Slim down for summer - May Challenge

Options

Replies

• tinyzombie3ater
    tinyzombie3ater Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I am needing motivation.
    I need to lose 60 pounds. I've lost 13 pounds just started 3 weeks ago. Been difficult to lose weight. I work 11 hours a day. Hard to get in a work out. I do squats before I go to bed. You can add me as a friend! I'll accept everyone! Always looking for motivation and recipes. :) thanks
  • tiddlytum
    tiddlytum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would I like to join. Haven't started any plan yet. I hope to eat 1400 calories a day, workout three times a week for 30 minutes, and would like to lose 15lbs. Currently weigh 145 and would like to be 130lbs.
  • ali06z
    ali06z Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello, i hope you're doing well
    I'd like to join as well :)

I need to lose 20 pounds
    My diet is eat 1500 calories and i workout 6 days a week
  • judysway361
    judysway361 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would really like to be in this group! I weigh 198 I've lost about 9# since February but could do so much better. I like the idea of weighing in on Monday and def need the accountability. I work out about 5 days a week, cardio and lifts. I wanna get down to 160
  • colomboa644
    colomboa644 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I'd love to join too!
    My start weight was 153
    My current weight is 139
    I'd like to be close to 125!

Currently I weightlift a minimum of 3 days a week but I shoot for closer to 5. I try to eat a high protein diet with 45% of my diet being protein 35% healthy fats and 20%carbs but I struggle keeping myself on track.
    I eat between 1200 and 1300 calories a day.
  • bibididi
    bibididi Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi

I need to lose 46 lbs, I just started 30 days shred and I run on the treadmill like 4 times a week.
    My goal is 1400 calories, just had a baby and added a lot of weight that I need to get rid off.
    I weight about 211 now
  • lyngina
    lyngina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    drpsamin wrote: »
    Who wants to lose weigh with me in May??? I'll create a challenge group!! This group is for you if-
    > need to lose weight
    > looking for motivation
    > logging your food with open diaries
    > staying active
    > willing to weigh in every Monday

Will create the group last day of April.

If you wanna be added tell me-
    - how much weight you have to lose
    - how much weight you've already lost and how much
    - Little bit about your diet and exercise plan

I want to join the challenge!
    SW 229
    CW 219
    GW #1 200
    GW #2 180
    Since I'm getting back into good habits my diet will be focused on 1300 calories and I will do walking and stationary bike for exercise 3-4 times a week for at least 30 minutes
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I need to lose 50 pounds. Starting weight 172, getting TurboFire May 1st and plan on logging and keeping my calories under 1600.
  • foxyroxy83
    foxyroxy83 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join. I am looking to lose 2 stones as I gained back most of my weight due to lack of motivation. I need to get serious again as summer is approaching
  • tashka99
    tashka99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for starting this challenge. I really need help in the motivation department.

To answer your questions

1. Goal in May is to lose 10-12 lbs (long-term goal is to lose 110)
    2. I've lost 2 lbs in the past 2 weeks
    3. I joined a boot camp and should be attending 3 times a week but been finding myself only attending once a week. I also walk an average of 8K steps a day. I eat low carb diet (3 meals and 2 snacks a day)

Good luck to everyone!
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've lost 42 lbs since February 19th 2016. ( gave birth to my son that day :smile: )I'm already down to my pre pregnancy weight but I'm still looking to lose another 15-20 if possible. I work out 5-6 days a week, but with 2 small children under 2 I only do home work outa. Right now I'm doing a 30 day challenge ( buns, guns and abs ). Hoping to start the 30 day shred when done with this. I eat pretty much what I want of corse I still choose healthy options but won't deny my self and iced coffee every week either, I just count it into my calories for the day. I eat anywhere between 1300-1500 a day.
  • zenmummy
    zenmummy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello! So far I have lost 3 kg. And I wanted to lose another 8 kg. Calorie intake is 1200 per day. Workout 4 days a week.
    Thanks for setting this up!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join (although I weigh on Fridays I'm happy to report my Friday weight every Monday - hope that's ok).

