Most disgusting thing you've ever tried in your weight loss/gain journey

Options

Replies

• Rockchick09
    Rockchick09 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    zira91 wrote: »
    I love cauliflower especially when the creamy cauliflower soup without any cream i made recently taste just like the usual creamy potato soup..

However, cauliflower rice is a big NO NO

and those cauliflower tatter tots, pizza base..

Im sorry avocado lovers, but as much as avocado is promoted due to its health benefits and creaminess, it has this rancid taste for me.. Its a no for me too..

And there is this spicy spiced indian chicken stir fry recipe i tried few months ago that was just horrible and not worth all the spices and chicken i've used for it.. It end up directly into the garbage bin straight from the pan..

Avocados are just pure nasty. I'm never trying them again and I'm glad to finally meet someone who shares my distaste for the fruit.
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Also forgot about cilantro and ginger both taste like dish soap to me too the point I will projectile vomit if I taste it in a dish.... Interestingly there is research that suggest that there is a genetic cause for people felling like cilantro tastes like dish soap
  • KNewer88
    KNewer88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Low carb hazelnut flour waffles. So. Dry.

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Another vote for mug cakes. I tried a few different recipes and it just got worse. I very very very rarely gag on food but even thinking of the texture and taste :s . I do not understand why anyone likes them. Vile.

Also I don't remember the name of it but it was at the checkout lane at whole foods and on sale. ...one taste told me why they were practically giving it away. It was some kind of vegan jerky thing. Omg the texture was lumpy wet chalk with scary crunchy bits and the taste even worse. I eat a lot of vegan foods just because they are good (I'm not vegan) but I'll never try anything even remotely like that again.

Right now I have a strange aversion to any and all lettuces. I wasn't eating much of it so it makes no sense.

I hated avacado most of my life and I tried it many times many ways. Finally about 10 years ago all the sudden I couldn't get enough of it.

American cheese should be outlawed. Or at least they shouldn't allow it to be called cheese. That and Velveeta. A nice cheese sauce made out of REAL cheese really isn't that difficult to make....please no oddly orange colored plastic textured cheese for me.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Orgain Vanilla protein powder: tastes exactly like I would imagine powdered laundry soap tastes like. I do like the chocolate, though.
    Cilantro is vile and soapy as well.
    Imitation crab meat. I thought I would like it (I love crab and lobster) but it was so sweet that it ruined the dish I made and had to throw it all out.
    Gorgonzola. I love cheese, even some of the stronger tasting ones, but gorgonzola put my body into "Oh No It's POISON!" mode.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Also forgot about cilantro and ginger both taste like dish soap to me too the point I will projectile vomit if I taste it in a dish.... Interestingly there is research that suggest that there is a genetic cause for people felling like cilantro tastes like dish soap

I'm like that with cilantro (we call it coriander in the UK), and I'll detect absolutely minute quantities of it, as the taste of it is so overwhelming.

Love avocados on their own and in salads, but I tried a smoothie that had avocado in it, and that was disgusting.

The liberating thing about CICO approach to weight loss is that I don't buy any diet versions of foods (eg low fat) anymore, I just eat a less of the regular stuff. I'm a real foodie, so being able to eat tasty food means a lot to me.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Walden farms pb spread
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    1. Sweet potatoes. All the resistant starch, the enticing vitamins etc... I finally caved in and bought the unfamiliar tuber. Made sweet potato oven fries with deliberate herbs and seasonings. After the first bite, it ended up in the trash. YUCK! Vegetables are not supposed to be THIS SWEET. I guess the name is literal. Lesson learned. And I'm not even a picky eater when it comes to vegetables and often fall in love with any new vegetable I try.

2. Banana oat pancakes. I love bananas. I love oats. I love maple syrup. What could go wrong? Just no. You would only feed someone pancakes with this texture if you were deliberately trying to perfect your torture techniques.

3. Steak. Lovely protein content, and must be served in high end restaurants for a reason. How stupid of me not to realize that just because it's fancy meat, it doesn't make the flavor any less "meaty". When you hate something you hate it, even if it comes in a fancy package. Ended up ordering grilled chicken with potatoes and spinach, and $70 gone down the drain.

4."Korean style" steamed microwave eggs. I don't even want to remember that I ever tried them.

5. Low fat hard cheese. Just save your money and chew on rubber instead. You won't even tell the difference with your eyes closed.

I find this very funny because we normally serve sweet potatoes with cin, brown sugar, and honey butter...

Steak* You have serious mental heath issues .. I suggest that you seek professional help.

Sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar would actually make more sense, if I ever get past the fact that THIS IS A VEGETABLE!

I've never liked unadulterated meat. It has to be processed to oblivion or ground and full of additional ingredients that drown out the meat flavor and texture for me to even remotely enjoy it. What on earth made me believe that just because it has a hefty price tag it would somehow stop tasting like meat?
  • SarahLascelles1
    SarahLascelles1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Low fat yoghurt. Bleurch. Like yoghurt only thin and tasteless and with loads of sugar.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Orgain Vanilla protein powder: tastes exactly like I would imagine powdered laundry soap tastes like. I do like the chocolate, though.
    Cilantro is vile and soapy as well.
    Imitation crab meat. I thought I would like it (I love crab and lobster) but it was so sweet that it ruined the dish I made and had to throw it all out.
    Gorgonzola. I love cheese, even some of the stronger tasting ones, but gorgonzola put my body into "Oh No It's POISON!" mode.

