Craving sugar constantly, fruits not cutting it!

Options
EVCbeth1978
EVCbeth1978 Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2016 in Recipes
Suggestions? Recipe?

Replies

• MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've got three options to reccomend. Take a look at your calorie goals and fit in whatever desserts you want for a day. Stick to the plan. OR

Let the craving subside. Plan on having a dessert tomorrow. Pick something you really want and tell yourself you'll have it for breakfast only. Chances are you probably won't want it when you wake up.

Third option would be to make tasty little "healthy" dessert like 2 ingredient cookies, coconut date balls, Popsicles, yogurt bowls, etc and work those into daily diet.
  • MissV973
    MissV973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Take a detox that will clean your digestive track and eliminate any "buddies" you don't want helped I don't crave any more.
  • EVCbeth1978
    EVCbeth1978 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I cut flour and sugar from my diet, I think dates and sweet healthy treats occasionally is a great idea Minmolnk.

I'll also look into detox, thank you both.
  • dsadburrito
    dsadburrito Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A detox will not help. Detox's are stupid and unnecessary, you have a liver for a reason.

When I want something sweet I make some quick cookie dough. It makes a couple of tablespoons and is really tasty.

10g butter
    10g rolled oats, crushed between your fingers
    12g brown sugar
    splash of vanilla

Put everything in a bowl and smush it all together with the back of a spoon. It's a crumbly mixture but it's really tasty! Comes out to 154 calories. You can add 10g of PB2 or chocolate chips for an extra kick.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I love these.

http://detoxinista.com/2014/07/the-healthiest-cookies-ever-paleo-vegan/

I do make them without the chocolate (just because I don't love chocolate). They are not low in calories but they're very nutritious. I individually wrap and freeze them.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Hershey's dark chocolate kisses are my savior. I can eat two or three to satisfy the sweet tooth without going overboard.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I take a big apple cinnamon rice cake, top it with peanut butter, and sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on there. It fixes my sweettooth and gives me the satisfying "crunch".
  • Ifitfits
    Ifitfits Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Why cut out sugar though? I don't believe in cutting things out that you enjoy
  • GeneralRob
    GeneralRob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For me, I have a bottle of delicious maple syrup I keep in the fridge. When I'm craving something sugary, I'll drink a small teaspoon full of this wonderful stuff. A teaspoon of maple syrup is not very many calories and it virtually destroys the sugar craving. Try it. Honey might work too.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I like eating a bit of yogurt when I crave sweets at night.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I've been haunted by phantom vanilla scents for about twelve hours now. I'll put a little in my oatmeal this morning.

How about a stevia sweetened tea?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Naplady7 wrote: »
    Take a detox that will clean your digestive track and eliminate any "buddies" you don't want helped I don't crave any more.

Terrible idea. Your body is fully equipped to detox itself. If your body isn't doing the job adequately then get to a doctor immediately.

Eat sugar. Make it fit into your calories and macros. I eat a handful of M&Ms every single day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't understand craving 'sugar'. What exactly do you crave? Have some of that... if I have a piece of chocolate when I crave a cookie, I end up eating the chocolate AND the cookie. If I just have a cookie, I'm fine, happy, and I can move on...
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I will eat dates and walnuts together. Sometimes I will eat cookies, but limited to a serving. Dates are 110 calories for 40 grams.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't understand craving 'sugar'. What exactly do you crave? Have some of that... if I have a piece of chocolate when I crave a cookie, I end up eating the chocolate AND the cookie. If I just have a cookie, I'm fine, happy, and I can move on...
    +1
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I make banana "milkshakes" with a frozen banana, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and some chocolate milk flavoring drops. Super good and low cal. I also like steaming and chopping some peeled apple into small cubes and seasoning with cinnamon and serve on a cinnamon graham cracker. It's like mock apple pie.
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
  • bellasnowwhitechick84
    Options
    I make smoothies
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I cut flour and sugar from my diet, I think dates and sweet healthy treats occasionally is a great idea Minmolnk.

I'll also look into detox, thank you both.

wow, cutting flour, sugar, and a detox are totally unnecessary for anything health or fitness related.

You can lose weight and meet your body comp goals all while eating sugar, flour, etc; just make sure that you stay in your calorie target and hit your micro and macro requirements...
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I crave fat and carbs not sweets so much. I go to fffat yogurt and fruit with bread or crackers torn into it. Or strawberry shortcake with cream. Peanut butter on toast or crackers or any type of nut butter in full fat yogurt. You could add any sweetener to those, like a teaspoon of honey or stevia if you needed it sweeter.