Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,618 Member
    Me too. Very wet in London :/
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Morning y'all
    I think I'm going back to bed
  • hittingitonemoretime
    hittingitonemoretime Posts: 7,615 Member
    Good morning ladies
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Morning all

And ya Laura test day is tonight. Hoping he stays relaxed.
  • synchkat
    Thanks. He should pass. I just hate when they fail I feel like I should have done more. But I think the last judge hates me haha
  • MrsBooBear
    Best of luck!
  • hittingitonemoretime
    Good luck to your guy!!
  • synchkat
    Thanks.

So what's everyone up to today? I've got to take the boy to an appointment then drop off my van to get some part replaced. While thsts being done I'll decluttered my living room. Fun fun fun
  • hittingitonemoretime
    Taking monkey into the doctors to get her lungs looked at, then off to work, then school. Exciting lol
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    work, work, ride home, lift, eat, sleep. that's the general plan anyway
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Good morning everyone :)
  • hittingitonemoretime
    Good luck to your daughter Laura! I always hated soccer tryouts.
  • synchkat
    edited June 2016
    Taking monkey into the doctors to get her lungs looked at, then off to work, then school. Exciting lol

Hope she's ok
    lauranorr wrote: »
    judo for big kid this morning, get some soccer shorts for my daughter, then tonight is new club tryouts for her. Maybe I'll get myself some new workout stuff!!

Shopping is always fun. You deserve something new. :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Good morning to you normies ..
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    edited June 2016
    Great morning / evening to you dear.....( could we call that morvning?)
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Hope you all enjoy your day
    Mel I hope Stella feels better soon. Poor baby
    Laura have fun shopping for you something
    Ali best of luck with your guy today
    Aaron don't work too hard
    Morning Bill
  • MrsBooBear
    Work, walk, weights and swim. Then fall into bed! :D
  • Mr_Stabbems

I'm torn. I know strength training helps you lose the weight, but it wasn't helping me. I was stuck and when I started focusing on my cardio and dropped the weights, I started losing again. But I don't want to lose what little tone I did get in my arms and stuff. So I'm not sure what to do.

lifting and building more muscle give you a bigger TDEE, you will burn more calories doing nothing essentially. It does give the impression of that toned look and most people like the feeling of having a decent amount of strength.

My advice to anyone losing weight is to lift, build the body underneath and lose weight at the same time. Obviously its not going to be perfect because youre at a deficit but its worth it, building muscle takes time, why not start earlier? it'll burn calories, give your metab a boost for the day and increase you total cals burned. Win win win in my book.
  • nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    Morning/Afternoon/Evening Fockers. Work and continue teaching my son to drive. We did paralell parking last night. He got the hang of it. I think he is ready to test.
  • Mr_Stabbems

I'm torn. I know strength training helps you lose the weight, but it wasn't helping me. I was stuck and when I started focusing on my cardio and dropped the weights, I started losing again. But I don't want to lose what little tone I did get in my arms and stuff. So I'm not sure what to do.

lifting and building more muscle give you a bigger TDEE, you will burn more calories doing nothing essentially. It does give the impression of that toned look and most people like the feeling of having a decent amount of strength.

My advice to anyone losing weight is to lift, build the body underneath and lose weight at the same time. Obviously its not going to be perfect because youre at a deficit but its worth it, building muscle takes time, why not start earlier? it'll burn calories, give your metab a boost for the day and increase you total cals burned. Win win win in my book.

Yes, I knew you would say that. All right, my cardio before was not as hard, so I will readd the strength and see what happens.

two schools of thought on when to do cardio is before and after weights, apparently before according to new journals etc is supposed to be better for you, but the old school was to do it after, the idea being you're glycogen stores are depleted so any cardio you do would tap into fat reserves to fuel the effort.

I do HIIT in the morning, maybe twice a week and cycle most days. my lifting is about 4 days a week but ive been doing it years so my body is used to it.