Slim down for summer - May Challenge

Options

Replies

• crzynuts
    crzynuts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I would love to join this group...I want to start focusing on healthier choices of food and be active everyday but seriously need some motivation from friends to keep me on the right track...chat about what keeps us from doing this everyday!!! Would love to hear other people's successes and fails so we can learn from each other!!! Happy healthy life
  • TaraHoward82
    TaraHoward82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'd like to join! :) I've not lost any yet and have 20 to lose. Just starting (again). Trying to exercise at least 5 days a week - mostly walking/jogging, also videos, some weights and yoga. Calorie goal is 1200 (I'll eat more than that but my goal is after exercise the daily total will adjust back to that). Need to do this so I don't have to buy a new wardrobe, feel comfortable in my own skin, & can keep up with my kiddos!
  • jsl122171
    jsl122171 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well.
  • yeseenia
    yeseenia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!
    I need to lose about 25-30 lbs and need a bit of a push to get going!

Thanks!
  • laurenmvancore
    laurenmvancore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join the challenge. I am wanting to lose 53. ive already lost 12 since january, but i hit a plateau. i am eating 1800 calories a day. i exercise 4-5 times per week.
  • SabinaaO
    SabinaaO Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join the challenge. I have 53 kg and I don't want to lose any weight. I just want to lose a bit of my body fat and mentain the weight that I have now. I workout 5-6 day/week...mostly lifting and 1-2 days I do 30 min of cardio at the end of my workout.
  • yecgaa
    yecgaa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose because a while ago I kinda let myself go.
    I want to get rid of at least 10 pounds before summer.
    I'll eat around 1200 a day and walk at least 10.000 steps every day.
  • Chibreezr
    Chibreezr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey! I would love to join this challenge.
    So far I've lost 40lbs in total. Need to lose about 40 more....long stretch but doable! Going to start back up at the gym, going at least 4 days a week going to do daily walks and introduce myself to weight training since all i know is cardio (elliptical). Calorie goals in food are 1200. Need to lose weight by the end of august, want to look even better than I do now. :p
  • takobutt
    takobutt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i want to lose about 20 lbs for now , and ill set an other goal when that is done.
    - so far i have lost about 2 lbs only because im just starting
    - my daily calorie goal intake is 1200 because im not very active. at home i follow the videos on fitness blender, a mix of cardio and strength training. i try to workout 5 days a week
  • IndiHannahJJ
    IndiHannahJJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I want to lose about 55 kilos, I've only lost 2 so far. I'm eating 1200-1500 a day and trying to do three gentle work outs a week with my knee which I'm just coming off a bad injury with. Trying to walk where instead of take the bus or car and working on doing yoga for ten minutes every night before bed! I'm definitely looking for the motivation!
  • bjcraig31295
    bjcraig31295 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join! I need to lose 54.5 more pounds, I've lost 7.7 so far. I exercise 3-5x a week and try to stay around 1500 calories.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Sweet, I am down. I have lost 8 pounds and have about 10 more that I would like to loose. My goal is 1300 calories with 4-5 45 min workouts a week. Need more people pushing me to keep moving forward!!!
  • simplyme247
    simplyme247 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I also would like to join the challenge if it's not too late.

Looking to lose about 20 lbs, so far I have lost about 7 lbs
    My calories intake is 1200-1400 per day.
    Workout 4 days a week, sometimes more.
  • drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    To join please follow this link and APPLY
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113500-slim4summer-challenge-starts-may-1st-sunday
    - New entry closes on 25th of April (3 days to go)
  • KrisenJ
    KrisenJ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Awesome challenge!

I need to lose about 20 pounds (for starters)
    My goal is 1200 cal/day + some of my fitness weight
    Ive only started recently and i havent weighed in since I started so im not sure how much ive lost already
    So there it is!

Thanks
  • Citycat2015
    Citycat2015 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I have been on MFP for a month. Starting weight 230. Current weight 216. Goal 145. 1200 calories during the week and I eat back my exercise calories on the weekends.
  • kelseygrenert1
    kelseygrenert1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I'm really excited to do this with everyone! Thank you for making this post.

I want to lose 20 lbs
    My goal is 1400 calories a day

I am a very emotional eater. I am trying to get it under control. I am also taking online classes and I feel that every time I go to start a paper or homework I get up and walk to the kitchen even if I am not hungry.
  • nazorken
    nazorken Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Just had my baby 4months today and I need to lose 53lbs. Losing all that weight will eliminate incessant waist pain.
  • Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Please add me!

I'm 60 years old, have lost 19 pounds, want to lose 25 more.

I've set my macros to 1700 cal/day, 20% carbs, 35% fat, 45% protein. I've done this lower-carb target because I am trying to lose belly fat. These are targets, but mostly I want stay at or below the target calories. I would rather lose slower and be able to maintain the loss than to restrict calories more. I don't eat back any exercise calories.

My food goals are to eat a whole, real food diet with minimal processed foods. I was diagnosed with cancer this year--I'm fine now---so a big goal is to really limit sugars and simple starches. Other personal goals include building a fitness by laying down a foundation of daily walking---no less than 30 min and aiming for 60 minutes. On top of that---yoga, dance, a little strength training.

Thank you for starting this group!

Rosey
  • mckenziewoodell
    mckenziewoodell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Didn't get an invitation