Ever loved somebody...

Options

Replies

• nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yeeeeep.

Except mine went on for a year. Good times :drinker:

Learn from it and move on. These *kitten* will get the karma they deserve.
  • Farah_akbar
    Farah_akbar Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Yes and I agreeeee with you @ sparky
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    We were together about 6 months.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally mate ... Some women have heavy issues that will probably affect all their relationships. Move on

Good advice.

8488541.png
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yes and I agreeeee with you @ sparky

:)
  • hollyc_612
    hollyc_612 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My relationship came to an end today. Knew we were having problems but didn't think it would happen this quickly and by phone. He is coming to move his stuff out tomorrow night. I'm left with all the bills and responsibility etc. Read some other posts and advice. Hope it gets better. Don't know how to tell my 6 year old though. . . =( At least you tried. Better of without these kind of people.
  • jppd47
    Options
    Oh man :(.
    Your right though, probably better off in the long run. Stay strong!
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    when i split with my ex, 10+ years ago, i made a conscious choice not to let any bf get too close to my kids. i did it because my mother dated an unpleasant creep when i lived at home and i wanted them to feel like home was a haven, but in hindsight it saved them a lot of heartbreak.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    tell us some more about this cold heartless girl

Never said she was heartless, just sucks to find out about her commitment problems after I loved her.

Meh, time heals all wounds right
    absolutely :)
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Ever loved somebody and have them flip a 180 one day and just say they dont want it any more?
    Then find out they have a history of commitment problems and run away when things get serious.
    Then have them lead you on for 2 months?

feeling sucks

Sorry I normally left them before that could happen.

Ok ok seriously though. It sucks sorry bro. Hit the gym lift those feelings out.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I was married 13 years, my ex met someone she thought was a billionaire and I was kicked out of the house a week later. She said the two things had nothing to do with each other , that we were drifting apart and had different goals, but I was under the impression things were going fairly well. He turned out to be no where near that well off , then his company went under and last I heard he was broke. I found this rather amusing.
    the Karma in this situation is excellent
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    No, I have a little more pride then to let someone treat me like a piece of *kitten* because I'm stupid enough to fall in love. I fell in love with a man that deserves it, and we both work damn hard to maintain it. I didn't run around romanticizing constantly about being in love, and hoping that one day it would happen. If you let her treat you like that, she's going to continue to treat you like that. How about you grab some confidence and stop being a door mat?

Hope you've learned to be a little more cautious now...maybe get to know them before you confess your love
    God help the next woman he dates if he listens to this...I hate this advice above. He was brave to give his heart away - that is where the risk is. He didn't do anything wrong.
    I hope no one ever has to leave you for you to learn that you don't always know who is going to break your heart. You trust and you give your heart away - that is being brave.
  • jppd47
    Options

Sorry I normally left them before that could happen.

Ok ok seriously though. It sucks sorry bro. Hit the gym lift those feelings out.

lol, yeah im getting back into things!

Getting off my heartbreak diet, lost some weight, strength and muscle :(
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yeah. My husband of 19 years just left out of the blue for someone 15 years younger than he is. Totally blindsided.

Husband = moron on many levels.

OP, I agree that it sucks but I also agree with posters saying it is better you found out sooner and not later, or after marriage, mutual debt, kids etc. came along.
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    No I've never been in love, been married, or had kids yet. Trying to love my body before I love a man.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've said it before, I'll say it again:

Sometimes people just suck.

^This. I'm sorry this happened to you OP. I'm sure you'll meet the perfect person soon enough, and it'll take you by surprise. :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the person who says this, but....

I was that person who did that to someone else. I did not lead him on afterwards, but I did just cut and run when I realized things were serious - to the detriment of destroying my own marriage. It was cruel. I, personally, was not mentally well at the time, but that is not and will never be an excuse for what I did.

I know it won't help you feel a whole lot better, but please know sometimes we do figure out what we did was wrong. With luck, the next one will already know that when you get to her. Life's too short to spend with people who are still figuring that out.

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Mr_Competitive
    Options
    Yeah I but it didnt work out.... I'll stick to luv'n myself for now :)
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Yeah I but it didnt work out.... I'll stick to luv'n myself for now :)

Awww...
  • _NautiBuoy_
    _NautiBuoy_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Have you tried buying a case of ramen noodles removing all the flavor pouches, then pouring them into her shower head so when she gets in the shower she gets dose of "chicken". I realize it doesn't mend any fences, but you will go to sleep with a smile.