APRIL 2016 walk/run/jog/bike or step challenge

Options
jeanniewes
jeanniewes Posts: 3,634 Member
April is upon us! ONCE AGAIN we chose our own challenge. You can walk, run, jog, bike or just count steps. :)

The GOAL is too set a goal a bit above what you think you can do and go for it! I do hope too see my 'oldeis' as well as more newbies! We have a GREAT SUPPORT GROUP and I am very honored too be part of it.....THANK YOU..... <3

Hope too see you here!!!!! <3

Replies

• jeanniewes
    Options
    Since I met 115 walking Miles in March I'm gonna set my goal at least 110 Miles since we will also lose a day in April....
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My goal will be to walk 50+ miles in April, considering I am just under 300lb, on sedating medication for bipolar and dislocated my knee last year I think that is as big a challenge as I can set myself.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yay! I've been waiting for April since I wasn't around to join in March. Haha
    I'll go with the standard 100 miles as my first goal. :grin:
  • montanahuckleberry
    montanahuckleberry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • rccsinger
    rccsinger Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Since I passed my goal of 125 miles I think I will try for 165 miles in april
  • megmo1985
    megmo1985 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group and would love to join. My first month of tracking on fitbit said I got 138.5 miles in. I will set my goal at 150 miles for April. Looking forward to getting to know all of you! What are the rules? Do we just come back and report on our progress? Thanks!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I'm still shooting for that 100 miles. You guys are putting me to shame with your targets!!!

@megmo1985 you make your own rules. Your target is your own and you can hit it however you please, it can be minutes, miles, cycling, walking, dancing. Post as you go, some of us show exciting humungous bike rides with pictures of amazing Tazzie countryside, others tells tales of derring do, beer-based escapades and madcap schemes, others are content with just reporting in.

As long as we support each other and motivate ourselves, that's the important bit!!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    300 bike miles (because I'll be on vacation for a week and not have time to ride) plus 25 hiking miles plus 1 night in the backcountry.

Don't care about walking.
  • UnkyTimFU
    UnkyTimFU Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'll be going for 100 indoor and 100 outdoor miles so... 200 miles in total.

See you all tomorrow.

B)
  • ddadoodle
    ddadoodle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to these challenges.Been logging food on the app on and off for quite a while , but hoping this will motivate me & help to keep my weight steady rather than yo-Yo-ing .
    I'm going to use my Fitbit to log steps , aiming for 400,000 for the month.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    me again too!

My targets this time:

30 mins minimum - every day this time
    45 mins plus - as many as poss
    400 plus cal burn twice a week -

Roughly that is 75 mins walking, 40 mins swim plus walking to/from pool or 55 mins bike ride. I want to get my more intensive fitness stuff going again now out of latest boring relapse.

All goals CFS health permitting. But I have found I can do my minimum 30 mins in 2 or 3 chunks when I'm not feeling so good - and it really helps at lots of levels - you might find the same O'Warrior? Welcome new people!
  • kristincornelius
    kristincornelius Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Would like more friends on fitbit cristinnicol@aol.com
  • campingma
    campingma Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in. Truly going to challenge myself and go for 150 miles: walking, exercise bike, walking, rowing machine, and more walking.
  • jmo7748
    jmo7748 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! 100mi for me.
  • bigroastdinner
    bigroastdinner Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm back again :)

By some miracle I reached just over 1,500 minutes last month so I think I will set this as my target for April. It'll be tough as I only have 9 Zumba classes in April (too many cancellations due to exams being held in the building :( ). But that along with trying to do 30 mins per day of activity and I might make it! Just got to get off my lazy butt on those rest days!

Remaining Minutes to Goal - 1,500
  • andyroe1
    andyroe1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in for 100 miles - great idea!!
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm in, will set my goal at 400 miles.

Totals-
    Jan. miles - 170.5 bike
    Feb. miles- 245.25 bike
    March miles- 409.78 bike

Total for 2016- 826.56 bike
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OLDIES AND NEWBIES! lol......but I <3 it!

400 miles Steve! REALLY? lol...... I'm tired just thinking about it.... :)

Rain has stopped. Sun coming out. In hopes of a very fruitful day!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE....... :) AND BE BLESSED! <3
  • itzeathefinest
    itzeathefinest Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm In!

Goal walking miles: 200
    Goal biking miles: 150

Best of luck everyone!
  • ddadoodle
    ddadoodle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Day 1 has gone well over 15,000 steps done so far ,towards my 400k goal