Which "QUOTE" has helped you in this journey?

Options

Replies

• Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The race doesn't always go to the swift, but to those that keep on running...........
  • saraAmcd
    saraAmcd Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My quote for life and this adventure is
    "Just do the next right thing"..... I don't need worry about everything (past and future) I just have to step up and do the next right thing

Makes me think of Elisabeth Elliot.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

saraAmcd wrote: »
    My quote for life and this adventure is
    "Just do the next right thing"..... I don't need worry about everything (past and future) I just have to step up and do the next right thing

Makes me think of Elisabeth Elliot.

Makes me think of sitting in an Al Anon meeting. Which is one of my favorite places to be, btw.

I love this thread. I'm printing out a few of these and putting them where I can see them. You guys rock.

Edited because I double quoted.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Another good one:

"Life is a shipwreck - but don't forget to sing in the lifeboat~~"

Doesn't really apply to weight loss I guess but to life in general.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    This post is great and I've starred it for daily inspiration. I actually have started the habit of sharing a quote a day on my mfp status and my friends are liking it. I base it off what I need each day... today it's this:

“Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” ~Earl Nightingale
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Success is 25% exercise and 75% diet. I needed to learn this!
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Trust the process!
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    tcmccwpcaxu6.jpg

• rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Looking for a motivational quotes has one major flaw...It means you're looking for motivation, which is fleeting. Look to make habits and you'll never need motivation again.
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    rickyll wrote: »
    Looking for a motivational quotes has one major flaw...It means you're looking for motivation, which is fleeting. Look to make habits and you'll never need motivation again.

Sometimes these things are needed when having a particularly tough day. Nothing wrong with that. On top of good habits, it's important to know how to be self-motivating. There have been times at the gym where my body says STOP but I channel some Aaaahhhhnold and KEEP GOING!! The quotes can be like little mantras you say to yourself when you step on the scale and found you gained a pound when you've done everything right, or when your bosses bring in boxes of donuts and you don't have room in your day for that.

True dat.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    brigg9 wrote: »
    "Suffer the pain of discipline, or suffer the pain of regret."

OUUuhhHHHHh I like this !
  • besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Being overweight is hard, losing weight is hard, maintaining weight is hard. Pick your hard.

My 4 rules when I started, which still hold true:
    Eat smarter
    Eat healthier
    Eat less
    Move more.
  • asteriskthat
    asteriskthat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    MuriTR wrote: »
    "It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs." - Jillian Michaels.

I love this! Especially because it applies to everything in life, not just fitness.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!