.

Do you accept requests via owl?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    I have strict standards: I only accept friend requests from 1) people no longer accepting friend requests 2) 20 something year old fit females wearing tight clothing 3) people with pets as their pic 4) people with pics of just their torsos 5) people with jail bars over their picks for being sh*tty to other users on the message boards and 6) people with a selfie mirror pic where they are staring at their phone screen and not at the camera

I guess we can't be friends :'(
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Meh, I get a bunch of friend requests. It gets old when you have no idea who they are. Not sure putting stipulations in the profile helped though as I still get a few per day with nothing... Don't like it? Don't care.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Haha yes.

This is a serious site for most.

I use it to log my food, and if someone wants inspiration from looking at my diary, I don't mind.
    Don't really understand the over analysing here though. What else aside from food consumed is available on ones profile?

Also why are people's diaries so sacred?

Do people treat this place like fb?
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Spuffz wrote: »
    Yep! Or they've lost weight and suddenly they are a high and mighty nutritional expert!

I had one that would give me lectures if I had bread! Or another that would tell me I was 100 calories under my goal for the day and to go eat a banana or else I'd pile the weight back on - yawn!

Oh yes! Plenty of those around
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »
    Haha yes.

This is a serious site for most.

I use it to log my food, and if someone wants inspiration from looking at my diary, I don't mind.
    Don't really understand the over analysing here though. What else aside from food consumed is available on ones profile?

Also why are people's diaries so sacred?

Do people treat this place like fb?

There is nothing you can really see on my profile. That's of no matter to me though. I take fitness and nutrition pretty seriously. It's an important part of my life. I also believe in science and have specific views on what is "right" and "wrong". Is it Facebook? No. But I still don't want randoms on my profile. This isn't a peep show. If you want pics, just ask...
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I got the mail today and not one flowered scented envelope. I am greatly saddened. Perhaps my friendship request requirements are too strict. From now on you may send me a simple handwritten note attached to either a squirrels neck or carrier pigeon. This should really simplify the process. If allergies are involved...simply attach the handwritten not to a helium balloon bouquet and let it go in my direction.

Blame your mailman. I sent it
  • ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Lmao this forum is so serious right now :joy:
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lmao this forum is so serious right now :joy:

This. :joy:

I'm going to make a thread called "Serious threads that are complainy about how other people use MFP lol"
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    anyone else get a chuckle out of serious profiles that have a set of rules you must abide to even be considered to be accepted as a friend? Or profiles that say they are no longer accepting friends at this time? It makes me chuckle a bit.

I think my rules for accepting friend requests are very reasonable and simple. I have to have had positive interaction with them, for example maybe we've had an interesting conversation on the forum already about workout programs, diet, etc. So it seems likely we'll have plenty to talk about. Or they live nearby to me and we might meet up. That's it. I don't want to be another name on someone's collection of 'friends' and never interact with them again. I don't want to be reading loads of updates from someone I have no personal interest in. None of that interests me. Nobody here owes anyone a friendship.
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Meh...you stick around long enough and the friend requests get kind of annoying...especially when they're completely random and you have no idea why they want to be "friends". Most of these people are the same one's that get butt hurt that you didn't basically commend them on waking up in the morning.

It's also pretty obvious that people don't pay any *kitten* attention...I've stated I'm not accepting requests for a long time now, but they keep coming. I'm not really here to be friends with everyone.

Yep, I've accepted friend requests before and that is the last I've heard from them. Also a lot of people seem to think other people should be motivating them somehow, I'm not that person who posts phrases like 'Great job!' or 'You can do it!'.

I use this place to log food, anything beyond that has to be pretty worthwhile to be interest me.
  • Sadlyinwar
    Sadlyinwar Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I usually have applicants answer a list of twenty questions. There's also a way to bypass all this if they parcel some quest bars to me. Of course, none of this is really necessary if you happen to be good looking because then I'll accept you without question and use you to beautify my friend list.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Sadlyinwar wrote: »
    I usually have applicants answer a list of twenty questions. There's also a way to bypass all this if they parcel some quest bars to me. Of course, none of this is really necessary if you happen to be good looking because then I'll accept you without question and use you to beautify my friend list.

I went the Quest Bar route. :p
  • deaddolly
    deaddolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm on Facebook much more often. Hard to keep up with this as well. I always accept new friends though.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    @synchkat is it true that in order to send you a friend request, one must send you a video try out of oneself dressed in spandex, leotard, and sparkling tutu performing a self choreographed ice skating routine to the music of Oh Canada?

@lauranorr clearly someone has been spreading gossip and you've gotten it all wrong. The leotard must be bedazzled too. Bonus points if you can work in some sort of I <3 Kat into the routine or costume.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Blame your mailman. I sent it

I think he took it with a certain video I may have sent.. ;)

I wondered why the seal to the envelope was broken, but he did delivery the video. You sure are flexible!!! <3