Do I look Jewish?

Options
RodSuarez
RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
So I've been told several times either on the "Guess the Ethnicity of the person above you" or in the "Celebrity Look-a-like" that I look Jewish.

Do I look Jewish?
Why?

I'm not Jewish, but am not complaining either looking Jewish is more useful to get on Broadway than looking "Mexican".

I'm Spanish + French/Basque Mix, born in Mexico.

Replies

• kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    No, I'd say you look hispanic
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    You look a little like Jerry Seinfeld to me. Maybe that's where the Jewish thing comes from. But I didn't really know Jewish had a look.

I'm strictly basing that on your profile pic.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    I've also been asked in real life, if I am:

Greek
    Brasilian
    French or Spanish (which I am in part)
    Jew
    Puerto Rican
    Scottish
    Russian (really? I am a bit too tan to be Russian).

And my German teacher said I could pass as German from a certain region (can't remember the name).
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am Russian.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    My ex was a Jewish Israeli and had nice creamy pale skin, plenty of dark hair, and he did have a prominent nose.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You do. I'm going to say it's because of the shape of your nose.
    You don't have a "Jew nose" which those things can give Pinocchio a run for his money.
    But I have seen many Jewish people with a similar nose shape..

(I am Jewish)
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You do look a little Jewish to me. I think the hair color, complexion and the shape of your nose.

Do I look Jewish?
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    I don't think so.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    You do. I'm going to say it's because of the shape of your nose.
    You don't have a "Jew nose" which those things can give Pinocchio a run for his money.
    But I have seen many Jewish people with a similar nose shape..

(I am Jewish)

So it is the nose! ok that explains a lot, not the typical
    "Jewish Nose"
    adrien-brody10.jpg

But still a "common" nose between Jews.

So I just googled famous Jews to compare noses... Jake Gyllenhaal, Josh Bowman, Ben Foster, Shia LaBeouf, Justin Bartha they all have "similar" noses".

So I have the "pretty Jewish nose"? I will have to do some research in my family tree.
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You look a lot like Eugene Hutz
  • legreene515
    Options
    I'm about 1/8th Jewish, and I think you can tell by my nose. My grandmother on my Dad's side descended from the Ashkenazi Jews. They're known for two things: a) interbreeding and b) extreme intelligence. At least I know where I get my smarts! ;-) Ha!

I think familial research is pretty cool. You should look into it!
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    I'm about 1/8th Jewish, and I think you can tell by my nose. My grandmother on my Dad's side descended from the Ashkenazi Jews. They're known for two things: a) interbreeding and b) extreme intelligence. At least I know where I get my smarts! ;-) Ha!

My Great-Great-Great-Grandmother on my Mother's side was judged for Vampirism - how cool is that?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    ya'll look the same to me.
  • legreene515
    Options

My Great-Great-Great-Grandmother on my Mother's side was judged for Vampirism - how cool is that?

That is awesome! I'm watching Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer as we speak. Coincidental? I think not!
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am 1/2 Jew, 1/2 German (I know, scary mix right?) and no I would say French or Mediterranean.
  • RodSuarez
    Options

That is awesome! I'm watching Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer as we speak. Coincidental? I think not!

please don't kill me!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    You just look like a white guy.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    I am 1/2 Jew, 1/2 German (I know, scary mix right?) and no I would say French or Mediterranean.
    French/Mediteranean would be spot on.
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options

I am a pureblood Eastern European Jew married to a very blond haired, blue eyed, Aryan looking man of German descent. Always makes for fun jokes at the Passover seder ;-)

To the OP - I see the Jewish more in your current profile pic than your other pictures, but yes, I'd say it's in the nose. Combine the nose with the complexion and the dark, curly hair, and it's pretty close to a stereotypical Jewish look. I think the angle of your current pic highlights the nose a bit more than the others.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Im a cashew(1/2 catholic, 1/2 Jewish)....ummm, but look normal....

.....im not sure how the Jews are supposed to look....like normal people i guess....so no? you don't look Jewish?