I agree on the imitation crab meat. I don't know how this nasty stuff came about but it doesn't look like crab meat. It doesn't taste like crab meat. It doesn't have the texture of crab meat.

I don't know why pureed cheap white fish mush with lots of added things that is then squirted out of a nozzle and painted with a red stripe and steamed is in anyway appealing to anyone. It should be renamed to steamed fish mush. So gross. Many people I've known insist it's real crab even though "imitation" is all over the packages. I rarely get excited about "crab" dishes anymore unless it's blue crab season and I see the actual crabs or it's a dish at a reputable restaurant.

• elainesuttie
    elainesuttie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    OK I'm just wondering what the most disgusting thing/recipe you have tried during this journey.

I came across a chocolate banana mug cake recipe that seemed like a tasty idea it involved 1egg, 1ripe banana and 2/3 tbsp of cocoa powder nothing wrong with any of those ingredients, combined though was absolutely disgusting. It was bitter and tasteless at the same time, the texture was horrible nothing cakey about it, more like microwave omelette flavoured with way to much cocoa and the smell ugh! My whole house reeks. I quickly had to grab some fruit to get the taste out of my mouth! No more crazy cooking ideas for me I'll stick with tried and tested.

Please share yours!

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Also, all the regular Shakeology shakes. Barf. The vegan ones are lovely, but I still don't drink it...makes me sick. Literally.

The strawberry tropical one. So horrible. I ended up returning it and never bought any more after that.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's just how I cooked it, but shark was pretty disgusting. I threw out what I didn't eat.

For my lunch, I like to eat vegetables quick and raw. Raw mustard greens were a mistake.

Pork rinds are something I like freshly made, maybe a little undercooked and fattier.

They pee out of their skin, so it's important to marinate it with something to pull the pee out (like chicken liver).
    I don't think I did this. I just listened to my friend that managed to mess up other easy plates :sweat:

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I am typically not a picky eater at all, and I love trying new things.

That being said, a couple weeks ago I was picking some things up from whole foods and was starving. I decided to get a quick pick-me-up at the checkout line. The choices were dark chocolate, or some kind of organic turkey jerky protein bar with nuts and cranberries... I though, "I'll do the right thing and have some protein so I have a chance of it actually holding me over"...
    Worst. Decision. Ever.
    It literally tasted like someone vomitted up a turkey dinner and let it harden a bit, then formed it into a rectangle. Biggest waste of $2.79 ever. After the first bite I thought, "can it really be this bad? Maybe I should just suck it up and eat it." Then I remembered I vowed to myself not to waste calories on anything I don't like. Truly vile! Are there people out there actually eating this and trying to convince themselves it's good?!

Also, baked kale is attrocious.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    1. Sweet potatoes- i tried them and... yuck. Not for me. I don't care for sweet things, i should of known!
    2. Greens Plus Organics Superfood -- Let me tell you.. :s i felt like barfing half way through my smoothie. Never again.
    3. Peas - i just can't do it. I can't stand peas, never have
    4. Fish - again i just don't enjoy fish. Never have.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin spice protein fluff.
    I also don't get the whole kale thing.
    Love cauliflower though!
  • amyvanblaricom
    amyvanblaricom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Fat free shredded cheese. It is the most vile thing ever made! Might as well eat plastic. I also took one bite of a baked sweet potato and had to spit it out. Entrees and sides to entrees should not be sweet.

I only like the fat free mozzarella. All other cheese no. yuck.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i eat all the same foods i always have. I grew up with a balance of home cooked meals and snacks/freezer stuff. My issue wasnt eating too much but rather my activity level plummeted. Ive always loves fruits and veggies as well as ice cream and chips. moderation really is the spice of life.
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am typically not a picky eater at all, and I love trying new things.

That being said, a couple weeks ago I was picking some things up from whole foods and was starving. I decided to get a quick pick-me-up at the checkout line. The choices were dark chocolate, or some kind of organic turkey jerky protein bar with nuts and cranberries... I though, "I'll do the right thing and have some protein so I have a chance of it actually holding me over"...
    Worst. Decision. Ever.
    It literally tasted like someone vomitted up a turkey dinner and let it harden a bit, then formed it into a rectangle. Biggest waste of $2.79 ever. After the first bite I thought, "can it really be this bad? Maybe I should just suck it up and eat it." Then I remembered I vowed to myself not to waste calories on anything I don't like. Truly vile! Are there people out there actually eating this and trying to convince themselves it's good?!

Also, baked kale is attrocious.

Right!? Baked kale. Like kale chips. Just nopeeee. Tried to jump on that band wagon but once I tried it I jumped off quick hahah. Ew.