Options
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    gonna try this
  • mightycabage
    Options
    Hi guys

Could someone please let me know what half and half is? Sounds lovely so really want to make sure I get the right stuff!! :)

That's a good question! I've seen/tried it all my life but now that i'm faced with this question I'm not entirely sure. Try doing a google search. But I think its just like milk with more fat than whole milk. However, it's different than Heavy Cream. Not sure what the difference is between the two.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Oh yum!!! Will definitely try this! Thanks!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    bump
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    Bump!
  • Eliza0930
    Eliza0930 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump mmmmmm
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    bump
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    :smile: if you go to the store it will say low fat HALF&HALF on it. You cant buy the wrong thing, the kind i got came in a mini milk carton (i dont use it that often)

what Half&Half actually is... i have no idea....

LOL, hope the first part helps :smile:
  • mightycabage
    Options
    By the way in the recipe it says 500mL or 16 Tbs Cool Whip, but 16 Tbs is actually only around 250mL. Now I'm not sure how much you really mean!
  • mightycabage
    Options
    Anyway I made this recipe tonight using the 8 ounce (16Tbs) cool whip container. Came out great! Although I do have to say, the nutrient breakdown provided by OP in the first post can't be right. Each 2Tbs serving of cool whip has 3 grams of carbs. When I was finished with the recipe, I ended up with about 16 ounces (2 cups) of fat free cheesecake ice cream. The whole container of cool whip has 75g carbs, and when you add it all up all of the other ingredients you come to around 100g of carbs for the whole batch. SO, what I'm tryina say here is that each 1 cup serving has around 50g carbs and more like 250 calories.

KNOW WHAT YOU'RE EATIN PEOPLE!! IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, well you know...

Still though, if you eat this stuff sparingly, it doesn't have a crazy high # of carbs and calories. I enjoyed about 1/5 of the batch, at around 100 calories and 20g carbs.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Anyway I made this recipe tonight using the 8 ounce (16Tbs) cool whip container. Came out great! Although I do have to say, the nutrient breakdown provided by OP in the first post can't be right. Each 2Tbs serving of cool whip has 3 grams of carbs. When I was finished with the recipe, I ended up with about 16 ounces (2 cups) of fat free cheesecake ice cream. The whole container of cool whip has 75g carbs, and when you add it all up all of the other ingredients you come to around 100g of carbs for the whole batch. SO, what I'm tryina say here is that each 1 cup serving has around 50g carbs and more like 250 calories.

KNOW WHAT YOU'RE EATIN PEOPLE!! IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, well you know...

Still though, if you eat this stuff sparingly, it doesn't have a crazy high # of carbs and calories. I enjoyed about 1/5 of the batch, at around 100 calories and 20g carbs.

Did you use regular cool whip?? Because cool whip free is the better kind and it comes out to be lower calories....
  • slm638
    slm638 Posts: 64
    Options
    bump
  • lizkenny1
    lizkenny1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    this sounds delicious / i will defo b tryin this. thank u
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    totally adding this to my list!
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options

After I made it I calculated the recipe in sparks myself and it came to 100 calories per 1 cup serving. I don't know that you used the right ingredients if you were getting 250 calories. Did you use fat free of everything? Cool whip FREE is the product you should have used.
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I tried the <b Calorie Count /b> calculator , doubling the recipe and came up with the following:

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 100 g (3.5 oz)

Amount Per Serving

Calories 175 Calories from Fat 43

% Daily Value*
    Total Fat: 4.8g 7%
    Saturated Fat : 4.0g 20%
    Cholesterol : 5mg 2%
    Sodium: 346mg 14%

Total Carbohydrates: 20.5g 7%
    Sugars: 16.9g
    Protein: 8.4g

Vitamin A 11%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 11%
    Iron 1%
    Nutrition Grade C

* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

16 oz cream cheese fat free

32 tbsp cool whip free

1/2 cup Splenda

1/2 cup fat free half and half

So I think it's a great treat, but would tread cautiously.
  • alphaip
    alphaip Posts: 86
    Options
    still want to try this.