Which "QUOTE" has helped you in this journey?

Options

Replies

• Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great"

"If I give up now I will soon be back to where I started......and when I started out, I so desperately wanted to be where I am today"
  • rufus_187
    rufus_187 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A lot of what CT says motivates me. I'm not the type to want happy/cheery types when I'm working out. I've worked with a few trainers and physical therapists, aalways tell them I'm looking for someone to push me. I don't want pity and I'm not giving any excuses.

AHsYZXN.jpg
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The journey is hard.
    The journey is long .
    But the journey is worth it.

This gets me through every day.
  • sanamm22
    sanamm22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is a mind game
    change ur mind
    change ur body :)
  • Avalynn30
    Avalynn30 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    "Burn the ships."

I'm finding this very motivational right now. It came from an online Muscle and Fitness article about the workout of Tom Hopper and the cast of Black Sails and their gym's motto of "Burn the ships.". It's about not looking back and only going forward. So I'm not worrying about the starts and stops of the past and focusing on making sustainable changes going forward.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    rickyll wrote: »
    Looking for a motivational quotes has one major flaw...It means you're looking for motivation, which is fleeting. Look to make habits and you'll never need motivation again.
    rickyll wrote: »
    Looking for a motivational quotes has one major flaw...It means you're looking for motivation, which is fleeting. Look to make habits and you'll never need motivation again.

Amen
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound silly and kind of wrong at first, by hear me out. The dance coach in Bring It On said

"Imagine what you usually eat. Now divide that in half. This is called a diet."

Obviously, those girls didn't need to go on diets, dieting that way can be harmful, especially for teenagers, etc, etc, but it kind of blew my mind because at the time I was trying to over-engineer my eating and exercise regimen when really, it is as simple as eating less = losing weight.

Half a chocolate bar instead of the whole thing...I can do that.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything. Maybe it's unbecoming everything that isn't you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Universal laws dictate when you give nothing you get nothing.
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Health is not an occasional choice. It is a way of life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!