Slim down for summer - May Challenge

Options

Replies

• sirrahc34
    sirrahc34 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge for motivation! I want to lose 30 lbs, currently lost 7, but that's where it's been for the past 3 days! :| Currently eating 1200-1400 calories a day; drinking 12 glasses of water. I have 3 granddaughters and want them to know that Nana's gonna be around awhile!
  • golfnmama11
    golfnmama11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in!

I had lost 37 lbs, but with an injury last summer, have gained 17 back.

SW = 177.5
    GW = 125

Trying to stick to fresh foods, good carbs, 1200 cal/day. And starting exercise program tomorrow (walking, weight training, etc). Hoping that joining this group will help to keep me motivated ...

Thanks!!
    14122 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thanks for doing this! I have 10 pounds to lose and do best when I am accountable to a group. My plan is to lift weights and do cardio for 45 mins,5 days per week, and walk 20 minutes at lunch, 5 days per week. I am also using MFP to track my intake to less than 1500 calories/day.
    Thank-you for starting this challenge, its a great May challenge!

14122 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    BTW-- I lost 5 of the 10, then gained it back within 2 months. So this time around I am working on changing my eating habits long-term, not just to lose weight.
  • juliaval
    juliaval Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I am finishing my semester this week and have done some major stress eating. I am hoping to lose about 10 pounds this summer. Not quite sure yet about diet and exercise.
  • shookdasa
    shookdasa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for starting this challenge. I need a complete lifestyle change. I've been inconsistent with the diet, exercise and sleep. I plan to lose a minimum of 25 pounds and if not by weight then by pants size. I hope to fit into my old size 4/6's.

I plan on using Fitness Pal to log my foods, 21 Day Fix workout DVDS, eating real, whole foods. Cutting processed sugar, processed foods, etc. And I would like to incorporate jogging/running into my plan.

Currently, I am completey inactive (due to pure laziness). That's about to change and I look forward to the challenge and motivation it provides.
  • mdwaite644
    mdwaite644 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I have plateaued and would like to lose about 16Ib. I work out about 3 times per week and am trying to eat around 1200 calories.
  • lisciousg24
    lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join.
    I struggle with it all. Lack of motivation & bad eating habits.
    However there are times when I'm really good about both and get on track.

I'd like to lose total of 36lbs. Being realistic for May I'd like to lose 16.
  • pinkheart32
    pinkheart32 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    Lost 10 lbs so far.
    Want to lose 15 lbs more.
    I've been eating better lately and have been doing the "21 Day Fix" workout videos. Going on vacation next week so I need to really be careful of what I eat.
  • JenRainbow1
    JenRainbow1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. I'm already do it but I'm hoping to loose more now as I've worked out how many calories I should be eating and I set up an account on here a week ago. And I'm being more organised with my exercise, knowing what I'm donig and when (kinda)
    Hoping to lose a few pounds, get fitter and more toned. Hoping to lose a bit by June so this is perfect.
  • JenRainbow1
    JenRainbow1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    juliaval wrote: »
    I would like to join! I am finishing my semester this week and have done some major stress eating. I am hoping to lose about 10 pounds this summer. Not quite sure yet about diet and exercise.

Exercise is brilliant for stress! Go on youtube, I love fitness blender but it can be tough. Try some low impact beginner workouts.
    Yoga is great for stress, it's not really for losing weight but it will help your state of mind and flexibility, I think it's a grest start. All the best.
  • dollypno1
    dollypno1 Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I will love to join the challenge

CW: 156.8lbs
    TW for May: 146.8lbs (Target loss for May is 10lbs)
    Overall GW: 130 lbs
    Eating 1,100 cals a day for my petite figure
    Low carb diet
    No exercise currently but will add walking starting this week.
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Me please!

Trying to lose the last 20lbs. I lost 20 before MFP and have lost 10 here. A challenge like this will help alot!
    I eat about 1400-1600 cals a day and eat back majority of my exercise cals. Exercise is usually 1 hour walk per day, aqua fit once/twice a week, zumba once a week.

Let's do this!
  • asmalworld
    asmalworld Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would like to join:)
    I have10 lbs left to lose.
    Diet: eating 1200
    working out 5x a week mostly cardio running/biking/yoga
  • kingswaychi
    kingswaychi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join, I have lost 5 stone so far, but 2 back on over the last 4 years since meeting a partner that loves food and having lost my willpower. Lost all my weight to start with on Myfitnesspal

I would like to loose 28lb, I currently eat 1400 calories per day walk 4 miles per day most days and have a gym membership I need to start making use of.
  • taylorwatson1
    taylorwatson1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join please :)

I've lost 16lbs, got 15 to go.
    I spin between two and four times a week depending on work and also train weights up to three times a week.

Looking forward to making friends on here and we lose weight together, please feel free (anyone) to add me as a friend!
  • BlakeKellyD
    BlakeKellyD Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be added! :)

I have about 60lbs to lose all together.
    I've already lost 11lbs.
    I am currently using a wellness drink which has boosted my overall health, alongside eating smaller & healthier portions, I have started a yoga program with wrist weights & do kettlebell workouts as well to help boost activity.
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'll jump on this band wagon!!!!
    I like to loose 28lbs (I know this won't happen in one month, but I could use a kick start!)
    Weight: I've lost none... I've GAINED it
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Interested
    - I need to lose 16lbs for the end of May, then I'll add a new goal until I reach a total of 40lbs lost.
    - I am starting all over again.
    - Diet- eat 1600 cals, working out 4 days/60 min.
  • Mrs_CMJ
    Mrs_CMJ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. Have had mfp for a few years, was doing great until I gained about 30 pounds a year ago, lost 15 so far, 10 to go. I try to eat 1200 calories a day but that hasn't been going so well. I workout 20-30 min a day.