April 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• zoe2434
    zoe2434 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Knocked out a solid 3 miles last night, which isn't much compared to some, but I'm proud of! Used my 10K training app for half my time, and then decided I wanted to keep going, so I went another 1.2 miles on my own. Slow and steady :smile:

4/1: 1.25 miles
    4/2: Rest
    4/3: Rest
    4/4: 3.0 miles

exercise.png
  • fitntoned001
    fitntoned001 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    4/1- 1.1 km rest day
    4/2 - 1.4 km rest
    4/3 - 3,9 km
    4/4 - 6.6 km
    4/5 - 6.1 km

exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    4/1- Rest
    4/2- 6 miles
    4/3- 4 miles
    4/4 rest
    4/5-4 4 miles

Total: 14/60.

Notes on today's run: Finally got a run that was closer to where I should be for HR. 53% of the time in Zone 4 Threshold, and 47% in Zone 3, Aerobic. Wasn't feeling great this morning, so I was surprised that my HR zones were like that. Average and Max HR were within 2-3bpm as compares to most runs, so I am thinking I have been riding the bottom of Zone 4 on my runs, will have to do some geeky data analysis to see.

As a side note, the HR zone information from Garmin and Strava is different enough that I'm not sure which one I trust.....
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    April

1-no run yet, maybe later
    2-13.2mi
    3-nothing
    4-nothing
    5-5.35

exercise.png

• rebkah121402
    rebkah121402 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Glad I found this challenge! Hope it helps me stay accountable.

exercise.png

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for April
    4/1 REST DAY
    4/2 14.3 miles - 14.3 <<< 13.1 HM + 1.2 warmup
    4/3 REST DAY
    4/4 4.2 miles - 18.5 << will try and get a second lunch time run in
    4/4 4.0 miles - 22.5 << daily double, 3E +1HMP
    4/5 8 miles - 30.5

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler - 6/25

• Stoshew71
    Options

exercise.png

Welcome @rebkah121402

Just keep checking this thread even if you don't run that day. The spirit and commaradre in this group will guilt make you feel excited to get right out there.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    First challenge! I'm committing to 25 miles this month, not including all of the mileage I already walk at work. Don't wanna over do it and seems like a small number but I am not active at all unless I'm working so this will be a good starting point for me!

Welcome. No number too small or too large. Glad to have you with us.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    April Running Challenge

3rd April - 13.1 miles - Half PB 2:04:35
    5th April - 2.43 miles

MTD - 15.53/65 miles

Upcoming races:
    8th May - Run Hackney Half Marathon
    2nd Oct - Tonbridge Half Marathon
    30th Oct - River Thames Half Marathon
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    4/1 - 3.5 miles on indoor track + weights/abs
    4/2 - Life day
    4/3 - 10 miles. Very windy.
    4/4 - Rest day.
    4/5 - 4 miles on the treadmill, then weights/abs.

exercise.png
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Done!

W8D3 of C25K in the books! Officially graduated! Can't believe I went from nothing in January to running 30 minutes straight. I'm not fast, its not pretty, but I can get from Point A to Point B without stopping. I just need to work on adding a bit more distance to officially call it a 5K, but it's right there!

Now to find a race somewhere...

exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    First challenge! I'm committing to 25 miles this month, not including all of the mileage I already walk at work. Don't wanna over do it and seems like a small number but I am not active at all unless I'm working so this will be a good starting point for me!
    Welcome! sounds like you have a good plan for the month, no mileage is too small or too large, it's all about pounding the pavement/gravel/dirt/concrete...

exercise.png
    This group is good for that, check in often, even on rest days, and you'll find a lot of great people
    Done!

W8D3 of C25K in the books! Officially graduated! Can't believe I went from nothing in January to running 30 minutes straight. I'm not fast, its not pretty, but I can get from Point A to Point B without stopping. I just need to work on adding a bit more distance to officially call it a 5K, but it's right there!

Now to find a race somewhere...

exercise.png
    Great job @brian_gunther! keep it up!
  • CChen8520
    CChen8520 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    OMG guys!!!!

Thought I was doing W7D1 today but I pushed through the 5K mark! 36 minutes non-stop. Super proud :smiley:
    I will keep running 5K for the rest 2 weeks lets see how that goes!

exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    CChen8520 wrote: »
    OMG guys!!!!

Thought I was doing W7D1 today but I pushed through the 5K mark! 36 minutes non-stop. Super proud :smiley:

exercise.png

SWEET! congrats on just pushing through!
  • pcarvalho3
    pcarvalho3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What should or should not eat before a 10am 10k race? It's probably going to be cold, around 34F. It's my first 10k so I'm kind of stressed.
  • UnsafePrune
    UnsafePrune Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just found this group, and would like to commit myself to 25 miles this month. Seeing as how I haven't started yet (didn't run at all since mid-March), I'm a bit behind the eight ball, but I think I can do it. I do a summer 5k every year in July and every year I say I want to be faster/run more (and walk less) during the race and every year it doesn't really happen. So, I'd like to try to make this year different. All I can do it work toward a goal. Right now, that's run more regularly and aim for 25 miles this month.

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    pcarvalho3 wrote: »
    What should or should not eat before a 10am 10k race? It's probably going to be cold, around 34F. It's my first 10k so I'm kind of stressed.

Eat some carbs 2 hours before the race. Example banana and 2 TBS peanut butter. Or an apple and half a bagel with PB. But, you shouldn't eat anything that you never ate before. Eat only familuar foods that you know won't upset your stomach. My last race on Saturday, I ate a baked potato.

Main thing is to relax and have fun and don't start too fast. Line up with people that you think will finish the race the same time as you (i.e. don't line up too close to the front where the fast kids are).
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    CChen8520 wrote: »
    OMG guys!!!!

exercise.png

Congratulations. way to go!
  • pcarvalho3
    pcarvalho3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

Eat some carbs 2 hours before the race. Example banana and 2 TBS peanut butter. Or an apple and half a bagel with PB. But, you shouldn't eat anything that you never ate before. Eat only familuar foods that you know won't upset your stomach. My last race on Saturday, I ate a baked potato.

Main thing is to relax and have fun and don't start too fast. Line up with people that you think will finish the race the same time as you (i.e. don't line up too close to the front where the fast kids are).

Thank so much, you're awesome!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

@pcarvalho3 this ^^^ I get so nervous before a race I very seldom eat, I hate to admit when I do it's a pop tart but I'm weird like that. So listen to @stoshew71 and not me. You'll love the 10K distance in a race. Good luck