Slim down for summer - May Challenge

Replies

• shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Hi,

I would like to join the challenge group as well.

I want to lose between 8-15 pounds. I workout 4-6x a week & my caloric goals change depending on how I'm feeling but I'm typically between 1600-1800 cals.

Thanks! Can't wait to get started. This is also going to give me motivation to get on track & stay on track before May 1st so I can come in with less to lose.
  • emilynicole105
    emilynicole105 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2016
    count me in please. I've gained about 45 lbs in the last 2 years. I broke my ankle and had surgery, and never got back to where I was at. I really need some motivation. My goal per day is 1500 food calories, and I will take credit for exercise that I do. My goal is to work out at least 5 times per week, but 6 would be better. I'm trying to get back into the insanity work outs, because they have worked for me before. I'm drinking maxpro protein every day now as well, and bringing healthy choice meals to work for lunch because I'm a loan officer and it seems like I eat out a lot. I'm sure that has contributed tremendously to the weight gain.
  • Hi,

I would like to join the challenge too!

I am at my heaviest weight ever right now unfortunately due to being very inactive post a major surgery recently/plus some college weight gain. I am trying to lose 26.4 pounds (obviously not in a month).

My diet is 1200 calories, I do not adjust as a net for exercise. I plan to exercise 6x per week, however due to my aforementioned surgery I do sometimes need to take extra rest days.
  • ChrissalmonPT
    ChrissalmonPT Posts: 54 Member
    drpsamin wrote: »
    Thought I might join the group as I have you as a friend already, to keep me motivated. Can I do mine on fat % though?

I want to lose 2 to 3 % Body fat but in a month I will be happy with 1%
    I have lost 13.6% body fat so far and I am currently 12.4%
    I work out every day, mixture of running and weights. I eat a lot but workout a lot.
    Thought I might join the group as I have you as a friend already, to keep me motivated. Can I do mine on fat % though?

I want to lose 2 to 3 % Body fat but in a month I will be happy with 1%
    I have lost 13.6% body fat so far and I am currently 12.4%
    I work out every day, mixture of running and weights. I eat a lot but workout a lot.

Hi Friend!
    Of course you can do BF % for your "weigh in" on Mondays. I intend to log my BF too. Did you buy calipers or are you using a special scale?

I've added the rest of you who want to join the challenge as friends. Please follow this thread and my profile for updates.

I invested in the Skulpt body fat machine, which is really good.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    I'd like to join. I've gained and lost weight before, but I'm starting from my highest weight now. I'm 212 lbs. My ultimate goal is 135 lbs. I'd like to be eating around 1200 and working out on most days for an hour. My first goal is to be 150 lbs by October.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Bump.Interrested but no time to fill in right now.
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Hi!
    I'd like to join!! here are my stats:

HW(as of 2012): around 270lbs
    SW(as of Feb 8, 2016): 244.8lbs
    CW: 226.2lbs
    GW: No idea... for now, getting Under 200. If I can lose 5lbs in May i'll be happy :)
    Diet: I no longer count calories since I am being followed by a nutritionist. I've already evaluated how many calories I eat with is program and it was around 2000. (I'm almost 5'10'')
    Exercise: I do crossfit 4-5x a week and jogging 2-3x a week
  • mckenziewoodell
    mckenziewoodell Posts: 4 Member
    - I want to lose 20lbs
    - I've lost 1lbs
    - Diet: 1200 Calories and I exercise at least 3 days sometimes more
  • Momsgirls
    Momsgirls Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I would also like to join the challenge. Currently, I weigh 173 lbs. My height is 5ft 3 in. I want to lose 16 lbs (goal weight: 157). I log my food to MFP which allows 1400 - 1500 cals per day. I work out 4x per week (3 days of cardio & 2 days strength training)
    I have going up and down in weight (mainly going up) for almost 2 years now. Time to get of this merry-go-round.
  • mckenziewoodell
    mckenziewoodell Posts: 4 Member
    So you can count me in
  • flippingkenzie0127
    flippingkenzie0127 Posts: 4 Member
    Just starting myfitnesspal today. I need to lose about 25 pounds. I workout almost everyday and am attempting running.
  • pcousins13Patricia
    pcousins13Patricia Posts: 49 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'd like to join!

I need to lose a total of 60 pounds.
    Of that 60 pounds, I already lost 11.
    I lift weights 3 times a week and do a 30 minute workout video every single day.
  • LadyGauche
    LadyGauche Posts: 36 Member
    Really need this challenge! Hope this challenge/group happens haha, I don't think I've been added to a single one :P
    - how much weight you have to lose: 58lbs
    - how much weight you've already lost and how much: 11lbs
    - Little bit about your diet and exercise plan: Gym 3/4x a week, strength training 1/2x per week. Exercising 5x a week, eating healthy :-)
  • drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
    Everyone added so far. Please accept the invitation and join.
  • drpsamin
    Hi guys,
    To keep the community close-knit and personal I will be closing this thread on the 25th of April for new members.
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    did you send me an invitation i cant find it
  • drpsamin
    cynbet69 wrote: »

Already invited you
  • themba71998
    themba71998 Posts: 5 Member
    Last Feb I weighes 355lbs. This Feb I'm at 321lbs. I started cutting out on what and how much I eat last summer. Second, I started walking 2miles per day on Oct 18, 2015. January 2nd, 2016 I joined the gym. 4 months later I'm sooo enjoying the gym. I'm starting to see the results and I'm feeling good. My goal is to lose 10lbs per month. By Feb 2017, I am going to be 200lbs.

So I would like to join this challenge.

Thank you.
    Tamyra
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    drpsamin wrote: »
    cynbet69 wrote: »

Already invited you

I'm sorry but I can't find it what is the name I looked everywhere
  • Carrieinsb
    Carrieinsb Posts: 3 Member
    I would like to join the challenge. I am at my highest weight after a couple difficult years of life. I need to lose 25 pounds. My goal is 1 lb. per week. I am eating 1300 calories a day. I take two sculpting classes per week and dance, bike or do elliptical about 3 times a week. When I don't do any of those things, I at least go for a walk. I have learned about myself that the only forms of exercise that are sustainable for me in the long run are ones that I truly enjoy.