Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    I have a hard time talking to strangers

I never know what to expect
  • JDubbs2
    JDubbs2 Posts: 3,789 Member
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    I have a hard time talking to strangers

I never know what to expect

Me too, or know what to say
  • pie_eyes
    That's part of my problem with getting a job

It's hard enough talking to strangers so obviously talking to a potential employer who's judging tone of voice and what you say and how you look and everything.

Extremely hard to get over that
  • ponybytail
    ponybytail Posts: 652 Member
    You just go at it not expecting anything... Then your not disappointed etc....
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I whole heartedly agree with the no expectations thing. I don't expect anything that way I am never disappointed. Believe it or not I am pretty shy too then find myself striking up odd conversations like I have situational tourettes and end up laughing at myself
  • JDubbs2
    JDubbs2 Posts: 3,789 Member
    I try to keep in mind that everybody has a story to tell, and we are all human. Nobody is better than anybody else.
  • ponybytail
    lauranorr wrote: »
    thats why i stick with the cashiers lol, they have to be nice

Pfft... I have met some of the rudest cashiers... No smile , bad attitude...

It's hard enough talking to strangers so obviously talking to a potential employer who's judging tone of voice and what you say and how you look and everything.

I used to feel so nervous because yes they are looking at everything your doing and saying. You have to bring your confidence up! Are you a good person?will you be polite and helpful? I imagine you would, have faith in you... Youll get a job.
  • pie_eyes
    lauranorr wrote: »

there is the saying.."Fake it till you make it" gotta fake the confident attitude for the potential employer and eventually you'll have it for real

Lol Idk how to fake confidence
  • RunHardBeStrong
    It's pretty easy, Pie. Hold your head high and walk in there like you know what you're doing.
  • ponybytail
    alypri wrote: »
    It's pretty easy, Pie. Hold your head high and walk in there like you know what you're doing.

Mhm what she said....
    How do you approach a woman?
  • pie_eyes
    I'm pretty bad on the phone too

Less I have a couple drinks
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Well don't drink before a job interview! Totally made me think of Raj on Big Bang though... can only talk to girls when he drinks!
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    alypri wrote: »
    Well don't drink before a job interview! Totally made me think of Raj on Big Bang though... can only talk to girls when he drinks!

Me too!! Great minds!!
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Sup everyone? Anyone alive in here?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    I'm pretty bad on the phone too

Less I have a couple drinks

I hate talking on the phone
    And i used to be shy and can revert back to that but I am good at fighting it.
    I figured when I turned like 20 people will think what they want about me but I'm happy with who I am so be confident.

And I'm alive. Just came in here though and about to leave for the pool

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    I think I might go swimming when I get home today too. It'll still be ~85 degrees out