Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    nitroalley wrote: »
    Morning/Afternoon/Evening Fockers. Work and continue teaching my son to drive. We did paralell parking last night. He got the hang of it. I think he is ready to test.

That's good
    I failed mine the first time because I messed up on parallel parking. Good luck to him
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,618 Member
    Hey Alan! Happy Tuesday! :*
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Look at our Laura a lifter. :)

I was thinking of starting more toning stuff. I need to find my dumbbells. :) I could always go to the gym at the club but then my chances of running into my ex husband more often are multiplied. I see him enough as it is there
  • synchkat
    Happy Tuesday Kasner.
    Is it feeling like summer yet up in your neck of the woods?
  • merr1cose
    merr1cose Posts: 176 Member
    Good Morning people! Hope today finds you well :smile:
  • synchkat
    Look at you go. I just have 3 lb and 5 lb dumbbells. I don't go for heavy weights haha.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Good Morning everyone! Today is going to be great-I can already tell :). I have meetings with the partners and practice administrators and this evening I'm heading to a Women's Professional Network meeting held by my alumni association. It's also my assistant's bday so I grabbed a cake and made this happen :) Have a great Tuesday everyone! 4iob37bh5dbf.jpeg
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    lauranorr wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    Look at our Laura a lifter. :)

I was thinking of starting more toning stuff. I need to find my dumbbells. :) I could always go to the gym at the club but then my chances of running into my ex husband more often are multiplied. I see him enough as it is there

I have a whole set of weights, a bar and a bench gathering dust. I just need a place to set them up. In the meantime I've been doing Bodybeast with my adjustable dumbells 5-25. They are a little too light for some of the stuff but I make them work.

wow..weird day. whats up with this....i am joining the gym today and starting on a lifting program! *cue the creepy we all thought of the same thing at the same time music*
  • T0M_K
    I got an app. *rolls eyes* can we do anything these days without an app? its aptly named "workout" by fitness22. There are several routines there for a meager $17 a year. I will select a "beginner type with machines/free weights for 3 days a week. seems a decent place to start. The routine is called Fat off, Muscle on. I'll take pics and we'll see if the *kitten* are liars. :#
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    work, work, ride home, lift, eat, sleep. that's the general plan anyway

I'm torn. I know strength training helps you lose the weight, but it wasn't helping me. I was stuck and when I started focusing on my cardio and dropped the weights, I started losing again. But I don't want to lose what little tone I did get in my arms and stuff. So I'm not sure what to do.

lifting and building more muscle give you a bigger TDEE, you will burn more calories doing nothing essentially. It does give the impression of that toned look and most people like the feeling of having a decent amount of strength.

My advice to anyone losing weight is to lift, build the body underneath and lose weight at the same time. Obviously its not going to be perfect because youre at a deficit but its worth it, building muscle takes time, why not start earlier? it'll burn calories, give your metab a boost for the day and increase you total cals burned. Win win win in my book.

Yes, I knew you would say that. All right, my cardio before was not as hard, so I will readd the strength and see what happens.

I completely agree with him, Laura!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Good morning my not so normals!
  • T0M_K
    Strong lifts 5X5 is a good program also, I hear

is that an app? i need to be maintaining/building muscle or i'll be looking like a tribal runner that runs like 100 miles a day....minus the dark skin
  • MrsBooBear

That's pretty much what I'm trying to follow. Nice and simple. :)
  • MrsBooBear
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

is that an app? i need to be maintaining/building muscle or i'll be looking like a tribal runner that runs like 100 miles a day....minus the dark skin

I think there is an app available for it.
  • T0M_K
    i'm intimated by squats. i'm a novice...but it seems that this is like the most important exercise...like everyone must do squats.
  • MrsBooBear
    You'll definitely feel them working...
  • MrsBooBear
    I'm a novice too btw
  • RunHardBeStrong
    lulufit5 wrote: »
    As Boo said, yes there is an app. I haven't looked at it yet but I have it as I thought I might use it when I get my weights set up

I like the app. It is pretty simple and straight forward.
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    i'm intimated by squats. i'm a novice...but it seems that this is like the most important exercise...like everyone must do squats.

Get your form down with out weights first. Then add the weights, it will become like second nature really quickly. If you are unsure about form, youtube is great for that.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    lulufit5 wrote: »
    squats...the essential part of leg day lol

and butt day :p
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    I should probably do squats but I just run for leg training