Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Don't you think karma might be good to me because I talk to lonely old men at the hospital and ask them about their injury or eve go to the hospital just for moral support. Maybe I bought my mom's caregiver a coffee and my mom lunch so that I knew they had snacks before I left. I kinda f believe in always paying it forward in actions

Well I don’t know you so no I didn’t think that... glad you impressed me tho
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I have a really good life and always have and i sometimes feel it's my lot in life to cheer people up haha
    When my son is more self sufficient I'm going to volunteer at the hospital we were at today. It's more inner city and I don't think gets a lot of volunteers
  • AliNouveau
    So the Toronto Maple Leafs are having a practice and game of shinny at the rink outride of city hall. They took the subway there
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    No lie, I miss our Mike Babcock years in Detroit :(
  • AliNouveau
    He's doing well Here
  • Reckoner67
    Yeahhhhhhhhhh and Detroit hasn't done anything since he left. He always wanted to coach in Canada though so good for him :) I'm not bitter I swear
  • AliNouveau
    Hahha you don't sound bitter at all
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Sittin at the vet while they try to figure out what's wrong with my dumb old cat who'd better not die

I hope your cat is ok :)
  • Reckoner67
    They figured it out--MASSIVE infection, no clue how he got it but they know how to hopefully get him better. I swear this cat is trying to use up all nine lives this year, but glad that he's starting to act like he's feeling better at least
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    They figured it out--MASSIVE infection, no clue how he got it but they know how to hopefully get him better. I swear this cat is trying to use up all nine lives this year, but glad that he's starting to act like he's feeling better at least

Good news, hope its a quick recovery
  • AliNouveau
    awww yay for the vet and just an infection. Is the cat an outdoor cat or strictly indoor?
  • Reckoner67
    Strictly indoor, but he's 16 and showing it. He's been with us longer than my oldest boy though (we've had this cat since he was 4 weeks old) so now when he gets sick we get a little panicked.
  • AliNouveau
    Cats often live into their 20s don't they?
    I wonder where he picked up this infection. Thank goodness you caught it before it got worse
  • Reckoner67
    I don't know that they *often* live into their 20s, but that is a thing. Most cats that I've had through my life lived to somewhere between 14 - 18, though I did have one go closer to 20, and a friend of mine has a 22-year-old cat right now.
  • AliNouveau
    ahhh I guess I just hear of old cats probably because no one talks about their average ged cats.
    I have never had a cat. We had dogs, no cats
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    edited February 2019
    Glad to hear you figured out what was going on and it’s treatable. My wife is a vet tech thank god or we’d never be able to afford our pets as they are always in the clinic! She sees all kinds of crazy stuff like today a dog was having surgery after completely swallowing the owners head phones

tj08zvl8tr6x.jpeg
  • AliNouveau
    I just ate a bunch of soda crackers. I swear those things are delicious.
  • knowmequick
    knowmequick Posts: 119 Member
    Is soda crackers the same as saltines?
  • AliNouveau
    yes. Saltines is the brand name
    Soda crackers are what they are

and that is your lesson in words for the day
  • knowmequick
    knowmequick Posts: 119 Member
    I thought Zesta was a brand of saltines.