Slim down for summer - May Challenge

drpsamin
drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
Who wants to lose weigh with me in May??? I'll create a challenge group!! This group is for you if-
> need to lose weight
> looking for motivation
> logging your food with open diaries
> staying active
> willing to weigh in every Monday

Will create the group last day of April.

If you wanna be added tell me-
- how much weight you have to lose
- how much weight you've already lost and how much
- Little bit about your diet and exercise plan

I'll go first
- I need to lose about 19 pounds
- I've already lost 17.6 pounds
- Diet- eat 1500 cals, workout most days per week (minimum 4, maximum 6)

Hope I have some people joining me!

Replies

• raquelbird
    raquelbird Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I would I would like to join your challenge. I've been on fitness pal for years. In total I've lost about 50 pounds. I want to lose 10 more pounds. Currently I carb cycle which means I alternate between high and low carb days. I try to eat between 1200-1500 calories a day. I exercise about 5-6 days a week. I really need to up my cardio so I'm going to work on that. Looking forward to the challenge.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited April 2016
    Me need motivation

To lose 72lbs.
    Lost 12lbs.
    Diet WW mfp logging.
    Exercise walking 1 hour a day & trying c25k every other day.
    :smiley:
    Thankyou
  • sashahx
    sashahx Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hello
    I'd like to join to I need motivation!
    I need to loose 10-14 lbs!
    I do eat relatively good, chicken breast veg, boiled eggs, greek yoghurt, porridge oats etc etc but then I have unreal bad sugar tooth and once I start o cannot be stopped! I do also go to the gym about 4x a week but most recently that hasn't been the case!!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,244 Member
    I need the motivation

I need to lose about 10 pounds
    I've already lost 52.2 pounds
    Diet- eat 1400 cals, walk 4-5 miles and 12.00 miles on the recumbent bike 6 out of 7 day a week. Gym or DVD workout most days...

Chris
  • abchartkopf
    abchartkopf Posts: 5 Member
    Would like to join the challenge. I am struggling to change my lifestyle.

I need to lose 12. I haven't lost any.

I have been inconsistent with a diet and exercise plan. I try to find a half an hour to an hour.
  • brinalejeune
    brinalejeune Posts: 11 Member
    Hi there!
    I want to loose between 5-7 kilos.
    I put on weight during my pregnancy and lost already 12 kilos.
    I don't exercise a lot-my knees are bad and I'm often just to tired. So motivation is really wanted and needed! I walk about one hour a day pushing a stroller, doing groceries ect. I do pretty well food wise-unless we have friends over for dinner or go out-still lots to learn!
  • liftingwateringcan
    liftingwateringcan Posts: 109 Member
    ~ I need some stay power! ( consistency)

My goal is to lose the last 20 lbs. I have lost 7 lbs. before MFP.

I eat around 1600 calories a day, eating back my cals. 80+ oz. water.

My workouts are gardening and 12k steps a day goal.

My ultimate fitness goal is to get into strength training / lifting! <3

I need to stay ~ spot on to see any positive change.

• drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
    Nice to meet you all' looking forward to start our group !! I will set it up end of April. Meanwhile eat clean and train mean for rest of the April! In May we will switch it up a notch!
  • mrsditchen
    mrsditchen Posts: 7 Member
    I'd love to join...I need accountability!
  • staceyxb
    staceyxb Posts: 17 Member
    Hi i would love to join im stacey 26 , start weight was 216lbs now 141 (lost around 75lbs)
    Id like to loose another 10lbs
    Especially a few pounds before a holiday in 1 months time
    I eat around 1200-1500 kcal a day and exercise as much as my body allows as i have severe chronic rheumatoid arthritis this isnt always easy but joining something like this will help me stay on track and motivated.
    :smiley:
  • milenaharmani
    milenaharmani Posts: 3 Member
    Heyy I would like to join the challenge with you guys! My goal is to lose 10 kilos. I've already lost 5 since I started using the app. I'm eating 1,500 cal a day and I'm trying to go to the gym as many times as possible!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Would like to join. 5'2". 34 years old
    Have lost roughly 75 lbs since highest pregnancy weight (have had two kids). Have still 10lbs to my original goal but have been stuck at 125-130lbs for last six plus months. I do mostly Jillian workouts at home (4-6 times a week) plus whatever the requirements of my days need (chasing two kids around, helping out on two farms and dealing with my regular job). Have been trying to up my weights in my routines, as I would like to build more muscles. usually eat 1200 plus half my exercise calories back, cook a lot from scratch, and eat everything just in moderation. Coffee and choclates are my downfall.
  • nyprdiva
    nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
    I'd like to join. Currently trying to take off the weight I gained due to my Hashimoto's Disease and this would be a great way to stay motivated.
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Hi like to join need to lose about 50 I eat about 1500 cals a day and my water log everything and exercise about 5 to 7 days just depends thks see you soon
  • smartiecorky
    smartiecorky Posts: 9 Member
    drpsamin wrote: »
    Who wants to lose weigh with me in May??? I'll create a challenge group!! This group is for you if-
    > need to lose weight
    > looking for motivation
    > logging your food with open diaries
    > staying active
    > willing to weigh in every Monday

Will create the group last day of April.

If you wanna be added tell me-
    - how much weight you have to lose
    - how much weight you've already lost and how much
    - Little bit about your diet and exercise plan

I'll go first
    - I need to lose about 19 pounds
    - I've already lost 17.6 pounds
    - Diet- eat 1500 cals, workout most days per week (minimum 4, maximum 6)

Hope I have some people joining me!

I want to join!! At my heaviest I was 215 lbs. My lightest I was 146. Unfortunately I gained some back recently and am now 160. I want to lose those 14+ lbs back!! My goal is 145 (I'm 5' 9") I want to continue my workout regimen (I lift 4 days a week and run 4 days a week with 2 "rest" days where I do light cardio and a stretching routine. My problem is eating crappy foods and LOTS of it. I want to make sure my diet stays between 1300-1600 cals. I just need something to hold me accountable so this is perfect.
  • jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Hi I would like to join - let's see, I've been trying to lose weight for a while and it's going up and down. I want to lose at least 20lbs - I'm currently at 162 and trying to exercise 4 to 5 days a week.
  • daynaxxanne
    daynaxxanne Posts: 77 Member
    Looking to lose about 20 lbs
    Lost 5 and then my body plateaued
    Calorie goal is 1470 and I'm looking to go gluten free/paleo, exercise 5 times a week, occasionally more and work a serving/food prep job so I'm on my feet a lot
  • AAAmom2008
    AAAmom2008 Posts: 25 Member
    Hi! I would like to join your challenge! First, I'm new to MFP. I signed up a couple of years ago I guess, but actually used a different app. Lost 50 lbs! ... now, I had gained about 12 lbs over the winter. So....

I have lost about 6, of those 12.
    Ideally, I would like to lose about 8 more.
    I'm trying to eat around 1400 calories per day. I do a lot of yard work for being active, and Jazzercise, and sometimes a Personal Trainer.
    I recently shifted my focus from weight loss, to lowering my Body Fat %. So, I'm focused on what I am eating first, then the calories.

Excited for new motivation!
  • ApinyaBlume
    ApinyaBlume Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone,

My name is Apinya. I also would like to join the challenge and motivate myself along with you guys. :)

So far I have lost 5 kg. And I wanted to lose another 10 kg. My calories intake is 1200 per day. Workout 4 days a weeks.

This is gonna be my first challenge so I'm very excited! Cheers! :smiley:
  • I would love to join!
    I have lost almost 4 pounds since joining MFP a few weeks ago, and have 34 more pounds to lose. I struggle with binge eating, but preloggling everything helps me a lot. I try to get in any sort of exercise (whether it be a walk or going to the gym) at least 3 days a week. I have asthma, so any exercise I do has to be be low to moderate intensity. I'm trying to motivate myself to go to the gym more though! :) I would love to help encourage others!