Ever loved somebody...

Options
1235»

Replies

• robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    OP, sorry about your misfortune. Often at times these people show signs of this behavior very early into a relationship. Learn to spot the flags and run away. The inexperienced get the idea that treating damaged people very well will help fix their issues and then live happily ever after. The truth is that almost everyone who dates them are usually doing the same thing. Once the damaged person gets to the same point in each relationship they move on and the cycle starts over.

People who don't carry baggage from their previous relationships often have few negative aspects to say about them (if at all). These are the people that accept life's challenges and move on. Finding a nice lady (or gentleman) who doesn't bring up and discuss having a bad past is often a good sign.
  • Ninguneado73
    Ninguneado73 Posts: 832
    Options
    Yeah. My husband of 19 years just left out of the blue for someone 15 years younger than he is. Totally blindsided.

call me old fashioned but, men who do this deserve my contempt...("sorry" if I offend someone) ..plus, he has to be blind to leave a beautiful woman like you
  • Ninguneado73
    Ninguneado73 Posts: 832
    Options
    Ever loved somebody and have them flip a 180 one day and just say they dont want it any more?
    Then find out they have a history of commitment problems and run away when things get serious.
    Then have them lead you on for 2 months?

feeling sucks

this, almost exactly, happened to me too years ago...
  • Adren_Aline
    Options
    OP, sorry about your misfortune. Often at times these people show signs of this behavior very early into a relationship. Learn to spot the flags and run away. The inexperienced get the idea that treating damaged people very well will help fix their issues and then live happily ever after. The truth is that almost everyone who dates them are usually doing the same thing. Once the damaged person gets to the same point in each relationship they move on and the cycle starts over.

People who don't carry baggage from their previous relationships often have few negative aspects to say about them (if at all). These are the people that accept life's challenges and move on. Finding a nice lady (or gentleman) who doesn't bring up and discuss having a bad past is often a good sign.

This is some of the best advice I have read in any forum. It fits my situation, I ended a bad marriage then became involved with someone from MFP. I gave up my material possessions, my job, and moved 1500 miles for her. Only to have her do a 180 within 1 month of my arrival. I tried to excuse the behavior as growing pains but I was lying to myself. She slept on the couch nearly every night, there was no sex for 7 months, no I love you. Then she told me it wasn't working, I agreed and told her I would leave, so I made plans to do that and a couple of days before I left she sent me an email asking ne to reconsider staying. I left anyway!