On-line date winner ? I may win....

Options

Replies

• amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    It goes both ways. Women ignore good guys and always go for the jerks. Men ignore good women and go for the superficial type. The universe is the great equalizer, you only get what you give.

I only put this up because it is so ludicrous that it is funny... But as far as only getting what you give? That statement is just silly.
  • TylerShewbatski
    TylerShewbatski Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Lol I don't see what he did wrong? Apps I use like tinder have soo many options to choose from and he just told you what he felt like. altho that was wayy too hella cringy text for just first date but he was honest , why the hell are y'all insulting him when you don't even know him?
  • Tonydevolanii
    Tonydevolanii Posts: 657 Member
    Options

next time send one on a bikini
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    I told him I wanted to be wanted without conditions.... He said he was sorry he ruined things! I should have mentioned his bald spot(s)!

Bald spot? Definite deal breaker.
  • amfmmama
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I told him I wanted to be wanted without conditions.... He said he was sorry he ruined things! I should have mentioned his bald spot(s)!

Bald spot? Definite deal breaker.

:) I enjoy a bald head... but when a man " holds on to what he's got" a bit too long... it just does not do it for me!
  • amfmmama
    Options
    AMFM, please update with new date stories :)

There was the lovely one that told me quite vehemently " I hate eggplant and I hate raisons!" (picture a claymation villain from a christmas special saying it and would have been somewhat normal if we were discussing foods we liked and disliked, but we were not!) and then proceeded to tell me that if ordered the eggplant that I was "seriously diminishing my chances of a goodnight kiss!"

I ordered the eggplant :p
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

There was the lovely one that told me quite vehemently " I hate eggplant and I hate raisons!" (picture a claymation villain from a christmas special saying it and would have been somewhat normal if we were discussing foods we liked and disliked, but we were not!) and then proceeded to tell me that if ordered the eggplant that I was "seriously diminishing my chances of a goodnight kiss!"

OMG is this a true story? Even though I don't like eggplant I'd order it and ask for a side of raisins. I know it's a cliche but no wonder these guys are single
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Madam, I like the cut of your jib.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    jenovatrix wrote: »

Madam, I like the cut of your jib.

Me too!

You should post this on the 'Bye Felipe' IG page which is where women post the ridiculous sexist responses they get from online dating sites.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mlew15/15-of-the-most-shocking-exchanges-from-the-bye-fe-h0se?utm_term=.bm6BBXE1
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    @amfmmama's date said way too much in the text. Too much critiquing and explaining. It would of just been easier if he said, "You're an awesome person and we can be friends if you'd like. I just didn't feel any chemistry and that's a big deal to me".

This times a million
  • amfmmama
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

OMG is this a true story? Even though I don't like eggplant I'd order it and ask for a side of raisins. I know it's a cliche but no wonder these guys are single

SOOOOO TRUE!!
  • amfmmama
    Options

Ouch. He probably didn't think it would go that way. What sites are you meeting these guys on? I met my wife on okcupid and back in the days (pre-tinder), okc was a mess.

I am on OkCupid and I have been on POF in the past. I am just glad I can laugh! My friend call me the eternal dating optimist!
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Online dating isn't that bad, if you're on the right site. POF should be called Plenty of Freaks. OKCupid is OK but very hit or miss. Tinder is not too bad for guys but I feel bad for women on there. A female friend of mine showed me what she was swiping through on her Tinder and I was horrified, especially after she showed me some of the messages. Match is probably the most normal of all, with a good interface, but good luck meeting anyone on it. It's full of women that are a lot of talk but no actual meet, and like another poster said, boring. I use fitness singles, but like any dating site, you have to keep your expectations low and your selectiveness high.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    So. . I have to ask.. First off, the OP looks fantastic (if that's what she really looks like) . . HOWEVER!. . I have been on enough online dates to know that the rule (not the exception) is that the person that shows up doesn't look like their pictures and is generally much heavier than their pictures suggest. I suppose I'm an asshat and a jerk and all that stuff for not being able to "see past it" etc. . but sorry. . can't.

So.. the question is.. What should the guy have done? How SHOULD he have dealt with this. . And I'm not asking for judgy comments about how he shouldn't be so vain or superficial. People like what they like. I am intimately aware of this curse. I am asking this because I genuinely would like advice on this. The reason I don't online date anymore is because I hate the part where I have to tortuously explain that I like her but "we just aren't a match". This is especially painful when we've spent too much time getting to know each other before the date. In my case I don't even bother asking if she's working on it. .I just dump her. . Is that the preferred option?

Okay, so I never online dated because it's not for me, but from my perspective: I'd rather not have a guy I just met mention my weight to me at all. When I'm ready to talk about how I feel with my body, it's with someone who I'm already comfortable in my body with. I fully respect that not everyone is into everything -- I've missed chances with men who weren't into heavier women, and there are plenty of men who just don't turn my crank. It's life, it's cool.

What I wouldn't recommend is making it her problem that you're not into her -- and that's how "you're too heavy for me" sounds. I'd rather hear, "You're lovely, but I don't think we should see each other anymore." If she presses and presses, then sure. Mention that she's not your type. But most adults, I'd hope, would be able to leave it at that.
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Love your dress- you look very pretty. He was honest, but I still think he could have done it in a nicer way. Next!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    You've got Goldie Hawn's awesome smile :)
  • amfmmama
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    You've got Goldie Hawn's awesome smile :)

oh my goodness, what a compliment! Thank you, you made my Friday!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I think he's a douche pretending to be a good guy. He's using that whole "brutally honest" or "honest to a fault" thing and thinks he's being a good person for telling you that he thinks you're too overweight for him. (which is bull$hit, btw - you look fantastic).

What he should have said was "I had an awesome time with you, but I felt more of a friendship vibe instead of a romantic connection". Is it the truth? Who cares? It's a lot better than that big paragraph of crap he spit out.

A guy I went out with from PoF a few years ago told me I had a "fat *kitten*". Wish he could see me now!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    Back in December some guy kept sending me messages on PoF asking me to meet for coffee, and after 3 or 4 unanswered messages I replied and said "Thank you for the nice messages, but we aren't a good match. Best of luck to you!"
    He responded with the following (quoted word-for-word):

"No problem,,.I just date until I have sex then I don't answer the phone again when they call,,,if you want a one night stand ill do you,,,in case you want to get layed"

So, you know...online dating is so like this.

• AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    Back in December some guy kept sending me messages on PoF asking me to meet for coffee, and after 3 or 4 unanswered messages I replied and said "Thank you for the nice messages, but we aren't a good match. Best of luck to you!"
    He responded with the following (quoted word-for-word):

"No problem,,.I just date until I have sex then I don't answer the phone again when they call,,,if you want a one night stand ill do you,,,in case you want to get layed"

So, you know...online dating is so like this.

You DO seem to attract them, Tracy.

I know!! :'(:'(