Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    o·da crack·er
    /ˈsōdə ˌkrakər/
    nounNORTH AMERICAN
    plural noun: soda crackers
    a thin, crisp cracker leavened with baking soda.
  • thepainmaker88
    After further research a saltine is a soda cracker... she is on to something
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    It's like how we call bandages bandaids or tissues Kleenex.
    Would you believe my husband is a copyright lawyer and so I have heard all this
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Bandaids are sticky and terrible
  • AliNouveau
    Yes. Adhesive bandages.
    I could go on haha. Sometimes the brand becomes the word. There's a name when that happens.
  • knowmequick
    knowmequick Posts: 119 Member
    Thinking about bandaids and crackers together... I’ll never be able to eat crackers again!!!
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    This ruined eating bandaids for me
  • thepainmaker88
    I wonder if the board game Monopoly conspired to coin the term “monopoly “
  • AliNouveau
    Like monopoly wants a monopoly on monopoly?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Glad to hear you figured out what was going on and it’s treatable. My wife is a vet tech thank god or we’d never be able to afford our pets as they are always in the clinic! She sees all kinds of crazy stuff like today a dog was having surgery after completely swallowing the owners head phones

tj08zvl8tr6x.jpeg

Wow, the things they'll eat
  • thepainmaker88
    Glad to hear you figured out what was going on and it’s treatable. My wife is a vet tech thank god or we’d never be able to afford our pets as they are always in the clinic! She sees all kinds of crazy stuff like today a dog was having surgery after completely swallowing the owners head phones

tj08zvl8tr6x.jpeg

Turned out it wasn’t headphones at all it was some random stuff including hair bands here it is:
    kavn0so9f5d7.jpeg
    I
  • slimgirljo15

tj08zvl8tr6x.jpeg

Turned out it wasn’t headphones at all it was some random stuff including hair bands here it is:
    kavn0so9f5d7.jpeg
    I

That's amazing, I wonder why it eats that kind of stuff? Bored maybe?
  • thepainmaker88

tj08zvl8tr6x.jpeg

kavn0so9f5d7.jpeg
    I

Ya sometimes some dogs and cats are just chronic garbage disposals like this one had already had surgery for the same thing once before... I’m so glad our dogs and cats know better
  • slimgirljo15

tj08zvl8tr6x.jpeg

kavn0so9f5d7.jpeg
    I

Ya sometimes some dogs and cats are just chronic garbage disposals like this one had already had surgery for the same thing once before... I’m so glad our dogs and cats know better

My dogs have never eaten crap like that... thank god. You'd think they'd have been more careful about leaving stuff around after the first time it happened.
  • slimgirljo15
    My back hurts from driving all day ><

You need a massage.. ;)
  • AliNouveau
    where were you driving to?
  • AliNouveau
    does anyone wanna come over for burgers? I bought a lot of ground beef cause it was on sale so I have like a million burger patties. Then I decided I'd make the buns and forgot I had prepped my sour dough starter when I started making a different dough. so I've lots of buns too.
  • como_agua1
    como_agua1 Posts: 210 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    does anyone wanna come over for burgers? I bought a lot of ground beef cause it was on sale so I have like a million burger patties. Then I decided I'd make the buns and forgot I had prepped my sour dough starter when I started making a different dough. so I've lots of buns too.

i am so in on this! where are you! :D
  • como_agua1
    como_agua1 Posts: 210 Member
    edited February 2019
    there is a triple purple sunset outside my window. a pity i can't capture it sufficiently because there's 3 feet of snow outside and it's minus 100 outside..
    *not to be confused with a triple rainbow, man*

;)
  • AliNouveau
    ninap118 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »

i am so in on this! where are you! :D

I'm in Canada. Had enough dough for a loaf of bread szcybgrggmk8.jpg