Options
    May 3: 5km, 44:50

Total: 5km
    Goal: 85km
  • Fyfiemama
    Fyfiemama Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I am running my next half this Saturday so the rest of May will be light but this will keep me moving before next training cycle. Not including my general steps from fitbit, just straight runs. This should be interesting .

exercise.png
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hello everyone, i'm back after a break throughout April...
    Not to put a downer on you all but I went on holiday at the beginning of April and my Mum was taken seriously ill, so I abandoned my ski trip, flew back to the UK to be with her, but despite the very excellent care she received she didn't make it. :'( So I scrapped April entirely and haven't run at all for a month now. I think i'm going to have to take it easy this month getting back into it so I'll stick with my March goal of 30 miles. Good luck everyone.

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR - My deepest condolences.
  • zoe2434
    zoe2434 Posts: 69 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    4/1……Rest Day
    4/2……2.13 miles

exercise.png

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR My deepest condolences, I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Brolivia3D
    Brolivia3D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm giving myself a nice, low goal of 25mi, since I haven't ran on the regular in a loooong time.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR I'm so sorry for your loss. :'(
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR - so sorry. Getting back to running will help you clear your mind with everything going through it.
    @PoppetsMaster - love the "do you like being alone?" picture.
    @MNLittleFinn - I got that coupon also. My new Saucony ISO Triumph 2s are on the way! So now I will be back to 3 in the running rotation. :smiley:

I think my right foot is slightly bigger too because both toe nail losses were on the right foot. I buy wide shoes but there is always something weird with that right foot. Sometimes it feels like the sock is bunching up underneath (but it never is), and so I tightened up the shoelaces but last two runs with Brooks I noticed a red mark on top of that foot. So need to make some adjustments.

I could only run a little bit today because today is the AP Comp Sci exam and I always get to school early and bring my students bagels and snacks. So then I had a bagel too ... cinnamon sugar... so good! Yesterday when I was asking my students if they have any last minute questions on their review packet one kid raises his hand and asks "will you be bringing butter?" I didn't even understand the question. I wasn't even thinking of bagels ... was thinking of loops and objects. Sigh.
    I suppose I could have gotten up earlier than 4:15 to get a longer distance but I have been so tired this week. Oh wait, it's only Tuesday.

5/1 - 35 mile cycling
    5/2 - 5 miles
    5/3 - 3.5 miles

exercise.png
  • biscuitnow
    biscuitnow Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR I'm so sorry! :cry:
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    5/1-4 miles
    5/2- Rest
    5/3- 5 miles

Notes on today's run: Today's assignment was 45m-1h at E. For the first 3 miles, I held pretty steady, average pace was 10:45 with splits only +/- one second(right around my goal HM pace actually). I was feeling like I was dragging this morning, and that got me annoyed with myself, so i decided to kick my own rear a little. Mile 4 was a 10:32 average and mile 5 was a 10:10 average or, as I put it, 1 second faster than pie in the sky dream shot HM pace. It was a decent run all together, though my left knee did get s little stiff by the end. I attribute this to my lack of warm up. I was so grumpy/out of it that I just started running after walking maybe a block.

@ddmom0811 I'm still deciding on what to get.....too many choices.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    Hello everyone, i'm back after a break throughout April...
    Not to put a downer on you all but I went on holiday at the beginning of April and my Mum was taken seriously ill, so I abandoned my ski trip, flew back to the UK to be with her, but despite the very excellent care she received she didn't make it. :'( So I scrapped April entirely and haven't run at all for a month now. I think i'm going to have to take it easy this month getting back into it so I'll stick with my March goal of 30 miles. Good luck everyone.

exercise.png

@CariTJR I am so sorry about your mom. My condolences to you.

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for May
    5/1 REST DAY
    5/2 6.2 miles - 6.2 << Taper and cutback week. 5K race Wednesday morning
    5/3 6.2 miles - 12.4

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25[/quote]

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I got close to my April goals so I will try for it again.
    starting the month with a sore knee and a half on Saturday

May

1-0
    2-stretching
    3-stretching-knee is still sore

exercise.png

RACES:
    Jan 16-Frosty 5k-33:43:123 (gun time-don't have chip time)
    Feb 13-Steve Cullen Run 8k chip time: 53:37
    Feb 15 Puppy Love Virtual Run 10k runkeeper time: 1:13:20
    Mar 12-Great Pi Run 5k 32:17

May 7-Door County Half Marathon
    May 28-29-Global 5k Run Virtual
    May 28-Top Gun Run 5k Virtual
    June 11-Rock n Sole 1/4 Marathon?
    June 19th through Sunday, July 10th SHE Power Virtual Half
    July 20-Cream Puff 5k?
    July 30-National Watermelon Day 5k?

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR Hugs
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn -That is awesome. Go Mom !
    @CariTJR -So sorry to hear of your loss.
    @PoppetsMaster - I agree with the wide toe box. My number one criteria for shoes and I have never lost a toenail in nearly 20 years of running. Although, sometimes I think it may just come down to the feet. You're either destined to lose toe nails or you aren't. Now the bottoms of my toes? That's a different story!

I just realized I forgot to set a goal for this month. April total ended up at 154, so I am going to stick with the 150. I already have 26.7 from my marathon (going off my Garmin data), but now I am just taking it easy to recovery. I actual have no earthly idea how much I will run this month. Taking it easy and starting a fall HM training plan in June. I am making my 2016 goal to run a sub 1:40 half and not get injured in the process. It's going to be a challenge, I think.

I stuck with the fence theme for my ticker because our fence is finally being finished today. I never realized how crucial having a fence is when you have a new puppy! My life is about to get so much easier!

exercise.png
  • MyPathway
    MyPathway Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR I am so sorry for your lost :(

Hey everyone, I am a new runner and Its the first month I will be going for a running challenge! So I'll start with a 60km objective and see how it goes!

exercise.png[\img]
  • 19MotherRunner80
    19MotherRunner80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Glad to find this challenge :) 140 miles

exercise.png
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 10 miles (awesome race in the rain, and a new PR for me!)
    5/2 - rest
    5/3 - 3 miles
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love cast iron, but can't use it (too heavy) on my glass cook-top. Someday, if I ever get my dream house, I'll have a gas stove and go back to using it!
    Off-topic: I use cast iron on my glass cooktop, and have no problems. I was very concerned, but all the reputable sources I read say it's okay, as long as you don't drop it on the glass (duh!) and don't slide it - lift and move. But then again, that's pretty much for everything on glass.