I have lost 18 lbs so far this year, 12 of this since 23 Feb when I joined MFP and started being serious. I have 15 lbs to go.

I eat healthy food only (have a number of food intolerances incl dairy and gluten) gave up high sugar food for lent and continue to avoid it as I feel so good without it. Just got a Garmin vivosmart HR and aiming for 10,000 steps a day. Love long walks, recently rejoined my gym and aiming for three long sessions a week with some extra swim only days (so I can take my 15yr old daughter with me), also do karate once a week (with same daughter).
  • okungbowa
    okungbowa Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, I need to loose 60lbs,lost 10lbs already on 1500cal diet. I will start to walk 4 times a weeks for an hour because I work three 12hr shift days.
  • ingute99
    ingute99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join to help me to keep losing the baby weight.
    -Want to lose 5/6 more kg
    -Already lost 6kg, but in the last 2 months the weight seems stuck on 64kg
    -I try to go to gym at least 2/3 times per week and walk with the baby almost everyday
    -Bad eating habits...sweets craving
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This sounds like it will be an awesome motivator!!
    I started, jeez, like 6 years ago, didn't realize I have had mfp for so long!! Anyways, sw:165. Currently I am 132 lbs.
    I'd like to get to 118-120.
    I basically just eat whatever and make sure it fits in my calorie allotment which is between 1400 to 2000 depending on my daily burn.

I have struggled with an eating disorder and have found not getting on my scale and not making "good" and "bad" food groups to be super helpful. Which is why I eat whatever. And probably won't report weight until the end or if I had a doc visit and they weighed me.

Exercise wise I do HIIT, Pilates, yoga, and body weight exercises. Usually 5-6 days a week.

Sorry for the length of this!
  • harveyskiteam
    harveyskiteam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need the motivation. I've lost about 4 lbs and desperately need to lose 15-20 lbs.
    I eat 1500 calories a day, workout at least 4 days a week, I road ride and mountain bike, dirt bike and just need to lose a few lbs that I've put on over the past year due to a knee injury. I need to be lighter on the bike!!
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Would love to give & get motivation!
    Goal lose 25lb, increase strength/endurance
    Max weight 180lb ~5 years ago, dieted & worked out 120lb~ 3 years ago. Had a very difficult past year physically & emotionally and now back up to 150. None of my clothes fit :(
    Vegetarian 1200cal/day, seriously need to increase essential amino acid intake.
    Easing into exercise- have to go slow due to injuries that won't heal (probably because lacking lysine).
    Used to run-knees & heels can't take it now. Want to start lifting but wary of more injuries if done incorrectly.
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm game for a challenge! :)

- I have around 10-12lbs to lose
    - Over three years ago I lost around 35lbs and have gained around 10lbs back over the last 1.5yrs
    (I easily maintain at 150-155, but feel better at 140 and would like to be about 135 -- never been there)

- I have my calorie target set at 1600 and I typically run with a jogging stronger (my daughter is 6yrs old and 46lbs), or I do yoga or circuit training type workouts (ie Jillian Michael's, FitnessBlender, TaeBo etc). I usually workout 30-45mins 5-6 times a week.

I don't really eliminate foods -- sometimes I'll try different diets (ie Whole30, Paleo, Gluten-Free etc) for a short period of time as a different type of challenge, but I enjoy all foods ... so I eat them :)
  • Dotraspom
    Dotraspom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    This is my 1st day on myfitnesspal and I suppose I can celebrate it by joining this, if it's okay ofcourse!
    So, I need to lose about 22 pounds (hopefully by the end of June), I've already lost 28.8 pounds in the past 4-5 months, and my Diet - eat 1000-1200 cals, water fast 4 days a month (on Rest days), workout 6 days a week for 90 mins.
    Good luck all, and let's reach our goals! :)