Most disgusting thing you've ever tried in your weight loss/gain journey

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I kept seeing people talk about adding protein powder to greek yogurt, so I tried it. It was wretched. Tried it another time, thinking perhaps I had screwed something up the first time. Still wretched.

The protein pancake recipe that people used to rave about on here. It wasn't bad, but I felt like I had to add a lot of butter and syrup to make it palatable, and the calorie count was just off the charts for breakfast. Tried a cake as well, it wasn't bad the first day but by the second, it tasted rancid. Done trying to make protein powder into anything other than a drink.

It might be your powder too, to be honest. I've tried some powders that were just plain nasty... although yeah, people rave about the Greek yogurt/powder thing tasting like 'pudding' and I'm starting to think that we all have a very different opinion about what pudding is like... although it doesn't turn out too bad with Quest powder.

The protein pancake recipe that I like here (the 'ultimate' one) is a bit mixed for me because it's just way too dry. It's very tasty if you add strawberries or blueberries, but I've tried other fruit and it was just bleh. To be fair though, I haven't gone back since I discovered Kodiak mixes.

I mostly use my powder in oatmeal now or in cheesecake. The protein cheesecake I make is seriously delicious (but I don't use fat free cream cheese either).
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Edamame Succotash. Tastes like bad frozen vegetable medley. One of the ONLY times we didn't "power through it" and instead opted for takeout. Because, no.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    AbigailC17 wrote: »
    Long story short, I was in a hurry to drive onto my appointment. I have no time to eat spinach, broccoli, and chicken tenders. What I did is I used my ninja blender and made a veggie meat smoothie. I chugged it while tears came out of my eyes haha.

Crying. Laughing. :D
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Brussel sprouts. Just no. I love veggies and other cruciferous veggies but I cannot handle the brussel sprouts. Ive tried to cook them a variety of ways but just nope..even cooked with bacon :neutral:

100% agreed! Yuk!
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    There are a few.
    I tried the three ingredient muffins with berries, bananas, and eggs. It was tart and sooo eggy. A muffin should not be eggy.

I have also done a juice fast.. I learned I do not like kale and ginger juiced. I like them otherwise.

Along the way I have found a lot of things I do like. It makes up for the bad ones.

Very true, I tried butternut squash, now addicted and love love love lentils I could carry on definitely loads of new tasty stuff discovered too
  • Beaner63
    Beaner63 Posts: 69 Member
    Protein powder. All of it. Just cannot stand the stuff.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Basically anything I've made with quinoa. I keep trying because I know it's great for you, but yeah...

I tried to make crackers, even the dog wouldn't eat them.

I made this mexican food bake that was so bad, we took one bite and went for a burger.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Avocado and egg baked this was the grosses thing ever smelled bad tasted worse weird texture still makes me sick thinking about it

It makes me sick to think about it and I've never even tried it! I see pictures of it all the time and it does not seem like it would be at all appetizing. And I like each of those items separately!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Phrick wrote: »
    pork rinds - IN stuff or as a breeding they're OK but by themselves? GAG

I tried to eat pork rinds...I think it was a mental thing, but they made me gag
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Matcha tea. Ugh.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,717 Member
    Arctic Zero Double Chocolate!

I tried the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor. The cookie dough tasted fine but the ice part had a vaguely slimy texture.

I love most sushi but cannot stand sea urchin! I've tried it a couple of times (the second time hoping that it was fresher) and both times it tasted to me like I'd imagine excrement would taste. But it's considered such a delicacy. Maybe the stuff I had was not fresh?
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    I need chocolate and I eat it everyday, however I have replaced milk chocolate with dark chocolate because a little satisfies. I especially love the Lindt dark chocolate with intense flavours. I tried Orange Intense and loved it then saw Raspberry Intense and (because I love that flavour combination) I brought a few bars. Needless to say, it was awful! My favourite is now Lindt Lime or Mint Intense! :)
  • karenmorgan946517
    karenmorgan946517 Posts: 17 Member
    I like my mug cakes. Just think of them as a cross between cake and an omlet. Trick for me is to microwave them on a lower setting. I use 1/4 cup cake mix, an egg, almond milk to moisten. The first step is to put a 1/2 table spoon of oil ( or buyer)in the mug and coat it well. Olive oil is to strong of a flavor to use fore though.

Worst diet kick, Cotten balls torn up and dipped in orange juice. Yes I was dumb enough to try this.

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I don't mind FF cheddar shred, but you can't use it for every application you would use regular cheese shred for. For example, it does NOT work under a broiler or baked in general on top of something. But if you have it in an omelet or rolled into a stromboli, it is great, imo.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Always hated Mayo. Can tolerate small amount of vegan 'mayo' but only scraped thinly on a bun....
    Stevia......disgusting in any form! Anything sweetened with artificial sweeteners - just can't do it, horrible taste/aftertaste. Commercial icing/frosting on cakes, cupcakes....and the stuff they sell in tubs...yuck
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited April 2016
    fldiver97 wrote: »
    Commercial icing/frosting on cakes, cupcakes....and the stuff they sell in tubs...yuck

~OT~

When I was a (very obese) child, the buttercream frosting was my favorite part of the cake, store bought or homemade. Now I end up scraping it off. I had no idea what I saw in it as a kid. It is gross on store bought cakes and often too rich on homemade ones. I don't even like cake that much in general anymore. Never thought I would live to see that day. "Whipped cream" topping on commerical cakes was always nasty. I also don't like fondant. I think it absolutely ruined my brother and SIL's wedding cake. It was DISGUSTING.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    fldiver97 wrote: »
    Commercial icing/frosting on cakes, cupcakes....and the stuff they sell in tubs...yuck

~OT~

When I was a (very obese) child, the buttercream frosting was my favorite part of the cake, store bought or homemade. Now I end up scraping it off. I had no idea what I saw in it as a kid. It is disgusting on store bought cakes and often too rich on homemade ones. I don't even like cake that much in general anymore. Never thought I would live to see that day. "Whipped cream" topping on commerical cakes was always nasty. I also don't like fondant. I think it absolutely ruined my brother and SIL's wedding cake. It was DISGUSTING.

OT too but in France we NEVER had buttercream on cakes. Some specialty cakes use some kind of cream, but it's lighter and not as sweet, and it's only inside. I had a lot of chocolate cakes when I grew up but it was a plain, tasty cake, that really didn't need frosting at all... So it was so odd to me when I came here to see all those weird colored cakes with so much frosting on them. I'm not that fond of it either. Every year for their birthday, my kids and my husband ask for some kind of frosted cake, and I roll my eyes a little.
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    coconut water & cauliflower...not together.
  • judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    cottage cheese. I've tried to like it, but the texture... saltiness... smh... I just can't...

I do like pork rinds (chicharrón), though, especially the spicy kind.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    1) Vegan "macaroni cheese"... Nope.
    2) Smoothie bowl... Not food. Not a drink. Complete nonsense.
    3) Vegetarian meat substitutes... All of the nope.
    4) Vegan cake... Just no. Not cake.
    5) Gluten free pasta... Why?