• Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 264 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    6 more slow and easy miles today. These were pretty tough today. I was not sore like yesterday, but it was a bit of a slog. I hope tomorrow's mid-week long run is not like that! :smile:

5/1 - 13.1 miles
    5/2 - 6 miles
    5/3 - 6 miles

25.1/200 miles

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    4/9 - Rock the Parkway half marathon (Kansas City, MO) 2:30:17.6 new PR
    4/16 - Garmin Wickedly Fast half marathon (Olathe, KS) 2:28:39.52 new PR
    4/23 - Heroes for Hope half marathon (North Kansas City, MO) 2:19:14 new PR
    5/1 - Buffalo Bell Stampede half marathon (Leavenworth, KS) 2:25:06
    5/14 - Running with the Cows half marathon (Bucyrus, KS)
    6/2 - Hospital Hill 5k 7pm PRE-RUN (Kansas City, MO)
    6/3 - Hospital Hill half marathon 7am RE-RUN (Kansas City, MO)
    9/25 - Broadway Bridge half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    10/15 - Kansas City Marathon 26.2 (Kansas City, MO)
    11/5 - Jenks half marathon (Jenks, OK)
    11/6 - Kansas half marathon (Lawrence, KS)
    11/12 - Longview half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    11/13 - Gobbler Grind half marathon (Overland Park, KS)
    11/19 - White River half marathon (Cotter, AR)
    11/20 - Pilgrim Pacer half marathon (Lenexa, KS)
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    6 more slow and easy miles today. These were pretty tough today. I was not sore like yesterday, but it was a bit of a slog. I hope tomorrow's mid-week long run is not like that! :smile:
    Probably will be better, then Thursday will be harder I'm guessing, but it's just a guess
  • DavidBoge
    DavidBoge Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    May through July is dedicated to continuing my weight loss. Started in April at 234.6 and may 2nd I was 221.5 from random running and working with personal trainer once a week. She quit on me due to personal reasons, so I am doing the Couch to 10K app and doing the P90X Discs in between the runs with an off day on Sunday! Yesterday I ran 2.46 miles Week 1 Day 1 of the app. Do you really want us checking in each day? Or is week better! Love this forum and wish everyone the best of luck in obtaining their goals!!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    Off-topic: I use cast iron on my glass cooktop, and have no problems. I was very concerned, but all the reputable sources I read say it's okay, as long as you don't drop it on the glass (duh!) and don't slide it - lift and move. But then again, that's pretty much for everything on glass.
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I use mine on the glass top too. No problems yet.

Hmmm...I'd always read I shouldn't. Maybe I'll pull out one of my smaller ones (best not to start with the 25-lb "family skillet"!) and try it out. :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    DavidBoge wrote: »
    May through July is dedicated to continuing my weight loss. Started in April at 234.6 and may 2nd I was 221.5 from random running and working with personal trainer once a week. She quit on me due to personal reasons, so I am doing the Couch to 10K app and doing the P90X Discs in between the runs with an off day on Sunday! Yesterday I ran 2.46 miles Week 1 Day 1 of the app. Do you really want us checking in each day? Or is week better! Love this forum and wish everyone the best of luck in obtaining their goals!!

@davidboge welcome, you do what is best for you. If you want to read all the posts, you'll be shocked how many there will be after a week. Most of us check in daily, but like I said whichever works best for you.

@caritjr hugs, she was very young, I'm sorry. :cry:

@ddmom0811 butter? LOL I love it!
    @stoshew71 I saw that picture on FB too true.

5/3 - rest day for me.

9 out of 100 miles

• 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @CariTJR I am so sorry for your loss. (And for you, as well, @instantmartian, for your recent loss. Seven months is nothing to grief, I'm afraid).

