Full time workers, when do you go to the gym?

Options

Replies

• aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Right after work ends!
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person, so after work for me.
  • fit4justme
    fit4justme Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I change at work and go as soon as I get off. I have been saying I am going to go before work for 2 weeks now but my fingers always find the snooze button.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    At work every day by 8:00 so its 5:30-6:30 am for me, M, W, and F. I try to squeeze in a run or two on an off day at least once a week as well. You can do it! Its just as simple as getting a routine down and sticking with it.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Currently immediately after work, change at the gym, workout, then go home, no way I could go home first, I would never go. Although I am trying to now do both morning and evening since my workouts are taking me almost 2 hours, do an hour in the morning and an hour after work so I'm not getting home and eating dinner at 7:30/8pm.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I go during lunch, the gym is a block from my office. I have a personal trainer and I see him once a week for a half hour. Now that work isn't as crazy, I'll try to go to him twice a week like I used to.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    I go at 6 am and I am at work by 8. I go again at lunch to get my cardio in. Gym is 2 blocks from my office.
  • AnsiStar
    AnsiStar Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky enough that my gym is opposite my work building, so when 5 rolls around I roll out my chair and into the gym :) It's stupidly ideal. And it's a better gym than the one I used before I started here!
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    I mostly work second shift, so I go in mid-morning on Tuesdays/Thursdays, then on other days, I either go to Zumba on Fridays (my one weekday off) or do DVDs at home when I work day shift. I don't really like the thought of eating dinner and going right to an overcrowded gym. I use either Saturday or Sunday as a rest day.
  • beniky
    beniky Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I work 9am - 4pm M-F...I set my elliptical next to my bed...so as I open my eyes in the morning...I can't avoid it. If I skip it in the morning - I am on it the moment I get home. During the school year...kids have to be dropped off at 7am...so I hit my office gym before work. No excuses.
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm doing. Right now I mix things up a lot. A few runs per week - typically in the morning before work, sometimes right after but BEFORE I get home. If I get home from work I lose momentum and there will be no run.

Found a yoga class early enough to do before work.

Kettlebells are typically an evening thing as is swimming,.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Lunch hour 90% of the time. When it won't work, I go before or after work, and when that won't work I make up the session over the weekend.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I go in the evening before Dinner, since I'm already out!
  • Mirandadee12
    Mirandadee12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Right after work. I don't go to the gym though. I usually will go for a walk or go hiking in the woods. I feel it relieves my stress of the day better than going to the gym and running on the rat wheel.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I go in the evening and bring my son.
    My gym has childcare from 4-8 pm and I get out of work at 4:30 so it works out perfectly.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. Getting up between 4-4:30am and working out until ~5:30. I own several videos: Zumba, Hip Hop Abs, Tae Bo and others.
  • rachelakai2
    rachelakai2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I work out in the mornings! I wake up at 4:15am, leave the house by 4:45am and get to the gym by 5am.
    It's such a great feeling to get your workout done and out of the way. After work is family time :) ( I have a 5 year old as well)
    I also feel like when I work out in the mornings I make better food choices all day.
    Good Luck!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm either doing 2 out of these 3 videos at 4am or when I get home from work at 4:30 PM: 30 Day Shred, Hip Hop Abs or Zumba

Along with the home video workouts, at work we have a full sized gym and locker room, so I'm there from 10am-11am M-F (If I have meetings, then the next best time to go is around 2:30) and I'm on the Eliptical, Arc Trainer and Treadmill.

On the weekends, I pick 2 of the videos mentioned above at around 7 am, then go with my fiance to the gym around 9.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I mix it up. Love to do fasted cardio. I get up at 4:45 M-F and walk the dogs with a friend. Have done that fro 12 years. When done, I work in the garden or hit the gym. Mondays, I work with a PT so straight after work. On lift days, it is harder to go in the morning as I do not like fasted lifting as well. I run out of energy. I used to enjoy going about an hour after dinner. My kids would go and work out with me. My PT just moved to a new gym that isn't 24/7 so I have to go when he is ther. Forces me to lift in the morning before work or change at work and go right after. Still trying to adjust.

Yoou really just have to be flexible with it. If you make a rigid schedule and can't go, that makes your brain say oh well I tried. Instead, you find the time and go. Go some in the morning and some in the evening. Take your son and see how he does, if your gym will allow. Mine has been pretty flexible with that but my youngest is 11 so I know that is a big difference!

Good luck!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Although I like the idea of going after work, it is super crowded, and easier for me to make excuses not to go. So I find I am more able to be consistent if I put it first. And it is way less crowded.