Women - menstrual cycle, weight, and fitness matters

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Does anyone get fevers on their period??I do, for about 3 days leading up to it my body temp goes up and I am constantly either freezing, or sweating bullets in very short periods of time..and I feel weak..this seems pretty extreme but it happens at the exact same time every month...

No...but at this point I wouldn't be surprised by ANY kind of symptom before my period.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,859 Member
    Options
    Does anyone get fevers on their period??I do, for about 3 days leading up to it my body temp goes up and I am constantly either freezing, or sweating bullets in very short periods of time..and I feel weak..this seems pretty extreme but it happens at the exact same time every month...

Some women use temperature to determine their fertile times ... either to get pregnant or as a birth control method. So the body temperature does seem to fluctuate depending on what's happening with the female cycle.

For several years, I got really dizzy about 1-2 days before my periods started. Thankfully, that has died off and now it only happens maybe every 3rd or 4th month.

• FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • yoplait311
    yoplait311 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I lost my period 2 years back. It came back 2 months ago (yay!) but I missed my cycle this month. Bummed. I've been upping calories and focusing on good fats... But no period (and I'm not on birth control) really freaks me out :/
  • arditarose
    Options
    yoplait311 wrote: »
    I lost my period 2 years back. It came back 2 months ago (yay!) but I missed my cycle this month. Bummed. I've been upping calories and focusing on good fats... But no period (and I'm not on birth control) really freaks me out :/

Do you know why you lost it?

How many grams of fat do you get per day? How many calories?
  • yoplait311
    Options
    No idea why I lost it.. Possibly due to stress / poor adrenals / over exercise.
    I'm around 1900-2400 cals a day with 60ish grams of fat.
  • arditarose
    Options
    No idea why I lost it.. Possibly due to stress / poor adrenals / over exercise.
    I'm around 1900-2400 cals a day with 60ish grams of fat.

Oh. Those are good cals and decent amount of fat. Hope things straighten out for you. I've lost mine, but only for a month or so, because of low fat and calories.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If it was gone for nearly 2 years maybe it hasn't stabilized yet? But the calories could be doing it too. In my experience it can take several months of consistently eating at maintenance for it to return. Are you eating at maintenance now?
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for the information.
  • yoplait311
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    If it was gone for nearly 2 years maybe it hasn't stabilized yet? But the calories could be doing it too. In my experience it can take several months of consistently eating at maintenance for it to return. Are you eating at maintenance now?

Actually no :neutral:
    I do workout a lot and I'm still in a deficit most days...

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Actually no :neutral:
    I do workout a lot and I'm still in a deficit most days...

I'd suggest eating at maintenance for several months. Once you're in the lost period/heavy exercise loop even a slight deficit can make your period disappear. (Speaking from personal experience.)
  • Machka9
    Options
    Bump again ...
  • Machka9
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Oops, duplicate.
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    hannydeee wrote: »
    Excellent thread! I have been beginning to notice how my weight changes throughout my cycle and it makes it a lot easier to cope with the stalls when you know there's a whoosh coming up soon!

To those who were asking about apps for tracking your cycle, I use Clue https://www.helloclue.com
    It has a beautiful interface and allows you to track anything and everything you need. There's even a section for inputting your weight.

Coming late to this one...

But Clue is so good I tried a few others but Clue beat them out of the water. It's useful to track a whole bunch of 'womens issues'. I started tracking after I had my Implant removed even though my cycle is 25-32 days Clue is fairly accurate at predicting and has made my stalls and weight gain premensturally much less stressful. Like this week :unamused:

Also @kshama2001 that YouTube video was really interesting
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

I can't wait for menopause!!!!

I'm not so sure about that. I hear menopause brings all different sorts of problems, lol.

If I can finally stop bleeding, I'll deal with whatever else comes along.

52934792.jpg

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

I'm not so sure about that. I hear menopause brings all different sorts of problems, lol.

Lol. Fair enough.

:)

I'm already dealing with 101 perimenopause symptoms including but not limited to hot flashes, night sweats, and dizziness in the day or two leading up to my periods. Weird calf and foot cramps (especially at night). About a year of adult acne ... that was so much fun. About 18 months of ... well, what can best be described as the moods and rage etc. of PMS, I guess. Every day, not just before my periods. Fortunately that has settled down quite a bit. And I can't use HRT at all, so I've been finding other ways to deal with everything with variable success.

My gynaecologist thinks I've been in perimenopause since about 2011 or so, and 18 months ago, he guessed that I should have about 3 years to go. I am more than ready to be done! There will be dancing in the streets!!!

I'm almost 50 and with the possible exception of briskly growing fibroids I have Not One Single Symptom of perimenopause. Come on hot flashes!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Lol. Fair enough.

:)

I'm already dealing with 101 perimenopause symptoms including but not limited to hot flashes, night sweats, and dizziness in the day or two leading up to my periods. Weird calf and foot cramps (especially at night). About a year of adult acne ... that was so much fun. About 18 months of ... well, what can best be described as the moods and rage etc. of PMS, I guess. Every day, not just before my periods. Fortunately that has settled down quite a bit. And I can't use HRT at all, so I've been finding other ways to deal with everything with variable success.

My gynaecologist thinks I've been in perimenopause since about 2011 or so, and 18 months ago, he guessed that I should have about 3 years to go. I am more than ready to be done! There will be dancing in the streets!!!

I'm almost 50 and with the possible exception of briskly growing fibroids I have Not One Single Symptom of perimenopause. Come on hot flashes!

Not every woman experiences symptoms. My mum didn't even know she was going through menopause. She found after getting blood tests done.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Menstrual_cycle.jpg

So, according to this image, this woman would be at her heaviest weight on day 28 of her cycle, and it would be gone around day 5. You're gaining weight as your cycle continues and lose that weight during menstruation. Did I understand that right?

It could be interesting to keep track of my weight daily and see how my cycle influences it, even though I'm using the pill. (Really like it, because now I know when I'm getting my menstruation.)
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This month I found that it was around ovulation that I held water weight, although my weight has stalled the last three days of my period, but that's three days so hardly a stall anyway!