My dad died at 66 almost 7 years ago now. I still miss him, and yes, still grieve for that loss. He wasn't a runner, but the man could walk (fast!) for miles a day. It was his answer to all things--go for a long walk and clear your head. He never saw me start running, but I can tell you that he is there with me in my head on more runs than not. There are some songs that bring him back to me, but just being outside in the fresh air will work the magic, too. I feel like time spent with him in my memories is just one more of the many gifts that running has given me.

5/1...Rest
    5/2...4.25 @ 12:22 on the hilly lake trail
    5/3...3.0 @ 13:00 (this is really 2.0 @ 12:00 and 1.0 walking) on the treadmill and strength training day

Completed races:
    1/18 MLK 8K, Burke, VA 56:14
    2/22 Princess Half, Orlando FL, 2:49:33
    4/23 Healthy Strides Community 10K, Burke, VA 1:14:29
    4/30 Run for the Children 8K, Fairfax, VA 56:35

Upcoming races:
    5/21 RunFitKidz 5K, Springfield, VA (maybe--if recovered enough from surgery)
    6/12 Celebrate Fairfax 5K, Fairfax, VA
    7/4 Freedom 5K, Fairfax VA
    9/5 Great American 5K, Fairfax, VA
    Either Hemlock Half or Divas Half in September
    10/30 MCM 10K, Washington, DC
    11/6 The Parks 10K, Washington, DC
    11/19 Potomac River Half, Carderock, MD

exercise.png

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    Off-topic: I use cast iron on my glass cooktop, and have no problems. I was very concerned, but all the reputable sources I read say it's okay, as long as you don't drop it on the glass (duh!) and don't slide it - lift and move. But then again, that's pretty much for everything on glass.
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I use mine on the glass top too. No problems yet.

Hmmm...I'd always read I shouldn't. Maybe I'll pull out one of my smaller ones (best not to start with the 25-lb "family skillet"!) and try it out. :)

Ya, I'd still be careful. Unless you're ready for a new stove. :wink:
  • Elise4270
    Options
    DavidBoge wrote: »

I agree with @skippygirlsmom . Whatever suits you is best. I think you may find yourself checking several times a day once you catch the bug :smiley:
  • JanineMcAdory
    JanineMcAdory Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Goal: 40 miles (10 miles per week). I'm a beginner. :)
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    First run back today, and first run of the month. I did 3.1 miles over lunch. It was sunny and felt incredibly hot for only being 70 degrees out. The sun will do that, though. Felt some minor twinges--in my lower right leg and my left arch--at the beginning of the run, but they all loosened up after about 1/2 mile or so.

@CariTJR - So sorry to hear about your loss. I hope running will provide you a bit of an escape.

I've seen a couple comments about butter today. Do people actually eat butter on bagels? Not a combo I would have put together... Also - I just made some butter last night (about 6 pounds, actually)--and about 9 cups of buttermilk as a side effect. Yum! Too bad I eat low carb, so don't have much use for the buttermilk. Mayhap I should sell it...

3.1 of 100 miles completed
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I made a ticker, yay

exercise.png

• Elise4270
    edited May 2016
    Options

I've seen a couple comments about butter today. Do people actually eat butter on bagels? Not a combo I would have put together... Also - I just made some butter last night (about 6 pounds, actually)--and about 9 cups of buttermilk as a side effect. Yum! Too bad I eat low carb, so don't have much use for the buttermilk. Mayhap I should sell it...

I'll eat butter on bagles. Although, I can't have bagles...or pancakes, or wheat toast, or pizza.... Woe is me... I still can't even run. I have no purpose in life. :frowning:
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    5/3 - Rest. Marathon taper crap -__- 4 days to go!

5/1 - Rest.
    5/2 - 3.1mi (6:52/mi)
    5/3 - Rest

May total: 3.1 / 185mi
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

I prefer pork roll, egg and cheese on my bagels, but will put butter on them when toasted :smiley:

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options

I prefer pork roll, egg and cheese on my bagels, but will put butter on them when toasted :smiley:

This
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I put butter on everything.