Most disgusting thing you've ever tried in your weight loss/gain journey

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I tried to make the banana/egg 'pancake' thing. I couldn't flip it, and due to the smell I knew I would never eat it, so I just scraped it straight into the bin. Those mug cakes are also an exercise in disappointment.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I put spinach in a smoothie because the recipe said you couldn't taste it......yuck.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    A kiwi smoothie
  • sunmomnurs
    sunmomnurs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with the mug things, but roasted cauliflower (425 degrees till brown on foil with sprinkles of olive oil, herbs, sea salt) is delicious, also zucchini, carrots, most veggies are great this way. Even my vegetable-avoiding husband loves it! I do agree that sweet potatoes are too sweet, unless you want that in a "healthy" cake recipe. Kale has no real flavor (at least to me), so it's good in a smoothie. I just don't like the the muddy green color, but the taste isn't obnoxious. You have to be careful with eggs, as they can be gross if they overpower the other ingredients. Cheese helps to hide some of that, but that only works if you're counting carbs and not calories!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower should be outlawed and recently on a cruise last summer frog legs!!!
  • irishspanishgirl
    irishspanishgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kr15by wrote: »
    Tuna omellette with a scoop of chocolate protein. i didnt finish it :)

I can't even imagine that combination.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The Fuhrman diet. Even though I agree with the vegan-based increased vegetable/fruit idea, I couldn't last more than the three weeks he promised for my taste preferences to change. Btw, my tastes never changed.

The food, even the "desserts" were tasteless no matter how much seasoning I used. I couldn't tolerate eating any more raw greens with the nauseating "delicious" (Dr. Fuhrman's words, not mine) salad dressings he recommended.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian tuna in a can..... Nope just no.... Also vegetarian crab cakes I'm not sure how they made a flavor that could make me want to barf just thinking about it again but they did

Vegan shrimp is pretty gross, too. It was so bad I threw it out and it was really expensive!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's just how I cooked it, but shark was pretty disgusting. I threw out what I didn't eat.

For my lunch, I like to eat vegetables quick and raw. Raw mustard greens were a mistake.

Pork rinds are something I like freshly made, maybe a little undercooked and fattier.
  • Adi4Fitness
    Adi4Fitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lindt dark chocolate ....
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato fries - wrong, just wrong.
    Cauliflower "rice" and "mash". Would rather eat potatoes and rice.
    Almased. Need I say more?
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Wheat grass drink[/quote

Nooo could never even try that!
    Kr15by wrote: »
    Tuna omellette with a scoop of chocolate protein. i didnt finish it :)

Definitely can't imagine that tasting nice whatsoever fish and chocolate together is all kinds of wrong!
    A kiwi smoothie

Love kiwi but made the mistake once to mix them with dairy to make a smoothie it wasn't good, my mum said that there is something in kiwi that makes dairy turn bitter never again!
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    lindt dark chocolate ....

See, I love dark chocolate (lindt is one of my favourites) I know it's a you either hate or love it taste. White chocolate however, blegh!
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    A kale and quinoa dish I bought at Sam's Club. Not even hot sauce could fix that :(
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoe in any form. Worst. Thing. Ever.