Crossfit, tried it and want to quit

Options
12346»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm also a bit repelled by the whole evangelical thing, and the local CF owners to me were very insistent on the Paleo thing. Which is more of a personal aversion to 'rules' and cults.
    Lot of nodding 'yes' on this point.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Did OP come back?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Did OP come back?

She tried using the forums once and didn't like it. I think we all know what comes next.
  • deadlifts_and_lipstick
    Options
    I didn't read the other responses, but let me tell you something! I've been in your shoes; and I'm not saying that to make you feel better, or try to convince you to keep at it, but I have LITERALLY been in your shoes! The only difference is I had well over 80lbs to lose.
    Here's the thing, not ONE of those people in your class walked into that box knowing everything, and being as for as they are. CrossFit is a *kitten*, it really is, but in time, it becomes less of a *kitten* and more or a friend!
    When I started, I knew nothing about lifting, how to hold a barbell, what the hell a kettle bell was and so on....but I kept at it! I started only going 3 days a week, then within two weeks, that wasn't adequate enough time, so I started going 4! Once you're at it for about a month, and you see the results, and soon enough, you aren't the "new girl" anymore, but instead you're helping others out!
    You honestly just have to keep at it! I just celebrated my one year in CrossFit, and although the scale doesn't quite show the number in after, my body looks amazing!
    PLEASE don't give up! The great thing about the CF community is that everyone is welcoming and ready to bring in new comers!
    If you want, you can add me and I'll help keep you motivated, but I beg you don't quite!
    Lots of love, doll!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the other responses, but let me tell you something! I've been in your shoes; and I'm not saying that to make you feel better, or try to convince you to keep at it, but I have LITERALLY been in your shoes! The only difference is I had well over 80lbs to lose.
    Here's the thing, not ONE of those people in your class walked into that box knowing everything, and being as for as they are. CrossFit is a *kitten*, it really is, but in time, it becomes less of a *kitten* and more or a friend!
    When I started, I knew nothing about lifting, how to hold a barbell, what the hell a kettle bell was and so on....but I kept at it! I started only going 3 days a week, then within two weeks, that wasn't adequate enough time, so I started going 4! Once you're at it for about a month, and you see the results, and soon enough, you aren't the "new girl" anymore, but instead you're helping others out!
    You honestly just have to keep at it! I just celebrated my one year in CrossFit, and although the scale doesn't quite show the number in after, my body looks amazing!
    PLEASE don't give up! The great thing about the CF community is that everyone is welcoming and ready to bring in new comers!
    If you want, you can add me and I'll help keep you motivated, but I beg you don't quite!
    Lots of love, doll!

Still figuring out how you were able to try on OPs shoes. Did you sneak into her house or do you share the same locker at school?
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    Lots of love, doll!

Still figuring out how you were able to try on OPs shoes. Did you sneak into her house or do you share the same locker at school?

I literally lmao. Now I can't sit down.
  • tpatter
    tpatter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started Crossfit at the end of June last year. It was very intimidating. But I started with an on ramp class and there was 3 of them to teach me basic technique of the moves that we would be doing on a daily basis. My coaches scaled every workout we did and slowly I could see a difference in my abilities and strength. I started weighing 35 pounds more than I weigh currently. It could be the programming and it could be that you need a different box. Talk to your coaches first before quitting.