Most disgusting thing you've ever tried in your weight loss/gain journey

Options

Replies

• MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts. Just no. I love veggies and other cruciferous veggies but I cannot handle the brussel sprouts. Ive tried to cook them a variety of ways but just nope..even cooked with bacon :neutral:

Skip the Brussel sprouts and keep the bacon. Bacon is worth every calorie!
    Brussel sprouts. Just no. I love veggies and other cruciferous veggies but I cannot handle the brussel sprouts. Ive tried to cook them a variety of ways but just nope..even cooked with bacon :neutral:

Skip the Brussel sprouts and keep the bacon. Bacon is worth every calorie!

I like the way you think haha!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands I used to eat yves. lol. I don't think they're that bad. I eat Light Life Smart Dogs now. Morning Star Corndogs are pretty good too.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I tried to make the banana/egg 'pancake' thing. I couldn't flip it, and due to the smell I knew I would never eat it, so I just scraped it straight into the bin. Those mug cakes are also an exercise in disappointment.

Oddly enough, my picky kids love those pancakes. lol. I am currently bedridden and my boyfriend made them to try to get the kids to eat eggs...it worked. Lol.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Linzon wrote: »
    Vegetarian tuna in a can..... Nope just no.... Also vegetarian crab cakes I'm not sure how they made a flavor that could make me want to barf just thinking about it again but they did

I have never heard of vegetarian tuna in a can, I can only imagine D:

My things are liver (was trying to up iron intake) and vanilla Vega protein powder. I got a tub of the latter because it was on cheap at Costco and I'm going to finish it because I don't want to waste it, but when I drink it by itself I refer to it as 'sadness in a cup.'

The vegetarian tuna is gross by itself, but when I made it into a tuna salad with mayo, noodles, boiled eggs and vegetables, it was pretty good. :)
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    1. Sweet potatoes. All the resistant starch, the enticing vitamins etc... I finally caved in and bought the unfamiliar tuber. Made sweet potato oven fries with deliberate herbs and seasonings. After the first bite, it ended up in the trash. YUCK! Vegetables are not supposed to be THIS SWEET. I guess the name is literal. Lesson learned. And I'm not even a picky eater when it comes to vegetables and often fall in love with any new vegetable I try.

2. Banana oat pancakes. I love bananas. I love oats. I love maple syrup. What could go wrong? Just no. You would only feed someone pancakes with this texture if you were deliberately trying to perfect your torture techniques.

3. Steak. Lovely protein content, and must be served in high end restaurants for a reason. How stupid of me not to realize that just because it's fancy meat, it doesn't make the flavor any less "meaty". When you hate something you hate it, even if it comes in a fancy package. Ended up ordering grilled chicken with potatoes and spinach, and $70 gone down the drain.

4."Korean style" steamed microwave eggs. I don't even want to remember that I ever tried them.

5. Low fat hard cheese. Just save your money and chew on rubber instead. You won't even tell the difference with your eyes closed.

I find this very funny because we normally serve sweet potatoes with cin, brown sugar, and honey butter...

Steak* You have serious mental heath issues .. I suggest that you seek professional help.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I can't stand sweet potatoes. :(
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Linzon wrote: »
    Vegetarian tuna in a can..... Nope just no.... Also vegetarian crab cakes I'm not sure how they made a flavor that could make me want to barf just thinking about it again but they did

I have never heard of vegetarian tuna in a can, I can only imagine D:

My things are liver (was trying to up iron intake) and vanilla Vega protein powder. I got a tub of the latter because it was on cheap at Costco and I'm going to finish it because I don't want to waste it, but when I drink it by itself I refer to it as 'sadness in a cup.'

The vegetarian tuna is gross by itself, but when I made it into a tuna salad with mayo, noodles, boiled eggs and vegetables, it was pretty good. :)

Whats wrong with real tuna ?? Its a superfood, low cal, rich in nutrients and loaded with protein.
  • amyvanblaricom
    amyvanblaricom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    There are a few.
    I tried the three ingredient muffins with berries, bananas, and eggs. It was tart and sooo eggy. A muffin should not be eggy.

I have also done a juice fast.. I learned I do not like kale and ginger juiced. I like them otherwise.

Along the way I have found a lot of things I do like. It makes up for the bad ones.
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to try those mug cakes but I don't have a microwave. I guess I am not missing out on much.

I am shocked at the amount of people who don't like cauliflower, that's like one of my favorite vegetables.

I tried greek yogurt and I hated it. I want to like it so bad because it's something people talk about so much because of it's health benefits and how they can add it to this and that and substitute for this or that. The second someone within a few feet of me opens a container of greek yogurt, I want to vomit. The smell alone is horrible.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    1. Mug cake. Pity anyone who thinks it resembles real cake.

2. Most baking substitutes. I have had some luck with some recipes, but any fat or sugar substitute will change a baked good's texture. It's better to use the real thing and pawn most of the baked goods off on the neighbors.

3. Spinach pesto. I like spinach, I like pesto, I found a recipe that looked great. It was not.

4. Fat free cream cheese. One third fat is okay, fat free bounces.

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I tried to make a biscuit with strawberry protein powder. I was lucky I didnt puke.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options

LOL I have been on a roasted brussel sprouts and bacon kick. I eat it for breakfast after my husband goes to work, because he hates the smell that much. It's the food I never thought I'd like and now eat regularly.
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options

2. Banana oat pancakes. I love bananas. I love oats. I love maple syrup. What could go wrong? Just no. You would only feed someone pancakes with this texture if you were deliberately trying to perfect your torture techniques.

This. So gross.

• CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Also, all the regular Shakeology shakes. Barf. The vegan ones are lovely, but I still don't drink it...makes me sick. Literally.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Carrots in my salad. I had a small amount and didn't taste it and was like okay yeah I can do this! Then I added more and it was HORRIBLE! I hate them so much. Also, fat free plain yogurt is disgusting.

I love cauliflower, I just hate the way it makes the house smell. I won't eat it without cooking it, though.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Seems like no one likes mug cakes.... Took me about a dozen tries to get it right but butter+protein powder+coffee creamer makes magic for me
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Fat free shredded cheese. It is the most vile thing ever made! Might as well eat plastic. I also took one bite of a baked sweet potato and had to spit it out. Entrees and sides to entrees should not be sweet.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I think this may be the solution to all our problems (at least it's entertaining marketing): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ewBG_jmMI40
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Fat free shredded cheese. It is the most vile thing ever made! Might as well eat plastic. I also took one bite of a baked sweet potato and had to spit it out. Entrees and sides to entrees should not be sweet.

My mother and I often order sweet potatoes instead of regular baked potatoes with our steak at restaurants. We eat the salad and steak as our meal and the sweet potato is dessert.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower especially when the creamy cauliflower soup without any cream i made recently taste just like the usual creamy potato soup..

However, cauliflower rice is a big NO NO

and those cauliflower tatter tots, pizza base..

Im sorry avocado lovers, but as much as avocado is promoted due to its health benefits and creaminess, it has this rancid taste for me.. Its a no for me too..

And there is this spicy spiced indian chicken stir fry recipe i tried few months ago that was just horrible and not worth all the spices and chicken i've used for it.. It end up directly into the garbage bin straight from the pan..