Replies

• gcaracciolo2
    gcaracciolo2 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    5 pounds away from speedo season!! Hehe
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    My skin is roughly the same shade as my bedsheet so I tend to stay as covered up as possible without turning into a bee keeper. I may find a nice bikini but I sure as hell won't wear it in public for fear of third degree burns. Give me a wetsuit any day!

I'm pretty much see through pale. But a good serving of Ultrasun, staying in the shade and I'm totally fine with hitting the water in whatever swimwear I think is cute (happens to be a one piece currently but will buy a bikini when I find one I like and have occasion to wear it).
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I guess I am odd, but I have no desire to wear a bikini! Even before multiple surgeries (I have 7 different scars on my stomach - one that is about 7 inches around my waist) and even before weight gain I never was really into bikinis. I am just trying to lose weight and ditch the meds I have to take because I let myself go.

Oh I agree - neither do I

However the point still stands - anyone can wear a bikini if they want to.
  • shortcdngirl
    shortcdngirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    After 2 skin cancers, and at my age (59), here is my bathing suit. Add a sunhat and I am ready to go. :D

p9qq4omwsmqp.jpg

Note: I also do not have a figure like this!

Omg love that outfit <3
  • tessr760
    tessr760 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Definitely not lol, hoping to get off those last stubborn 20 pounds by August at least
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Lol definitely not ready (for how I would like to look in a bikini)! I bought a few on sale from VSC last year thinking I would have lost enough weight to feel comfortable, and lol not so much. And I too think I overestimated how much my boobs would shrink once I lost weight. The tops while the bands are starting to fit, the cups runneth over still lol....might not ever be able to wear the tops in public. we shall see.

Still got a little time before vacation, but I don't think it'll happen so tankini here I come again. Maybe I'll be somewhat ok with my bottom half that I'll venture out it a bikini bottom vs a short or skirted bottom.

I'll probably do another beach vacation early fall, so maybe by then I'll be completely bikini ready!
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    No bikini for me ever... shar pei stomach isn't exactly attractive. I do have a cute bathing suit though!

Lol at shar pei stomach!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    So I took a chance and ordered a bikini from amazon (it had free returns, so I guess it wasn't a huge risk). So this is what I got in the mail today:
    d4kiqxy7xwap.jpg
  • __butterfly
    __butterfly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I *think* if I lose 15 more pounds I will feel confident in a bikini. It will already be summer by the time that happens but I'm planning a trip to California in August so hoping to be ready by then!

• AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I *think* if I lose 15 more pounds I will feel confident in a bikini. It will already be summer by the time that happens but I'm planning a trip to California in August so hoping to be ready by then!

you can do it girl !!! Im hoping to lose 20 by the end of june !
  • __butterfly
    __butterfly Posts: 10 Member
    Options

you can do it girl !!! Im hoping to lose 20 by the end of june !

You got this!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    That is such a cute bikini @shadow2soul! And you look great in it!