* May 2016 Daily WATER Challenge *

Options
ballyshea
ballyshea Posts: 187 Member
I know I don't drink enough water per day, so will try to log it here, starting on May 1st.
If you'd like to join the Challenge just record the amount of water you drink each day.
This could make us more aware of what we're drinking and how much.
Good luck!
:)

Replies

• KhadijahOwos
    KhadijahOwos Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • tinkersmom863
    tinkersmom863 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    I'm in!

• marciawoodyard135
    marciawoodyard135 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will try- new to this- do I check in here or will my count register it
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 gallon per day. Refillable gallon jug. I also consume additional stuff like sports drinks, soda, beer.

• TXHoney1980
    TXHoney1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in...how do we record it?
  • ballyshea
    Options
    I will try- new to this- do I check in here or will my count register it

You can add it to your account, but, for us to see it, record it in this thread as well. :)
  • ballyshea
    Options
    I'm in...how do we record it?

I'm going to use a 2 litre container every day and see how much of it I drink. If I don't drink all of it I could change to using a measuring jug.

Or you could weigh the water on a scale and record it in ml or fluid ounces.

I haven't fully decided what will work best.
  • ballyshea
    Options
    May 1

Water - about 1.5 litres

Plus half a small cup of black coffee (cups in coffee shops are too big) and about 100 ml of diet Coke.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Thank you for doing this!!! I've been thinking about starting one of these, as I need help with this. Is it just plain water that we log? Usually in the morning I have 1 cup of black coffee and sometimes I buy 0-calorie flavored water.

I didn't officially log my water/liquid intake today, but I have a cool little app I use where I tap on the glasses of water to show how much I drink.

Thanks!
  • Earthverm
    Earthverm Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm in! Thanks for starting this challenge! My goal is 50-ish fl oz. per day. That means three 16.9 fl oz bottles of water per day. g00yvimzmbna.jpg
  • believe247a
    believe247a Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    70 ounces
  • 3bsmom03
    3bsmom03 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in. But since I just saw this I will start recording tomorrow.
  • ballyshea
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    Is it just plain water that we log?

Completely up to you, whatever helps you realise what you are drinking.

I only drank about 1 litre of water today, plus about 500 ml of soya milk.

This challenge is making me realise how little water I'm drinking.
  • ballyshea
    Options
    I stood for ages in a supermarket today trying to work out which bottle/jug to buy so that I can easily work out how much I'm drinking. I came away without one.

I think I'm going to have to find a container with a lid and measurements on the side, that I will have to carry up and downstairs in my house as I have 2 different sized bottles at the mo.

Suggestions welcome.
  • ballyshea
    Options
    May 3 - about 1.5 litres of water. Some of that was sparkling water though. Is that as bad as a fizzy drink e.g. coke?
    Plus 2 liquid breakfast shakes (one for supper).
  • Sandra61244
    Sandra61244 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just starting back on fitness pal but will be adding my water drinking daily. Today 10 glasses or 80 oz
  • medicablasto
    medicablasto Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I really need to drink more water! Today for example I bought a bottle of 500 ml, drink less than half of it and then I lost it. That was all the water for the day. I think yesterday i didn´t drink any water :'( So I am totally in for this challenge!
  • denpyv123
    denpyv123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • CureLunainTraining
    CureLunainTraining Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have a cup that measures ounces on the side, so I use that. My goal is 96 ounces a day, but I don't always get there. Yesterday, I drank 66 ounces plus some chocolate Shakeology with almond milk and stuff in it. I'm still drinking for today!
  • stibbs77
    stibbs77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in....I usually drink a gallon