Options

Replies

• leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Cauliflower

Oh agreed I absolutely hate cauliflower, yuk!

my husband calls them white balls lol
  • AbigailC17
    AbigailC17 Posts: 78 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Long story short, I was in a hurry to drive onto my appointment. I have no time to eat spinach, broccoli, and chicken tenders. What I did is I used my ninja blender and made a veggie meat smoothie. I chugged it while tears came out of my eyes haha.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    AbigailC17 wrote: »
    Long story short, I was in a hurry to drive onto my appointment. I have no time to eat spinach, broccoli, and chicken tenders. What I did is I used my ninja blender and made a veggie meat smoothie. I chugged it while tears came out of my eyes haha.

^lol, just the thought of this brings tears to my eyes.

• DragonRider83
    DragonRider83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower rice. The food of Satan!!
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Kale... I just can't get over the taste. Yuck.
  • wackyncrazy1
    wackyncrazy1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Avocado and egg baked this was the grosses thing ever smelled bad tasted worse weird texture still makes me sick thinking about it
  • BerttiBott
    BerttiBott Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Vegan deli "meat" slices by Yves or any meat analogue...oh God why. Since they're so highly processed they'll rip you a new one as your poor body tries to break that phony frankenfood down. Homemade seitan from plain flour and spices is the way to go.

Fat-free vanilla yogurt. Tastes like running factory paste. Sticking to kvarg..
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Avocado and egg baked this was the grosses thing ever smelled bad tasted worse weird texture still makes me sick thinking about it

Yup. Love avocado, love eggs. I tried it a few times thinking i had got the baking time wrong or something. Either way it way rubbery and the avocado flavor was ruined.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato's, I'll agree - My potato should not be sweet. Apparently there is a white version out there (no, not a regular potato) that is less sweet, but my whole foods doesn't carry it.

Epic's Beef's protein bar. I wanted to love it, but it reminded me of dry dog food.

Some greek yogurt - That tangy aftertaste is like when you get soap in your mouth, bleh.

I like cauliflower though :frowning:
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    stiff-whipped egg whites w/vanilla extract and sweetener as a frosting substitute. uh, no.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Linzon wrote: »
    Vegetarian tuna in a can..... Nope just no.... Also vegetarian crab cakes I'm not sure how they made a flavor that could make me want to barf just thinking about it again but they did

I have never heard of vegetarian tuna in a can, I can only imagine D:

My things are liver (was trying to up iron intake) and vanilla Vega protein powder. I got a tub of the latter because it was on cheap at Costco and I'm going to finish it because I don't want to waste it, but when I drink it by itself I refer to it as 'sadness in a cup.'

The vegetarian tuna is gross by itself, but when I made it into a tuna salad with mayo, noodles, boiled eggs and vegetables, it was pretty good. :)

Whats wrong with real tuna ?? Its a superfood, low cal, rich in nutrients and loaded with protein.

Well, if you're vegetarian.....
  • insomnical
    insomnical Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Vega-one protein shake mix. I cannot. It's just too gag-inducing for me and I'm not even sure why. I tried it with almond milk, soy milk and even regular 1% cow's milk. Nothing could salvage the flavor. I'm so glad that Natural Grocers has individual packages that I could try before I commit to a huge container.

I'm weird though - those jerky things with cranberries were actually pretty good to me.
  • joannamfmorris
    joannamfmorris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero Double Chocolate!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero Double Chocolate!

I bought some chocolate peanut butter. I paid freaking four dollars for that crap, so I was dead set on eating it. I threw some hot fudge on it, topped it with walnuts. sprinkles and a dollup of whipped cream and it became semi-palatable. Kind of defeated the purpose of whole low-calorie thing, but at least I didn't throw it away. lol
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I kept seeing people talk about adding protein powder to greek yogurt, so I tried it. It was wretched. Tried it another time, thinking perhaps I had screwed something up the first time. Still wretched.

The protein pancake recipe that people used to rave about on here. It wasn't bad, but I felt like I had to add a lot of butter and syrup to make it palatable, and the calorie count was just off the charts for breakfast. Tried a cake as well, it wasn't bad the first day but by the second, it tasted rancid. Done trying to make protein powder into anything other than a drink.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Zoodles. As someone who is addicted to pasta... no thanks.
  • lisalewis7588
    lisalewis7588 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am very much NOT picky at all. There are very few things I don't like. But I CANNOT eat fat free cheese. Ohma goodness, that stuff is disgusting. I'll take my regular cheese and all of its glorious calories, thankyouverymuch.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I forgot to mention protein powder. I used to think protein powder was ground evil, mixed with children's ashes and puppy tears. I still drank it because I rarely hit my protein macro without it. I wasted no other calories on it trying to make it taste better. I mixed it with water, I drank it as quickly as possible, and I saved the calories that would've gone to dressing it up for better things, like ice cream. The scary part is I'm getting used to protein powder and it doesn't taste as bad anymore.

Also, the sweet potato hate is hilarious. I grew up with sweet potato casserole as a regular holiday dinner dish, and regular baked sweet potatoes are much less sweet. They are one of my favorite things on steak night.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I kept seeing people talk about adding protein powder to greek yogurt, so I tried it. It was wretched. Tried it another time, thinking perhaps I had screwed something up the first time. Still wretched.

The protein pancake recipe that people used to rave about on here. It wasn't bad, but I felt like I had to add a lot of butter and syrup to make it palatable, and the calorie count was just off the charts for breakfast. Tried a cake as well, it wasn't bad the first day but by the second, it tasted rancid. Done trying to make protein powder into anything other than a drink.

I like the powder and yogurt thing but it's easy to add too much powder and a little water or milk helps dissolve the powder. That said, it can also easily taste too sweet with many flavored powders, and it's far from "great." I still prefer plain Greek yogurt to it.

I've also tried a zillion protein powder pancake recipes and they've all been failures. The kiddos finally told me to stop trying! It's real pancakes or no pancakes.
  • keepupwithjack
    keepupwithjack Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have several and they are things that other people love...
    1. Eggs (scrambled, fried, poached, etc.) NO. Eggs in baked goods? Yes.
    2. Mustard. Icky in any form.
    3. Artificial sweetener. It tastes metallic to me. Yucky.
    4. Anything with cooked banana (banana bread, muffins, etc.) Ruins a perfectly yummy raw banana.