Women - menstrual cycle, weight, and fitness matters

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Do any of you find that exercise triggers your period to start or causes really heavy flows?

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This needs more bumps.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I'm curious if any ladies have super regular periods.. Mine come every 25 days between the hours of 9:30-10:30am, without fail every month.

Yep. I can't count it to the hour, but I know it will likely pop up. Mine come about every 32 days.

:smile:

I've noticed many women have them between 28 and 30 days. Am I the outlier with a 25 day cycle?

nope, 23-25 days for me. so sometimes i get the lovely bonus of 2 in one month. fun times blood bath. also, they are so heavy and brutal that my doctor thinks it's a main contributor to my anemia.

edited for typos
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    this probably explains my up and down weight this last week.
    since last friday id started slowly going up by 0.1/1kg every other day (plus my brother wedding on saturday with lots of drinking)
    by tuesaday i was up to 92.5kg......came on last night and this morning im down to 89.9kg

i dont think I lost 2.6kg (5.7lbs) of FAT in 3 days LOL so im guessing/hoping the weight going on was just water etc due to being due on and it wooshed off afte I actually came on??
  • Machka9
    Options
    Just when things were sort of almost normal after having a large polyp removed, I've now been diagnosed with a haemorrhagic ovarian cyst which is wreaking havoc on my cycle.

Funny thing is, I've been logging my periods (which are now coming about once every 2 weeks with spotting in between), in Clue and Period Tracker, and Clue has me ovulating every 2 weeks. :lol:

I can't wait for menopause!!!!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

I'm not so sure about that. I hear menopause brings all different sorts of problems, lol.
  • locadeatar
    locadeatar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, I recently stepped on my scale and it showed a 1.5 kg weight gain in only one week. Also feel tenderness in my breasts and bloated in general. It freaked me out because I'm in the middle of my cycle.
    Turns out it's the first time I'm ovulating in some time due to a thyroid condition. I have Hashimotos, have had it since I was 9 and I recently had to change my meds. That switch has caused absolute havoc in my system, I've stalled on my weight loss and have had other problems related to my thyroid, but it seems as though the new medication is finally kicking in.
    Good to know that ovulation can also affect the numbers on the scale and it's not my fault haha
  • Machka9
    Options

I'm not so sure about that. I hear menopause brings all different sorts of problems, lol.

If I can finally stop bleeding, I'll deal with whatever else comes along.

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

Lol. Fair enough.
  • Machka9
    Options

Lol. Fair enough.

:)

I'm already dealing with 101 perimenopause symptoms including but not limited to hot flashes, night sweats, and dizziness in the day or two leading up to my periods. Weird calf and foot cramps (especially at night). About a year of adult acne ... that was so much fun. About 18 months of ... well, what can best be described as the moods and rage etc. of PMS, I guess. Every day, not just before my periods. Fortunately that has settled down quite a bit. And I can't use HRT at all, so I've been finding other ways to deal with everything with variable success.

My gynaecologist thinks I've been in perimenopause since about 2011 or so, and 18 months ago, he guessed that I should have about 3 years to go. I am more than ready to be done! There will be dancing in the streets!!!
  • pjohnson0787
    pjohnson0787 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Anyone have EXTREMELY IRREGULAR PERIODS? Or does anyone have any advice/tips on regulating? I turned 29 this month. My periods are very bad. When i was a teen they came fairly on time. I had my 1st child in 2005. After having him my period came rare. I was on and off Birth control pills which worked as long as i was taking them, but as soon as i stopped taking them my period did as well. I did not like taking the BC. in 2011 i was taking a vitamin and my period showed up after years of not having one. I became pregnant in 2011. Then same story had my son and didnt even have 1 period. Then in 2014 i started taking the vitamins again it worked after a few months then became pregnant with my daughter in 2014. Now once again im in the same situation i have not had not even 1 period scince having my daughter in 7/2015. I have been taking vitamins and it so far is not doing anything. I hate taking vitamins. Does anyone have any ideas to why this is happening?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Anyone have EXTREMELY IRREGULAR PERIODS? Or does anyone have any advice/tips on regulating? I turned 29 this month. My periods are very bad. When i was a teen they came fairly on time. I had my 1st child in 2005. After having him my period came rare. I was on and off Birth control pills which worked as long as i was taking them, but as soon as i stopped taking them my period did as well. I did not like taking the BC. in 2011 i was taking a vitamin and my period showed up after years of not having one. I became pregnant in 2011. Then same story had my son and didnt even have 1 period. Then in 2014 i started taking the vitamins again it worked after a few months then became pregnant with my daughter in 2014. Now once again im in the same situation i have not had not even 1 period scince having my daughter in 7/2015. I have been taking vitamins and it so far is not doing anything. I hate taking vitamins. Does anyone have any ideas to why this is happening?

You should probably talk to a doctor. No one here can explain this for you.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

This.

Not being a doctor i or anyone here could not even begin to diagnose what is wrong with you. This really isnt a question for internet people, make an appointment with your doctor
  • pjohnson0787
    pjohnson0787 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

This.

Not being a doctor i or anyone here could not even begin to diagnose what is wrong with you. This really isnt a question for internet people, make an appointment with your doctor

I was just trying to see if anyone else have a similar problem and what did they do.
    Ive been to the doctors already, they only come up with 2 answers- lose weight and take birth control pills.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »
    I'm curious if any ladies have super regular periods.. Mine come every 25 days between the hours of 9:30-10:30am, without fail every month.

Yep. I can't count it to the hour, but I know it will likely pop up. Mine come about every 32 days.

:smile:

I've noticed many women have them between 28 and 30 days. Am I the outlier with a 25 day cycle?

I used to have mine every 21 days like clockwork. So annoying. But they were never extremely heavy and usually only lasted 4 days max.

Fast forward to perimenopause and endometriosis. Horrid.

I've had endo most of my life and my cycles were regular but awful...7-10 days with flu like symptoms and very heavy. I've had Morena now for almost 12 years to help manage it and have started perimenopause in the last 2 years. Now I randomly spot and have the bloating and cramps most days.
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Great thread. :) I don't typically get a larger appetite during my menstrual cycle. I eat what I always eat and I don't go over my calorie limit. And as far as water retention, I don't notice that either. I weigh myself once every two weeks and never when I'm on my period. I wait 4-5 days after maybe longer if needed just in case there maybe any water retention. So I'm sure I have water retention but I just don't notice it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

This.

I was just trying to see if anyone else have a similar problem and what did they do.
    Ive been to the doctors already, they only come up with 2 answers- lose weight and take birth control pills.

Are you very overweight?
  • domgibson88
    domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Does anyone get fevers on their period??I do, for about 3 days leading up to it my body temp goes up and I am constantly either freezing, or sweating bullets in very short periods of time..and I feel weak..this seems pretty extreme but it happens at the exact same time every month...